No Gold on Rivers and Ocean - I'm stuck -80 GPT - Help!

I think you're being a little disrespectful to the divine will of The Developers by modifying their games. After all, their word is sacrosanct, and if you don't like their game you're obviously just whiny and need to adapt to the game they've bequeathed upon us in their benevolence.

See? I can be obnoxious too, but it doesn't make for very good conversation. So can the swarms of people who started posting stuff like this when BNW came out please give it a rest?
Do you know what is developers intention when they decide to give community ability to make mods ?They want from us who don't agree with their's original plan and ideas to make our own game.Game that would fit our and other alike taste and everyone is happy,they have less headaches from lack of impossible demands and its all optional so people like you can just ignore it ok ?If they think that modifying their game is any kind of disrespect towards them than they would cut off mod support.

Why are you all so mean to each other? We all share the love for this game and there are always pros and cons to all changes. Teasing and arguing opinions is one thing but killing cats ??? You are nuts!

This last change of gold removal I think removes the advantage of obtaining certain tiles early and it does not do historical justice to the birth place of Western Civ next to the Ganges and Indus rivers. Pretty much any old large city have a river close by. Flowing fresh water is essential in so many ways. The Romans knew this very well! Fresh water also helps irrigate farms. River beds are typically very fertile hence ---> Great soil = many people in the same area = high tax revenue; hence ---> gold should come from tiles next to rivers and lakes.

This last change of gold removal I think removes the advantage of obtaining certain tiles early and it does not do historical justice to the birth place of Western Civ next to the Ganges and Indus rivers. Pretty much any old large city have a river close by. Flowing fresh water is essential in so many ways. The Romans knew this very well! Fresh water also helps irrigate farms. River beds are typically very fertile hence ---> Great soil = many people in the same area = high tax revenue; hence ---> gold should come from tiles next to rivers and lakes.

Most of this is represented by civil service giving farms with access to fresh water(rivers or lakes) extra food, you can build water mills on cities next to rivers and there is even a religious belief that benifits rivers if I recall correctly. There is possibly a few other benifits I am forgetting.

The gold on rivers and sea tiles represented the flow of trade, now trade routes exist they simply made cities on rivers get a 25% bonus, and sea trade routes are 2x better than land trade routes, then they removed the gold from the tiles as it is represented in this way.

I am sure this was all explained earlier on but I felt the need to try again.

25% of nothing is a whole lot more of nothing!!!

That bonus doesn't balance right. It's too much an advantage later in the game and too little early on. These one gold tiles is a much better representation of the real world. Then, as the city grows, more tiles can be used and more gold acquired.

25% of nothing is a whole lot more of nothing!!!

That bonus doesn't balance right. It's too much an advantage later in the game and too little early on. These one gold tiles is a much better representation of the real world. Then, as the city grows, more tiles can be used and more gold acquired.

Ehh early trade routes are not nothing. Even the basic early ones can get 3 ~ 4 GPT, more if you get some nice placements and neighbors.

Then there is the religion. With both gold on river/ocean and religion back in G&K, the game was just bit too face-roll-esque. Nothing really "wrong" with how that worked since everyone equally benefited from all those surpluses but the world felt bit too... plentiful.

My only beef regarding this topic and CiV (from vanilla to BNW) is that building a city on river tile had very little effect. Watermill is pretty pricey and hydrodam came too late. I kinda miss the pseudo road connection that rivers provided back in cIV and how irrigation worked in... gah how did it work in cIV? Am I recalling a ciiv mechanic here where you had to have a fresh water source to make a farm?

Top Bottom