Citadel placement

no. it will remove the forest, however.
forts, on the other hand, could be built on forest without removing it.

i just cheked it on my own tiles and as you wrote i can place them on forest, but for some reason i can't place citadel in cs terriotry. Tile is next to my border, it has lumbermill improvement it's surrounded with other CS tiles but one (i own that). Am I missing something?

i just cheked it on my own tiles and as you wrote i can place them on forest, but for some reason i can't place citadel in cs terriotry. Tile is next to my border, it has lumbermill improvement it's surrounded with other CS tiles but one (i own that). Am I missing something?

You can't place a citadel within a CS/civ's borders.

Not true. As long as the citadel itself is in a tile adjacent to your territory, you can create a citadel and steal territory. But, because it is an aggressive act, it cannot be done while you have an active peace treaty with the target civ or CS.

I would guess that you recently agreed to peace with that CS as part of a treaty with an enemy AI that was allied with that CS. If my guess is correct, you should be able to steal the CS's territory once the peace treaty ends.

CS don't have ally, i can place citadel in any other tile next to my border except this one tile. I don't know if this is a reason but my GG stood there before i settled to make citadele possible. I moved GG around but every time he's back on that tile i don't have Gpersons menus and keyboard shortcut don't work either. Maybe citadales have a cap in number of tiles converted?

I had something like this recently. The CS tile I wanted to steal had a forest and a lumber mill. It was adjacent to my territory and we had never been to war. Couldn't take it. Strange, because I've stolen CS territory before.

Since it is the whales you want (I assume) you could plop the citadel on the jungle tile to the left. A work around method.
No idea why it isn't possible to put it on that tile the GG is on though.

Interesting ... the tile I wanted to steal was also a whale tile, and I was on a forest with a lumber mill. Did the same kind of work around as Black213 suggested, but not sure why it didn't work first time.

I couldn't place a citadel too like this, but I believe it was not on a forest tile. And it was from a Civ. What I did was declare war on the peticular civ (it was a weak Civ anyway and I didn't intend to take anything from them) and then I was able to settle a citadel in their territory adjacent to my territory. Maybe you should try that, declare war on CS and find out if you are able to settle the citadel...

You can try pillaging --good idea there.

In any event, sounds like a bug. If you post a save file, I will move this to Bug Reports..

Usually when you hover your cursor over an action icon, if it can't be completed, it shows you why. Have you tried that?

Perhaps it is the proximity to the CS capital or the fact that you are currently friends with the CS.

Apologies in advance, slightly off-topic but related q:

What happens if you plant a citadel next to another civ's/CS' city? Does it now capture the city (seems unlikely)? Is it possible to plant that close (assuming you fulfil the other criteria)?

Apologies in advance, slightly off-topic but related q:

What happens if you plant a citadel next to another civ's/CS' city? Does it now capture the city (seems unlikely)? Is it possible to plant that close (assuming you fulfil the other criteria)?
I believe I have done this once. No you don't capture the city, the other tiles adjacent to the citadel will be yours.

This has always been like this. You cannot plant a citadel in foreign territory unless you are at war with the owner of the tile. You can steal territory as long as the tile where you plant the citadel is not owned. Makes all the sense in the world.

This has always been like this. You cannot plant a citadel in foreign territory unless you are at war with the owner of the tile. You can steal territory as long as the tile where you plant the citadel is not owned. Makes all the sense in the world.
This. You can only place a citadel outside your territory if it is adjacent to your borders & not occupied by any CS/civ (during peace time).

This. You can only place a citadel outside your territory if it is adjacent to your borders & not occupied by any CS/civ (during peace time).
You both didn't read all posts. Yes you can place citadel in CS territory (not civ) in peace time, and in this game i can do that everywhere but not on this tile from ss. Please play the game first then try to respond.

Anyway it's clearly a bug.

Browd here is a save file.

Attachments

• Napoleon_0328 AD-1540.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
Top Bottom