[BTS] Expanded Epic Game (fixed Next War)

Chiyu

Prince
This is the normal Beyond the Sword game with the features from Next War included. I guess it will be fixed in a next patch anyway, but I don't think anyone wants to wait that long. Version 1.7 is compatible with BtS 3.13.

What I did:
- edited CIV4MainMenus.xml to get the four 'standard' main menus back.
- edited CIV4EraInfos.xml to get the default music back in the ancient, classical, medieval, renaissance, industrial and modern eras (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=231911 for more info about this "bug").
- removed Mr. Big, The Lady, The Glorious Leader and His Excellency from CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml.
- removed their diplomacy strings from CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml.
- removed America Inc., The Southern Empire, Asia and Europa from CIV4CivilizationInfos.
- certain bugs regarding the buildings (that were only in Next War) fixed.
- removed unnecessary sound files to reduce the file size to almost nothing.
- Implemented Solver's unofficial patch fix.

Download the "Expanded mod" version 1.7 here.

Note: just put this in Beyond the Sword\Mods\, like any other mod and NOT in Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War\ or something!

Any chance you can get BtS's regular ethnically diverse units in there? Apparently all units look the same in Next War -- just like in Warlords and vanilla.

Good stuff. I was merely responding to rumour.

My next game will be with with your mod. Thanks!

Important notice:
I re-uploaded a better version of the mod. I came to notice that Next War also renamed the United Nations to League of Nations, removed the Apostolic Palace and removed the ability to regenerate maps in (single player) custom games.
This is all fixed now. The Expanded mod component has all the features from the Civ4 BtS core game plus all the technologies, units and buildings from Next War.

If you download this mod on the 20th, 21th or 22th of July, please re-download and replace it asap!

Does it still have the Great Wall requiring 6 cities to have walls first ? [Epic game standard does not]
(I like building the GW , what can I tell ya :) )

where do you extract this mod? Overwrite the default Nextwar, right?

If so please remove the "expanded" directory from the zip structure so it can be easily done.

Never overwrite anything.

I put the files in their own folder under "Beyond the Sword\Mods"

Then just load as would any other mod.

Bug with Portuguese. It says their special building replaces the market instead of customs house. Both the market and their special building have the same effects.

There are more than a few weird things in the Next War XML files. Comparing the Next War & Expanded mod files to the XML files in BTS\Assets\XML, I noticed that quite a few things need to be adjusted. For instance: Great Wall req's walls, apostolic palace missing, portuguese UB is Market, advanced start costs are all off, tech pre-reqs are different in some cases (eg: SDI w/Satellites instead of laser), some of the unit promotion info was overwritten w/the new next war units, etc. Also some of the python files are missing features like Partisans too.

I think Next War was based on an earlier build of BTS, and so is missing a bunch of the later features and tweaks.

(Woohoo! 1st post after lurking for 5 years :p)

Oh, most of those things can easily be fixed with XML. Damn, I never expected Next War to be that buggy. I'll definitely have a look at it and re-upload when I get home again (on Thursday).

As for the missing Python features... I'm quite sure I didn't include any python files in the mod so I'm not sure what I can do to fix that. Any ideas what could be wrong, Madd Mugsy?

@Chiyu:

There are only 2 python files in Next War, so it's not that serious. I made all my changes directly to my Next War directory (yes, bad, I know, but I was feeling lazy) so I'll need to reinstall to check the differences :p IIRC, it was just the partisans, and some wonder events. You should be able to diff the NW python files w/the BTS files just like XML though, so it should be pretty easy to fix.

Chiyu, I want to mention first that I was rather annoyed to find some of the inconsistencies in the Next War epic mod and your mod has been wonderful.

I noticed what seems to be a problem in Next War, however, and wonder if you'd have some insight on how to fix it. The arcology and arcology shielding structures seem to be duplicated, such that when you build them you end up with 3 bubbles over your cities. Huge bubbles. Now, maybe that's what they intended, but I think what they meant to do is replace the old arcology model with a new one (with shield effects). I looked in the XML and could find no way to replace a building after a new one had been built, however.

Hello,
Some problems with my last download of this mod. You could perhaps rename the file (and/or the link) in order we now which version we have in the hands.
Whatever : :thanx:

I have an idea, how about making a next war/gods of old hybrid mod, (basically gods of old with an extended tech-tree).

I have an idea, how about making a next war/gods of old hybrid mod, (basically gods of old with an extended tech-tree).

Here here! Not being a modder I'm not sure if there is some overlap that would require more than just slapping these two mods together in one mod. Like would some of the future tech units need modifications to utilize the God's unique promotions? Would the AI's need modification to recognize how to integrate the new units into their wars for religious domination?

Most importantly, what would this be called? Here's my vote:

Sumerian Tech Wars! :cool:

Oh, touche, I withdraw my bid, "Mechs O' Potamia" is so god awfuly groanworthy that I love it!

Top Bottom