Anno Domini Gods and Kings

Axemen seem underpowered to obsolete warriors as they actually lose a strength point, critical in the early game vs barbarians (who use warriors), imo they should either not obsolete the warriors, or keep the same 8 strength
I wondered about this too, but I found that their woodsman promotion was very handy indeed, making them more worthwhile in the long run.

Have this too, altho I play DX10/11.

Seems to go away when I re-load the savegame though.
Count me in. Same DX and my capital's gfx vanished 3/4 of the way into the game. Nothing I did brought it back though.

Loaded up a game on your eastern med map by the way. It rocks! Very enjoyable, you've done a great job in pretty much every respect. It perfectly fits the Anno Domini mod.

The vanishing cities has (I think!) been fixed in soon-to-be-released version 3, but hopefully it will be confirmed once people play it.

The warrior was actually meant to be strength 6 so that the woodsman was a good upgrade - but somewhere along the line, this stat was deleted. It's back in with version 3 ;).

I have a problem, that I can't tell if it's with AD or the Mappack. I'm playing on the Steam version for Mac. I have ALL DLC that's available. Yet, every time I try to load a game on the mappack, it tells me there is a problem loading textures [CivSymbolWhite32_DLC_D.dds]. I can still play the map, but every turn I got over a dozen popups telling me the same thing.

I have a problem, that I can't tell if it's with AD or the Mappack. I'm playing on the Steam version for Mac. I have ALL DLC that's available. Yet, every time I try to load a game on the mappack, it tells me there is a problem loading textures [CivSymbolWhite32_DLC_D.dds]. I can still play the map, but every turn I got over a dozen popups telling me the same thing.

Sorry to hear about that issue; I've not made any of the maps myself and am not sure what that's about. I've not played the game on a Mac either. Can anyone else help?

Version two: March 5th 2013

Download at Atomic Gamer

Subscribe on Steam

Don't forget to delete any old versions of Anno Domini you may have

Map pack by Leni Riefenstahl

New stuff
  • Three new civs join Anno Domini - Aksum, Corinth and the Jutes
  • Tactics is a new tech; it allows the heavy spearman, making a three-tier spearman line
  • Unit strength values slightly adjusted; the early spearman becomes a Mycanae-era one; the middle spearman is prevalent around the time of the Greek hoplites and the final spearman is an early centuries AD-era spearman
  • The longboat is added to the unit list, to give a melee ship with Navigation
  • Envoys, diplomats and ambassadors improve city-state relationships
  • A slight tinkering with the Anno Domini-era tech tree, mainly to make the late units appear at the right time
  • The vintner, with viticulture, gives a small culture, gold and happiness boost to those cities with a local source of wine

Corrections
  • Correction to the toolbar issue raised by PawelS and fixed by Tomatekh
  • Updated Garamantes icons and map by Tomatekh
  • Corrected era artwork
  • Corrected era titles
  • All city lists now in correct format

If anyone would like to use any of the graphics I've made for Anno Domini, they don't need to ask. In fact, I'd be flattered to see any of my work in anyone else's mod!

Where is the map package folder supposed to be copied? in the Civ5/mods folder or inside Anno Domini?

Hannibal Barka, the maps have to be copied into your mods folder as seperate mods, then you select the map packs and Anno Domini to play them.

Gracias. I am really looking forward to try this mod, I bought the different DLC last night (an upgrade from my civ 5 G&K for 10€) specifically for that :D
I hope I'll enjoy Civ 5 now (cause honestly I rarely play very long, and end getting back to Civ4 mods ;) )
thanks again for the great work and prompt reply.

Can you upload it as a .rar again? It doesn't show now like it was with the steam-download. :(

So I subscribed to this and the Map Pack, but, so far, have been unable to play it yet. I tried loading it, but whenever I try to load the mods, the game crashes out. I'm not sure if the issue is with the mod otr my computer. I have recently upgraded my computer to 10/11 and DX 9 and get the same results. I did just recently update my video drivers but have not had a chance to check it out yet.

In the meantime, I was going to adapt my map "Orbis" to the mod, but as I am ubnable to right now, if anybody would like to do it, that is fine. My map is available in the CFC downloads as well as Steam Workshop. I am not at my computer right now, so I can't add the link to it. I will try to update later when I get a chance (maybe today or tomorrow).

Just a note on the Orbis map... it is a map of Europe and the Med designed to replicate the "known" world of antiquity. Some liberties have been taken adding some lands in the outer area. I think it would be a great map for this mod.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

So I subscribed to this and the Map Pack, but, so far, have been unable to play it yet. I tried loading it, but whenever I try to load the mods, the game crashes out. I'm not sure if the issue is with the mod otr my computer. I have recently upgraded my computer to 10/11 and DX 9 and get the same results. I did just recently update my video drivers but have not had a chance to check it out yet.

