Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

Any chance someone could cook up a Khomeini icon?

Hmmm, I'll see if I can clean it up a bit. I see an area in the background I have to fix anyways.

EDIT: Less watercoloured background.

Spoiler :

The one Specialize made here!

Also it'd be great if you or someone could do a Rev. Guard unit flag - this image is too complicated but it might be a good basis?

Thanks! I'll probably use Specialize's take on the unit flag.

Brilliant. GPuzzle, that's your cue to wrap up Israel! I really like this icon.

I think for now let's limit it to the Cold War US and USSR. This means Khruschechchcev, with his Tu-95 'Bear' and Design Bureau (OKB), although no map needed. Reagan will need a SEAL, Abrams tank and Joint Strike Fighter, a War Memorial building, He'd also be great with a sweet map showing off the American military bases around the world.

Like I wrote above, I don't want to do much more before Civ 6.

Oh no, hope to see at least East Germany, UK, Japan, Indonesia and UAE then. And Angola as well, but give that it is a collab, it'll probably get done anyway. Also, I assume Tarcisio will provide the art, right?
The US map will probably be complicated, given that there were bases pretty much everywhere. So will the OKB, as just like the Bonyad, there are no specific pictures to base it on. By the way, what do you think of having a Tsar Bomba decision for Khrushchev? There are not enough nuke replacements.

If only I had none of my own things to deal with, I'd try to take a more active role on Khrushchev. His design can potentially be so much fun but tiresome to code. And yes, Reagan's map too. Did you ever find a reference map with all the US bases around the world?

Oh no, hope to see at least East Germany, UK, Japan, Indonesia and UAE then. And Angola as well, but give that it is a collab, it'll probably get done anyway. Also, I assume Tarcisio will provide the art, right?
The US map will probably be complicated, given that there were bases pretty much everywhere. So will the OKB, as just like the Bonyad, there are no specific pictures to base it on. By the way, what do you think of having a Tsar Bomba decision for Khrushchev? There are not enough nuke replacements.

I'm good with Tsar Bomba. Regarding the US bases, the map on this
page might be useful. It doesn't pinpoint locations but it does show countries with US military presence. Regarding the OKB: I googled for Soviet research lab. This was one result that I liked.

UAE is also a collab, but given how silent LiTE generally is....Same with Japan. It's actually mostly done art wise. I'm prioritizing US and USSR because I love the Cold War...we'll see how this goes. No matter which civs I chose to finish up some people would be sad :(

Like I said I'm interested in porting everything over to Civ 6, to the extent that that's possible!

I'm missing an Alpha for the Merkava.

Also, I'm not compiling Israel, I've had too many problems compiling stuff. Also E&D. Oh Lord E&D.

I'm good with Tsar Bomba. Regarding the US bases, the map on this
page might be useful. It doesn't pinpoint locations but it does show countries with US military presence. Regarding the OKB: I googled for Soviet research lab. This was one result that I liked.

UAE is also a collab, but given how silent LiTE generally is....Same with Japan. It's actually mostly done art wise. I'm prioritizing US and USSR because I love the Cold War...we'll see how this goes. No matter which civs I chose to finish up some people would be sad :(

Like I said I'm interested in porting everything over to Civ 6, to the extent that that's possible!

After the Ainu are out I could whip out icons for Japan and collect more of those quotes.

If we could get someone to help with compiling that'd cross a major hurdle for us.

Thanks for the flag! Stamos that map is exactly what I want to represent.

Top Bottom