JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

So, today, expect at least Switzerland and Peter to be updated.

Niiice. Thank you for the Updates JFD, also provides me a reason to replay Napoleon :)

EDIT: Switzerland update looks like fun as well!

@JFD

I really liked the old Kaserne ability. Is it possible to download the updated version manually and replace the file concerning the Kaserne with the one from the old version?

Otherwise, I think you should let the GPP points for Louis stand for now and allow for more playtesting. Not every player gets the same amount of wonders as Claptrap Natan does. ;)

@JFD

I really liked the old Kaserne ability. Is it possible to download the updated version manually and replace the file concerning the Kaserne with the one from the old version?

Otherwise, I think you should let the GPP points for Louis stand for now and allow for more playtesting. Not every player gets the same amount of wonders as Claptrap Natan does. ;)
I'll save JFD the trouble here... in a gesture of good will from 16NP...

I've got versions 2 and 3 of JFD's Switzerland on hand (I really should update my mods more often).

Getting a graphical glitch with Louis's city UI. The GP icons are just grey boxes. Tried to get a screenshot but it only caught the map.

Playing Hatshepsut, I had a problem where after building a cargo ship, there were no trade destinations showing up in the trade route menu. Unfortunately, I didn't have logging enabled and I'm off to bed now. Maybe somebody else who does have logging enable can provide the relevant information for JFD . . .unless I'm the only one having this problem.

Who did Napoleon's UU replace before this update? I thought they had always replaced those ones.
(Love these updates by the way, although like Natan I'm worried to start a new game in fear of an upcoming update)

The Imperial Guard used to replace the Lancer and the Cheavau-leger used to replace Cavalry I think.

The Imperial Guard used to replace the Lancer and the Cheavau-leger used to replace Cavalry I think.

Indeed. But with the EE, it was time to put them where they truly belong.

Playing Hatshepsut, I had a problem where after building a cargo ship, there were no trade destinations showing up in the trade route menu. Unfortunately, I didn't have logging enabled and I'm off to bed now. Maybe somebody else who does have logging enable can provide the relevant information for JFD . . .unless I'm the only one having this problem.

This was an issue in a previous version. Perhaps try re-downloading to see if that fixes it.

Getting a graphical glitch with Louis's city UI. The GP icons are just grey boxes. Tried to get a screenshot but it only caught the map.

Work fine for me. Can only help if you have your Lua+Database logs.

Peter I updated:
[FONT=""Garamond"]Peter I (Russia)
Download | Subscribe[/FONT]

• Added/Updated modded support for: Sovereignty, Mercenaries, Wish for the World, Cultural Diversity, Civ IV Traits, Ethnic Units, Enlightenment Era, Events, Dynamic Top Panel, CBP, C&C, TAL.
  • Added new map for Catherine, courtesy of Regalman.
  • Changed denonym to 'Petrine Russian'.
  • Fixed an issue where, if you have more than one DoF, you would not gain the 'same tech' Science bonus. Now, this bonus stacks.
  • With CP DLL, Krepost now acts as a mini-Great Wall (this effect is taken from the CBP changes to the Krepost, which I particularly like). This is on top of the existing effect, so with the CP, the Krepost costs 50 more Production.
  • Krepost now replaces the Arsenal (Bastion in EE), as in CBP. However, it has no building requirement. Closer to Peter's time, at least!
  • With the CBP, Catherine's Banya will increase Production of Mines, Camps, and Lumbermills (CBP Krepost effect) - modifiers are taboo in CBP-land.
  • 'Grand Embassy' and 'Bulavin Rebellion' World Events now describes the AI's choice of reward.
  • The Bulavin Rebellion event may now fire randomly during the Industrial Era (was affixed to a specific year before). Also added some safety checks to (hopefully) prevent CTDs.
  • 'Institute the Preobrazhensky Regiment' Decision changed: Now grants +25% Combat Bonus in Friendly Borders promotion to current Gun Units of lv. 4 or above. Gold cost lowered to compensate.
  • Fixed an issue where the Two-Decker was not requiring Iron.

I would very much like to see you update civs that actually are in need of an update... AFAIK Prussia works perfectly fine, same with Karl XII.

I'm glad to see Phillip II is being created as an alternate Spanish leader, is there any future plans for an alternate Portuguese leader as well? The Iberian peninsula seems to be sorely lacking in alternate civs! (Although there's some nice original civs like the Moors & the Iberians)

Oh Natan, you're a hoothoot.

No your modjesty! I'm a Noctowl.
(I should really think more before I write posts)

Found a similar issue to Ixor Drakar. The icons at the bottom of Louis' cityscreen are reddish blurs, and there isn't any text inside the boxes. Lua log showed this:
Code:
[12609.295] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's The Kingdom of France (v 4)\Lua/JFD_France_Functions.lua:54: attempt to index global 'player' (a nil value)
Admittedly, I was playing without the CP, although this was the only thing that I found that didn't work without the CP. Is this the explanation?

First France, now Russia - sheesh, I need to finish that game as Louis XIV pronto. :lol:

A certain Lusophone modder is on track with those! At least I hope he still is. :p

ARE YOU SERIOUS it took me 2 and a half hours to realize Louis is bugged... Can you upload a hotfix that wont break saves? please?

I'm glad to see Phillip II is being created as an alternate Spanish leader, is there any future plans for an alternate Portuguese leader as well? The Iberian peninsula seems to be sorely lacking in alternate civs! (Although there's some nice original civs like the Moors & the Iberians)

Yeah, with all the EU4 fans here I'm surprised no one's done a Castile or Aragon.

I'm glad to see Phillip II is being created as an alternate Spanish leader, is there any future plans for an alternate Portuguese leader as well?

Just remove one of the Is from his regnal number and he'll work for Portugal too. ;)

ARE YOU SERIOUS it took me 2 and a half hours to realize Louis is bugged... Can you upload a hotfix that wont break saves? please?

Sorry Natan, but tbh if you aren't playing with the CP, you shouldn't expect any better.

Found a similar issue to Ixor Drakar. The icons at the bottom of Louis' cityscreen are reddish blurs, and there isn't any text inside the boxes. Lua log showed this:
Code:
[12609.295] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's The Kingdom of France (v 4)\Lua/JFD_France_Functions.lua:54: attempt to index global 'player' (a nil value)
Admittedly, I was playing without the CP, although this was the only thing that I found that didn't work without the CP. Is this the explanation?

Yup, that was it. Updated to fix.

Top Bottom