Incan UA & Kilimanjaro Stack!

Dogmouth

King
I don't know if this is already common knowledge, but Incan melee units can travel 4 hill tiles (with or without forests) if they get the Altitude Training promotion. Horsemen travel 8 hill tiles without any mobility upgrades.

I just started a Highlands game with the Incans and found Kilimanjaro about 8 tiles to my west (it will be the sight of my second city). It's comical watching my starting warrior dancing circles around the AI.

I was wondering about that, thanks for letting us know. Now I want to know if it stacks with the Norwegian Ski Infantry's promotion.

Well, I'd say it's OP, but then it is such a low chance of happening :D

Having Kilimanjaro about 6-10 tiles away from your starting position happens more then you think. :lol: Maybe it's just my luck tho. I often see it in my games, and of course, I have to grab that land. :rolleyes::D

Got it few times with Shaka. Flying Impis. :D

So, what if there was an Incan Norwegian Ski Infantry with a Kilimanjaro promotion? :eek:

The mongols will declare war on you and you'll be fighting in the open plains with no hills nearby.

The mongols will declare war on you and you'll be fighting in the open plains with no hills nearby.

Speaking of mongols, I need to find some Keshiks (city states?). Keshiks with 10 movement will turn this absurd game into an absolute monstrosity. Mwah hah hah!

Speaking of mongols, I need to find some Keshiks (city states?). Keshiks with 10 movement will turn this absurd game into an absolute monstrosity. Mwah hah hah!

Actually the +1 movement is the mongol UA, not part of the Keshik. So your CS gifted Keshiks will only have 4 movement.

WHAT IF... You have an Incan Norwegian Ski Infantry with a Kilimanjaro promotion, march and the double movement through forest and jungles promotion and a huge area of forested/jungled hills?
That is not just Blitzkrieg any more. All your men are gonna get slapped in the face with ski and they won't ever see what exactly hit them.

Actually the +1 movement is the mongol UA, not part of the Keshik. So your CS gifted Keshiks will only have 4 movement.

Dang. Alright, now the plan is to get Comanche raiders, upgrade them to tanks, get lightning warfare, declare war and bypass the enemy's border cities while seizing every capital in one turn. I think the lightning-comanche-Incan-altitude-trained tanks should be able to move 16 tiles in one turn without ZOC. That should be enoough to do the trick! Instant domination, here we come!

WHAT IF... You have an Incan Norwegian Ski Infantry with a Kilimanjaro promotion, march and the double movement through forest and jungles promotion and a huge area of forested/jungled hills?
That is not just Blitzkrieg any more. All your men are gonna get slapped in the face with ski and they won't ever see what exactly hit them.

I lol'd at this comment.

So, what if there was an Incan Norwegian Ski Infantry with a Kilimanjaro promotion? :eek:

Or subsequently a Panzer with Incan UA, Mobility and Kiliminjaro.

I noticed this myself and was going to make the same post. The funniest part was when I dowed Theodora and my pikes were outrunning her cavalry on foot. The most beautiful part was the Cbows moving three tiles and attacking in the same turn.

Just to clarify, I am currently playing a game in which a CS is gifting me keshiks and they have 5 movement points, not 4.

Just to clarify, I am currently playing a game in which a CS is gifting me keshiks and they have 5 movement points, not 4.

Yeah, as Maximo the Xth noted above, Keshiks are ranged, not mounted, units (even though they upgrade to a mounted unit), so they don't get the benefit of the Mongolian UA (+1 movement for mounted units). To compensate, they come with 5 movement points out of the box (plus Quick Study and Move after Attack -- yikes!).

Top Bottom