Torpedo in progress download available

ZergMazter

Prince
Hello everyone. I wish i was only half as skillful as some of the people on this forum :/ ... nevertheless im putting together some of firaxis art and some of our forum member's art in order to create a torpedo unit which is in essence a cruise missile for the seas.

Forgive me if im wrong but i believe the torpedo animations belong to Wyrmshadow and explosion to Vulcadon. This is not my own work and i only put it together with the firaxis cruise missile in an attempt to create a torpedo.

I loved the way it moves! I didnt know that 'cruise missile' flag made the unit move forward while using the 'run' FLC, so it glides thru the water in an appealing way. Unfortunately im not skillful enough to make corrections to the art since its a moving object and if anyone is willing to give me a hand i would greatly appreciate it. Also i had to use the missile graphics since i have never found a torpedo in the forum.

To see it in action give it the same stats as a cruise missile and give it the 'tactic missile' flag so that it can be loaded into a submarine, and use it against a late game ship. It looks pretty neat even with the errors when its being fired from south to north or the other way around.

Im trying to figure out a way to make the AI build a lot more cruise missiles and torpdoes so they can load them up into their naval ships and use them against their foes. I really like the Idea of having to load up your ships with missiles and torpedos like on civ 4.

Also I keep the sub's stats as they are since they can only fire torpedos in my game as long as they got some amo loaded:D

Plz try it, comment, and help me out if possible. Im just an average Joe with no animation knowledge.

EDIT: I forgot to mention! Position your sub with ur missile 2-3 tiles away from your target so that u can see the full animation and not a quick glimpse of how it really looks like (even tho its not that bad being up close). Remember this is a ranged weapon :)

EDIT: I actually made a mini mod with Ares darker graphics so that you can see it in detail. Just download it and put the folder and the map where all the other conquests scenarios are at 'Conquests/Conquests' and it will work just fine. Load up the torpedo, skip the first turn, and kill the AEGIS Cruiser next turn with it. Test the various angles so you can see what im missing and the errors i have no clue how to fix. Use the worker to give you more sight if u wanna test it at 3-4 tiles distance.

Attachments

• Torpedo Test.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 48
Top Bottom