Civilization puzzles

klaskeren

Prince
some of these puzzles are pretty hard, i've listed them in order of difficulty. All of them are related to Civilization though.
18:13
30:?

(solved)

(solved)

(correct answer given/solved)
PS:?

(solved)
TK:?

(solved)

(solved)
good luck :)

Spoiler :
The first one relates to the strengths of Missile Units, so the next one is the Melee strength of Gatling Guns.

Spoiler :
I feel that the 5th puzzle includes The English - Queen Elizabeth, but cannot figure out the others there.

Spoiler :
I feel that the 5th puzzle includes The English - Queen Elizabeth, but cannot figure out the others there.
Spoiler :
...Except for there's no other civ that starts with T, even if you count "the". (referring to "TT") I guess TK could be The Koreans, but TT?

I actually thought it was TriremE:QuinqueremE, but that doesn't make sense for any other units. :/

Spoiler :
...Except for there's no other civ that starts with T, even if you count "the". (referring to "TT") I guess TK could be The Koreans, but TT?

I actually thought it was TriremE:QuinqueremE, but that doesn't make sense for any other units. :/

Yeah, there aren't that many Qs around.

Spoiler :
Is the key to the second one "Gold: 2, Hammers: 5, W...."? Or H for Happiness rather?

Spoiler :
This one seems to have several solutions:

PY (PhilosophY):OE (OraclE)
CR (CalendaR):SE (StonehengE)
WG (WritinG):GY (Great LibrarY)
PS (Physics/Printing Press/Plastics):? NE (Notre Dame)/LA (Leaning Tower of Pisa)/GE (Globe Theatre)/CR (Cristo Redentor)

This relates to special unit replacements (thanks to AgressiveWimp):
ST (ScouT):pR (PathfindeR)
TE (TriremE):QE (QuinquiremE)
TT (TrebucheT):HA (Hwach'A)
TK (TanK): PR (PanzeR)

Spoiler :
This one seems to have several solutions:

PY (PhilosophY):OE (OraclE)
CR (CalendaR):SE (StonehengE)
WG (WritinG):GY (Great LibrarY)
PS (Physics/Printing Press/Plastics):? NE (Notre Dame)/LA (Leaning Tower of Pisa)/GE (Globe Theatre)/CR (Cristo Redentor)

This relates to special unit replacements (thanks to AgressiveWimp):
ST (ScouT):pR (PathfindeR)
TE (TriremE):QE (QuinquiremE)
TT (TrebucheT):HA (Hwach'A)
TK (TanK): PR (PanzeR)

Spoiler :
nicely done, though the answer to the first one is NE, for notre dame, its the answer that makes the most sense of the options.

you guys spent too much time playing Civ5.

for the second puzzle:
Spoiler :

G=2 -> gunpowder unit have 2 moves
H=5 -> horse unit have 5 moves (actually 4 moves, but Mongols does have +1 move for horses)
W=? -> wheeled unit (tanks) have 5 moves.

you guys spent too much time playing Civ5.

for the second puzzle:
Spoiler :

G=2 -> gunpowder unit have 2 moves
H=5 -> horse unit have 5 moves (actually 4 moves, but Mongols does have +1 move for horses)
W=? -> wheeled unit (tanks) have 5 moves.

Spoiler :
Not correct, gunpowder units can be horse units also, with more moves also, so the logic is not correct either :) but a good try

Spoiler :

is it granary, hospital and watermill?

Spoiler :
I'm searching along the lines of one letter before, so G-->F(ood/aith): 2, H-->G(old): 5, but cannot then get to grips with W-->V(???). The first two fit with Gibraltar and Machu Picchu, but nothing else works.

Seems like Janskey has cracked it :)
Spoiler :
W: 2
Now then, what incorporates the number 37 in Civ? I can't find anything yet.

Correct answer, but not for the right reason, though close

I had confidence in the number I came up with, but not my reason! I look forward to the correct explanation...

Spoiler :
Hex radius increases by multiples of 6, so the fuller sequence (to match 4:21::5:37) is:

But I have no idea what this is. Land/sea trade routes maybe?
Oops, just realized my math was bad. I got this one by luck!

Spoiler :
So 37 is the full number of tiles covered by a city (i.e. three tiles in all directions), including the city itself, while 21 is one with two tiles in all directions. Wouldn't the combined radiuses minus the city tile be 4/6 then? Thus the answer being 6?

Top Bottom