City limits

My machine is much to slow ,that your hack would make sense.
But I welcome such work too !

but it's not even possible to have a city every 2 tiles :). A city requires a minimum of 9 tiles that no other city can be in.

Hmmm... I would say that you better check that back ,man. When you are willing to go at war you can settle everywhere (except on top of an existing city) ,even one tile beneath an `enemy` city. Just try it out ...

Bye
General 666

My machine is much to slow ,that your hack would make sense.
But I welcome such work too !

Hmmm... I would say that you better check that back ,man. When you are willing to go at war you can settle everywhere (except on top of an existing city) ,even one tile beneath an `enemy` city. Just try it out ...

Bye
General 666

Really? I've never tried and never thought about it before. So if you go to war you can plop a city right next to the enemies, then conquer their city and have them side by side... Interesting.

Tom

Yes, I apologize for the part about "hacking" when it wasn't that person who posted it. On the other hand it irks me when people say they've provided something unlimited, or request things like an unlimited number of possible civs, since limits are inherent, even if changeable. And they are going to continue to be powers of 2 until we move beyond binary computing. The whole structure of the game is that way: 32 resources, 32 civ slots, 4 eras, 512 cities, 256 color palettes, etc. etc. etc.

Whoever made this is my civ3 hero and to the person who uploaded this, you are my other civ3 hero. The single most irritating limitation in this game now removed. I play on custom 204 x 204 maps with 17 civs (so no i am not one of those max size/max civ overkill people) and there are always blank patches of land that nobody can settle due to the city limit. This also lets the ai catch up with me in terms of building cities (due to my extremely agreesive expansion early on, i almost invariably end up with about 20-30 more cities than the average ai opponent).

Now if there were only some way to speed up the turns between (not caused by this mod, but in general) i would probably be set for the rest of my civ life.

-Ex0dus

First post updated, attachment with "no city limits for mapeditor en/ru versions" added. Thx to Virote_Considon guy (he sent me 512 cities map). And sure thanks to sYn.

First post updated, attachment with "no city limits for mapeditor en/ru versions" added. Thx to Virote_Considon guy (he sent me 512 cities map). And sure thanks to sYn.

Wow, just wow.

There are things that bothered me for ages, and you guys solve them within days. :eek:

The editor is working well, now I can add the American coast to my large WW2 map (that had 512 cities until now) - fantastic! My PBEM friends will be happy to hear this.

Thanks! :D

Btw, you seem to have some buds with real skill there. I wonder which other tricks they have on their sleeve - like raising other limits (4 eras, 31 civs, 128 wonders etc).

:mischief:

I have tested out the limit in game (in one of my own saves) but not the new map editor feature. It works fine with no known problems.

-Ex0dus

Absolutely amazing! Works perfect beyond the 512 city limit in city placement!

The file is only 3/4 the original size, this file is 3.23MB compared to the original at 4.36MB.

BTW, as far as file sizes, you are correct the original Conquests.exe is 4,472 KB's, but the No City Limit/No city limit No Raze patches are 3316 KB's.

But it is no different than the No Raze patch and the Civilopedia Icon error patch, which are both 3316 KB's also, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. As far as why all the patches are smaller, I haven't got a clue :)

Again,
Awesome job!

Tom

Really? I've never tried and never thought about it before. So if you go to war you can plop a city right next to the enemies, then conquer their city and have them side by side... Interesting.

Tom

You are just kidding ???
Side by side ???
The way to go is to raze the enemy one. Make sure it`s you who `design` the map !
Never had an enemy settling one tile away from the (l)only iron resource on the map ?

Bye
General 666

You are just kidding ???
Side by side ???
The way to go is to raze the enemy one. Make sure it`s you who `design` the map !
Never had an enemy settling one tile away from the (l)only iron resource on the map ?

Bye
General 666

That's what I'm saying... I've never heard or seen of anyone being able to have a city directly side-by-side to another city while at war with a civ. This means you should be able to put a city on both sides of an enemy city that you are at war with and then when you take the enemy city, have 3 cities side-by-side-by-side. That is easy enough to test, but I am still skeptical. ;)

Tom

Is the change in city numbers stored in the biq file as well? If so, then anyone using the hack should for a mod needs to mention that so as to warn people not using the hack.

Has anyone checked to see if the AI will continue to build settlers/cities?
I did, Im playing with them lol, we had 512 cities before update and 770+ atm and I have built just 30.
Is the change in city numbers stored in the biq file as well? If so, then anyone using the hack should for a mod needs to mention that so as to warn people not using the hack.
All limits got fixed in exe. It wont appears on biq/sav files.

A big tank you to you, Knuckles, and to sYn. Personally, I don't play on these big maps, but you've made many people happy.

Question: Can somebody fill me in on what the no raze patch does? Does it make abandoning towns impossible? Do captured towns size 1 with no culture stay on the map? :confused:

To General 666, who thinks you can settle right next to another town: you can't. It's just like having a settler on a mountain: the option to found a town won't come up.

A big tank you to you, Knuckles, and to sYn. Personally, I don't play on these big maps, but you've made many people happy.

Question: Can somebody fill me in on what the no raze patch does? Does it make abandoning towns impossible? Do captured towns size 1 with no culture stay on the map? :confused:

Yes, as Knuckles said, the AI will not raze any towns at all... When a human player takes a town/city, the human player still has the option box pop up offering them to raze the town/city. Usually a scenario or mod will state that it is house rules for the human player not to raze, etc.

Tom

Top Bottom