Intrigue Questions

liam89

Chieftain
1) How long do I have to share intrigue after receiving notification?

2) If I have x-amount of turns to share intrigue, does moving the spy cut the duration short?

3) Does the AI being plotted against react due to intrigue?

4) Is there any reason whatsoever to NOT to share intrigue? Is it always an inconsequential diplo boost?

As for #3 and 4 : the Ai being plotted against doesnt react as he doesn't know you spied him.

Sometimes I don't share the intrigue when it's against the strongest AI or a Civ I want to take down.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1.)/2.) On the same turn that you get the info, the dialog option disapears as soon as you enter the next turn.

3.) Doesn't seem like they do. At least I've never seen an AIs military score go up significantly in InfoAddict after I told them that the military leader wants them dead.

4.) Well, if 3.) is wrong and you want to war against the aggressor, then maybe that might be a good idea, because if the other Civ is not prepared it WILL lose cities and you can liberate these cities to reset your warmonger score. Other than that it's a free diplo boost, so I don't really see any reason not to share it.

If you miss the dialog box, or dismiss it too quickly, you can go to the "discuss" screen for that civ, and share intrigue should be an option. Not sure how many turns it lasts, but once you share the intrigue, of course, the option disappears. Moving your spy out of the city does not affect your ability to share the intrigue.

The only civs I won't share intrigue with are civs that already hate me (have denounced me or are overtly hostile), since the modest diplo boost is irrelevant and the AI does factor the intrigue into its actions (even if the reaction is hardly noticeable to you -- leave a unit or two closer to the plotting civ's border or modestly reinforce a city where the intrigue says "A is marching an army towards city Y".

You can absolutely share intrigue at any time after you've gotten it. The selection on the leader discussion screen never goes away.

You can absolutely share intrigue at any time after you've gotten it. The selection on the leader discussion screen never goes away.

I am pretty sure one has multiple turns, but don’t wait too long as if there is a DoW, then the option to share intrigue goes away.

Top Bottom