DLC? When?

Could someone bring me up to speed with this DLC? Do we know what it's going to be?

It'll probably be after the release of the fall patch. I know in the past they've often tried to time the release of DLC and a patch to come out at the same time, but I think they've been focusing exclusively on the patch at the moment (changing Japan and Germany could be the closest to DLC).

When the game first came out, they released the Mongols with the first patch, but I suspect they laid the groundwork for them ahead of time. On the other hand, it's clear that they can't do more civs than they did for BNW (so there's no DLC just waiting to be released).

Added 3 more City-States (Vilnius, Bogota and Wellington, one of each type).

so basically patch will add Lithuania, Columbia, and New Zealand capitals. I wonder if 1 (or 2) civs that will be added in DLC will be?

Well, I expect that Vilnius was going to be a City-State from the release (since they added Riga), except they made it a Polish city. However, people from both Poland and Lithuania objected to this representation of Poland-Lithuania as Poland so they changed it before release. Because of that, I think they decided it was a good idea to add as a City-State.

So I wouldn't read too much into it (except perhaps that Gran Colombia and New Zealand aren't likely).

When the game first came out, they released the Mongols with the first patch, but I suspect they laid the groundwork for them ahead of time. On the other hand, it's clear that they can't do more civs than they did for BNW (so there's no DLC just waiting to be released).
Somebody has looked in the files before the first patches and has already seen files about Mongolia.

I believe the last few DLC were released in conjunction with large patches. The concensus seems to be that DLC sales help pay for the patch work. I think the DLC will be released the same day as the Fall Patch goes gold.
There are 2 DLC listed in steamdb: "Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents" & "Changing Worlds Map Pack: Nations." So, it seems pretty likely the DLC will be maps, not civs.
I would personally like more scenarios, especially a modern/future one, and updates of the vanilla scenarios to BNW or G&K mechanics, but those all seem unlikely based on the DLC names.

There are 2 DLC listed in steamdb: "Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents" & "Changing Worlds Map Pack: Nations." So, it seems pretty likely the DLC will be maps, not civs.
It might be, but i hope not. Adding even just one modern Civ would really be a good Christmas gift to everyone.

When is the Fall Patch due to be released? Or is there not a date yet? I'm excited for the new Japan and Germany, and also Indonesia's Candi no longer needing fresh water.

I just hope they don't force another darn tiny map on us.

Somebody has looked in the files before the first patches and has already seen files about Mongolia.

Yes, at least the Dawn of Man file was done. Whether that means every graphic file was complete is unknown, but they were certainly better prepared for free the DLC than they are for DLC to be released this early.

Maybe we'll get November/December, though, for the Christmas rush.

Top Bottom