Warhammer Fantasy 2.5 mod

gimmeadog

Chieftain
Has anyone had success with the warhammer fantasy 2.5 modpack? I downloaded it on a PC and transfered the files to my mac but still cant get it to work. I feel as if im likely skipping some important step, but i dont honestly really know what im doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess you've found out how to install it by now. But anyway,

when you unzip the file, you'll get 2 items
"WH2 folder" and "WH2.5.biq"

put both into the
Conquests Game Data/Scenarios

Plus go to

Conquests Game Data/Conquests/Sengoku/Art/Units

copy all those files in there, eg. medieval japanese settler etc

paste to

Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/WH2/Art/Units

and you can play most races without problems.

To play: go to Civ content in game and choose WH2.biq to load

Warning: addictive mod

Thanks! That sounds similar to what I did--- Ill try that out and see if i can get it to work

I just tried it, and it works for me. BTW, you don't need to use a PC to unRAR the downloaded file. Just download it to your Mac and double click it.

It works and it rocks. So far, i've also encountered 2 small issues.

1 is the "Art\Units\EtruscanChariot\EtruscanChariotAttack.flc." missing file.
embryodead pointed out in the WH2.5 thread, you can correct this by opening the EtruscanChariotAttack.ini file (say by textedit) and change line 10's EtruscanChariotAttack.flc. back to EtruscanChariotAttack.flc
[this solution is posted by mtrn in the original WH2.5 thread, and i just paste it here]

2 is the missinig x_Temujin default.flc for Civ 3 complete version.
common problem as stated in the sticky Mac Mod Installation Solutions in this mac forum.
The unconfirmed solution appears to be
i) go to CIV III Complete folder
ii) create "CIV3PTW" folder and in it "Art" folder and in it "Units" folder. So you have CIV III Complete\CIV3PTW\Art\Units
iii) go to Play the World Game Data\Art\Units, copy the King Mongol folder to the newly created CIV III Complete\CIV3PTW\Art\Units.
So you now have CIV III Complete\CIV3PTW\Art\Units\King Mongol

I'm not sure if this works though. I'm playing against mongol and see if no temujin problem pops up. I guess i'll have to play as mongol also to be sure.

To mtrn, the mod works very well on mac. I've also play with mods using biq format in other games, such as relic's homeworld 2, and I'm pretty confident to say biq format mods are compatible with IBM-based Mac :)

Top Bottom