Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Who would be the leader for Greenland? I think that Hans Egede would be cool as a religious civ leader. He founded Godthåb, now Nuuk, the capital of modern Greenland, and brought Christianity to the Inuit. He is still something of a hero modern Greenland, and his statue is prominent in the capital.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

We've already settled on Erik the Red, since our Greenland focuses more on Norse exploration around Vinland and the like. Would you be able to put that image in a spoiler tag please? :)

In other news. I forgot to update the OP with John Curtin, so I just went ahead and did that. I'll be updating the OP map in time too.

Erik the red will also be very cool. Only reason I might have chosen Hans instead is that Erik lacks relevance to modern Greenland, as that Nordic colony he started completely died off, and that there is already no lack of viking warrior civilisations (Denmark in the base game, and mods for Norway, Iceland). But that isn't much of a big deal, so I look forward to seeing this mod release.

Random suggestion (don't know if you're supposed to put these on here), but it would be cool if you worked on a Fiji civ at some point, with Cakobau as leader, who ruled the Fijian kingdom of Bau from 1852 to 1871, and a unified Fijian empire from 1871 to 1874, before ceding his power to the British so they could avoid being attacked by the United States. Since, many of his ancestors have become important politicians in Fiji's history.

Spoiler :

Random suggestion (don't know if you're supposed to put these on here), but it would be cool if you worked on a Fiji civ at some point, with Cakobau as leader, who ruled the Fijian kingdom of Bau from 1852 to 1871, and a unified Fijian empire from 1871 to 1874, before ceding his power to the British so they could avoid being attacked by the United States. Since, many of his ancestors have become important politicians in Fiji's history.

Gatoutak is working on two Fijian civs, one under Cakobau and another under Vueti, though they haven't been around in a while.

Now that's one heck of a sexy leader pose.

Just fine! We're still on track for a release.

Really, I'm not sure why James Cameron didn't cast a bearded Fijian man as Rose in the original film.

Originally Posted by TPangolin

Well, that's something that now exists on the internet that never would have otherwise. To think; I accidentally prompted someone to photoshop a obscure Melanisian king into a scene from a Leonardo DiCaprio romance film.:goodjob:

Top Bottom