Well, this is a clusterfrak. (Images inside)

You're boned.

Your only hope is if two or more of them DOW each other and not you for some reason.

You're boned.

Your only hope is if two or more of them DOW each other and not you for some reason.

Chances are they covet each other's lands as well, so this is a distinct possibility. Especially if you have the biggest individual military.

Thats the first thing I thought of when I clicked that...all those desert hills...

I've seen better Petra cities - all desert hills and nothing else won't help with Petra unless you're the Inca and can stick terrace farms all over them. And you're short of sheep, oases or juicy stuff like luxes or Barringer Crater. What you do have is a very strong early production city (assuming you can feed it) which at least gives you a strong chance of getting Petra.

I've seen better Petra cities - all desert hills and nothing else won't help with Petra unless you're the Inca and can stick terrace farms all over them. And you're short of sheep, oases or juicy stuff like luxes or Barringer Crater. What you do have is a very strong early production city (assuming you can feed it) which at least gives you a strong chance of getting Petra.

theres some desert hill tiles next to a river to farm up, plus the wheat

You're in a really strong position if you pull it off right. The others have good UUs but Immortals are better. Get Honor for a GG, beeline bronze working, pop a bunch of Immortals (buy some if you have to) and go kill. If you heal rather than promote, you should be able to take at least 1 city with 4-5 Immortals.

That's a good answer but for some, that means getting them out of their comfort zone; they would rather re-roll instead looking for opportunities for varied play.

I'm stuck in a similar position. I'm on one continent with Spain, Russia, Celts, Byzantine, and England.

Polynesia and China are off on another Continent while Songhai may be connected to us but seems to have some separation.

I'm rolled right in the middle of England and the Celts, so they DOW'd me. Spain I just can't trust given prior games with so I had a friendship with Byzantine but they wouldn't help me because I foolishly refused to DOW on Spain.

I repelled the initial English and Celt attack. Being desperate to make allies I accepted a proposal from China and Spain to DOW on Polynesia. I figured they were remote enough that I'd have nothing to fear. This proved to be idiotic as I forgot I had DOF'd them 10 turns earlier.

Loved that China and Spain (the ones who proposed the war) were the first to denounce me. Well played AI, well played!

So now the Celts have just cause to war against me and I have no help available as I'm the scourge of the world having DOW'd a friend and likely a warmonger as I'm in my 2nd war.

I really screwed it on the diplomacy front. In retrospect I should have allied with the most aggressive Civs rather than trying to ally with the turtles.

If I can hold off the latest attack, I'll see if I can repair relations over the next couple of centuries (only good news is we're really early in the game, well that and I'm playing on prince) or if its too late and a warmongering I go.

If this ever happened to me on Deity, I'd just bend over. Did not expect.

Not sure what I would do, probably reroll unless you tell me that this is on prince difficulty or something, in which case, I'd go for a domination victory, probably one of the fastest if the other AIs are nearby.

I'm playing on prince atm, so it may not be a challenge at all for you, but for me it suffices. If you want i can still post it.

On Prince this isn't bad at all; I'll overload tiny maps with tons of AIs from time to time just so I can play games like this. :D

You've got room to expand peacefully to the southwest, and/or it looks like there's going to be room on that peninsula (isthmus?) to your north. The key in a clustered start like this is to forget about ancient wonders, and make sure that you grab archery as one of your first techs. First build should be a second warrior, and just forget about building a scout at all until you hit navigation & can think about searching for the other continent(s). You'll also want to get walls into your cities pretty quickly.

So long as you can maintain a strong enough army in the early game & grab your second (preferably third) city before the AI starts thinking about expansion, you can still control the game & avoid any major wars early (unless you want to fight one). Prince is a lot more forgiving than the tougher difficulties that most of the posters here play on. ;)

Id vote for honor/immprtal rush, and i would probably take oda (just because he will ics, and you can beat him to the draw before his UU shows up (on prince? No problem)- subject to change based on your scouts.

They are all capital cities, so if you do roll them as you should, your lead will be cemented.

Definitely take out Hiawatha first, he will quickly go runaway and come knocking. Then turn on Dido. A combo of CB's and Imm's should be more than taking them out on Prince.

Spoiler :

Try these settings:

Small Pangaea
20 civs (you & 19 AIs)
4 city states
Quick

I played it on Prince (from that experience you can actually get 6 city states in I think), but even on that difficulty it's a challenge & definitely an interesting change of pace from a normal game. ;)

2 problems, I don't know what version I'm running. I cracked it so I don't have to deal with steams BS. And I'm using 2 mods. Extended Eras and PerfectWorld3 script.

I'm playing on prince atm, so it may not be a challenge at all for you, but for me it suffices. If you want I can still post it.

There is always the Civ V Campaign Edition from the iTunes app store if you have a Mac. That is the only legal version of Civ V without Steam.

On Prince difficulty, this isn't bad. Just Beeline for BW and build a large army. Get Comp Bows and you're set. I'm a terrible rusher and would be tempted to get the Statue of Zeus, but, here, I'd just rush.

My thought was India, but I don't disagree with the people who say the Iroquois. Carthage is a tough nut to crack, but easy to defend against.

Top Bottom