How's the Grand Temple?

swishizzle

Chieftain
Hey guys! Haven't really had a chance to play around with the patch yet, but was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Grand Temple NW yet. I know the stats/effect but was just wondering how much it helps in a small religious empire.

It's good. Was able to snag the final religion in the game just in the nick of time because of it.

... Thats not possible?

The Grand Temple can only be built in a holy city and once all temples have been built in all of your cities and with Theology teched

I think its in the game so you dont have to burn a missonary converting all your own cities.

I'm not too sure what to think of it.

I feel like if you're tall, you don't need the religion spread, and the faith comes at the exact moment it is least important in the game, after you found a religion.

If you're wide the faith isn't worth the hammers and..you still don't need the religion spread because low pop cities under pressure from several sources change over quickly enough as is.

I feel like to make an impact, it would need to come a bit sooner and not require a religion. It also needs a different perk I'd say. The area around a holy city tends to be strongly religious anyway, and at 8 faith, I'm not sure it would ever be worth it to build it except in an empire tall enough as to almost guarantee not getting a religion anyway.

I built it in my holy city, and for the first time every city in the game (Pangaea, 6 players) except the other holy cities had my religion as a majority. By the end of the game my holy city's pressure was up to 90 points

I built it in my holy city, and for the first time every city in the game (Pangaea, 6 players) except the other holy cities had my religion as a majority. By the end of the game my holy city's pressure was up to 90 points

pressure works from city religion radii hitting one another. So 90 points is not tied to strength, but rather cities within the 10 (default) radius hitting that city. 120 and more is also possible.

I'm not sure if that was your point, so just FYI.

pressure works from city religion radii hitting one another. So 90 points is not tied to strength, but rather cities within the 10 (default) radius hitting that city. 120 and more is also possible.

I'm not sure if that was your point, so just FYI.

ah! thanks! i'll need to read up on this. this forum is a gem :goodjob:

It comes way to late to get a religion by the time you built all the temples and built the grand temple some of the most usefull believes are gonne.

If you are going theology its better to use a great engineer for the hagia sophia for a religion with liberty

... Thats not possible?

The Grand Temple can only be built in a holy city and once all temples have been built in all of your cities and with Theology teched

I see that is what I was wondering. Especially, because I am playing as the Celts and plan on trying to get it. I just built Stonehenge.

Top Bottom