Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Why is it that when I sometimes select a random event option I get a CTD? I'm only using this and the community patch, obviously.

Edit: On second thoughts it's been 24 hours and no response so I'll stop using this mod.

Instead of posting something that provides no real information and then waiting basically no time and throwing a fit and storming out, you could have actually helped by posting error logs.

Saying something crashed is useless without providing some context, and modders are not always active. A 24 hours isn't really a long time to wait for a response on a forum.

So I've been getting some CTD with this mod. Not always but it seems whenever an event appears its possible for me to get one. This is my mods list... is there any here that would be incompatible in some way?:

3UC
4UC
Custom Advanced Setup Screen
Info Addict
More Luxuries
More Pantheons
Randomize City Names
Tectonic Map Script

Thanks

First the n00b question; I've never seen a E&D event with the pictures shown in screen shots. Is this due to not having any of the Community patch mods?

Secondly, I noticed when Louis III mod is active (although not in the game) Napoleon loses his Civ specific E&D events. Not sure why.

Is there a way to disable the Cultural Development events, but still have the normal events fire? I think the CulDev events are causing CTDs for me, and I'd like to at least try to see if they're the problem. Or is it gonna be a case of commenting them out in the file?

Is there a way to disable the Cultural Development events, but still have the normal events fire? I think the CulDev events are causing CTDs for me, and I'd like to at least try to see if they're the problem. Or is it gonna be a case of commenting them out in the file?

You can comment out the specific event (it's a single event) if you want to remove it. Yeah.

You can comment out the specific event (it's a single event) if you want to remove it. Yeah.

Thanks, I'll do some troubleshooting with it. I've been getting consistent CTDs with JFD's Muscovy, and I'm wondering if it might be a problem related to the CulDiv fallback failing for Eastern.

Core --> Events --> CoreEvents --> CoreEvents.lua

I commented out the Cultural Development event, and so far I have not experienced a CTD since. Not sure if it was a mod incompatibility or what, but my CTD problems were definitely with that one Event...

Hello! I am running the Aspyr version of civ 5 on Mac. I have both the expansions as well as all the Civ DLC (But not all the map packs). Sometimes, when an event pops up, the game crashes:c5unhappy:. I will post the full report next time this happens, but for now, is there a way I can disable the events, but not the decisions? Thanks for your time!

P.S. I have my computer specs in my profile.

I've run E&D fine on its own and am trying it with JFD's RTP mod. Every thing seems to be fine, except there's no diplocorner (I think the EUI does away with it). Is there a way to get to the E&D menu in EUI?

Korea's Gunpowder decision allows you to enact it despite not having enough Magistrates, leading to a negative number of Magistrates; presumably the CanFunc has no check for the number of Magistrates?

I have all the CP downloads including EU1 and all JFD's WIP's. Also this one. I do not know which one includes a decision about a holy book, but I encountered an issue. I got the message that a new decision was available. I went to the panel, but did not see one. Then I hovered over the notification, and it referred to a holy book.

Mods:
CP
CBO
More Luxuries
C4DC5
RtP
CulDiv
CiD
E&D

Random question that has nothing to do with the above discussion:

Can you make an event fire at one specific year?

I have all the CP downloads including EU1 and all JFD's WIP's. Also this one. I do not know which one includes a decision about a holy book, but I encountered an issue. I got the message that a new decision was available. I went to the panel, but did not see one. Then I hovered over the notification, and it referred to a holy book.

Mods:
CP
CBO
More Luxuries
C4DC5
RtP
CulDiv
CiD
E&D
When I hover over the notification, I see this about the holy book: TXT.......holybook. I can not remember what the other text is between TXT and holybook.

Not a complaint but so Corruption and Comet events come just when I need the Gold or Golden Age points, and the Technological breakthrough usually involves me making a fool of my self having no significance to the technology I'm researching. Real bad luck eh? :p

Using events and decisions and had a crash when I clicked on Consolidate the Khaganate, while using the Bulan civ. I cannot get past the CTD. Had a great game going too. Let me know if this has been a problem for anyone else. Thanks.

Using events and decisions and had a crash when I clicked on Consolidate the Khaganate, while using the Bulan civ. I cannot get past the CTD. Had a great game going too. Let me know if this has been a problem for anyone else. Thanks.

I've had crash long time ago, but really don't know what was the case, ai played this civilization. I just deleted all of it in Ingame Editor.

How can I install this MOD in my Civ5 BNW linux game? I place the archive in my ~/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder, but it's not unarchived at all when I start the game...

And from the terminal I get this....

kimme@lapptopp ~/Desktop $ unzip -LL Sukritacts\ Events\ and\ Decisions\ \(v\ 3\).zip
Archive: Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3).zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3).zip or
Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3).zip.zip, and cannot find Sukritacts Events and Decisions (v 3).zip.ZIP, period.

Top Bottom