In the meantime, I was going to adapt my map "Orbis" to the mod, but as I am ubnable to right now, if anybody would like to do it, that is fine. My map is available in the CFC downloads as well as Steam Workshop. I am not at my computer right now, so I can't add the link to it. I will try to update later when I get a chance (maybe today or tomorrow).

Just a note on the Orbis map... it is a map of Europe and the Med designed to replicate the "known" world of antiquity. Some liberties have been taken adding some lands in the outer area. I think it would be a great map for this mod.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know what's happening with your download; but might suggest it's your set-up. Anno Domini was made as a standalone mod, so I can't predict what effects the maps or any other mods might have on it. Sorry! Try running it on it's own and see what happens.

Can you upload it as a .rar again? It doesn't show now like it was with the steam-download. :(

First off - welcome to Civfanatics! If you download the existing file from Atomic Gamer into your MODS folder, it will extract; however, I am in the process of uploading a .RAR format file to Atomic Gamer at the moment and will put the link in the second post when I have it. This may take 10-15 minutes to complete.

First off - welcome to Civfanatics! If you download the existing file from Atomic Gamer into your MODS folder, it will extract; however, I am in the process of uploading a .RAR format file to Atomic Gamer at the moment and will put the link in the second post when I have it. This may take 10-15 minutes to complete.

Thank you very much! Downloading the .civ5mod-file in the mod-folder just made in appearing briefly in the mod-menu for extracting and then vanishing again when it was almost ready. Like what happened in steam before. However, just extracting it from the .rar worked in v2, so it will hopefully work again. I am eager to start a new game. :)

Sorry to hear about that issue; I've not made any of the maps myself and am not sure what that's about. I've not played the game on a Mac either. Can anyone else help?

Just an update on the problem. It definitely was something with the AD mod. I tried playing the mappack with AD turned off, and vice-versa. Without AD, the mappack plays fine as a map but lacks any of the AD civs.

However, AD v. 2, even on its own with NO other mods running at all, still freaked out and gave me the texture error. I haven't downloaded / tried v. 3 yet, so maybe this won't matter anymore, but figured I'd throw out there that this is still a problem, at least for me. Has anyone successfully played AD G&K on a Mac?

Played last night. looooooooooooooove it.
There are still some "graphic" things missing, i remember two of them:
1. i played Sumer and the vulture "icon" or whatever its called does not show up in the grid graphic setting, is that normal?
2. there is also a missing graphic files for a city state, can't rememebr its name, but i know its a religious one.
it's not a big deal, but i was wondering if that is "normal" or if i messed up my installation? or if I am lacking a DLC, though I bought the whole Civ 5 gold edition

Glad you're enjoying the game. I have to admit, there'll be missing stuff in the strategic view; to be honest, I wasn't aware people actually used that. I don't understand the missing city-state graphics - unless you're using a map pack?

@PorkDeluxe: sorry to hear you're having problems with the Mac and am sorry I'm unable to assist.

Just downloaded Gods and Kings v. 3. The mod won't run any longer -- it's saying I have "missing dependencies" and won't let me check the box. I thought I had all required DLC. I can't find any additional DLC that's available. Any clue what might be happening?

I have made V3 require all the dependancies to stop people (particularly on Steam) stating "this mod's full of bugs as there's missing textures" when they didn't have all the DLC/Gods and Kings.

To clarify which DLC is required, here goes:
Gods & Kings expansion
Babylon
Mongolia
Spain & Inca
Polynesia
Denmark
Korea
Wonders of the Ancient World

If you've got all of those, then I don't know why it won't let you play!

We need to collectively crack that Science Victory condition.

All the stuff that's coming up now is merely the inevitable cosmetic stuff that comes up when modding. But the currently absent Victory Progress screen and science victory option would be really great for players to have.

Here are two ideas:

- The old Silk Road Victory from Civ III Anno Domini was great. If buildings can be enabled from having certain resources in the trade network (Factory with Coal etc), isn't it possible to have a range of Silk Road Caravanserai buildings linked to the various luxuries that, when all built, triggers a science victory? In the 1066 Norman Conquest scenario they have something like this. Six buildings (forget the name now) are required for victory, though they are somehow linked to possession of London (a specific tile, which wouldn't work on random maps).

- Perhaps the Science Victory trigger needs to be from actual units, as in the vanilla spaceship parts. In which case, why not have "Caravan" units instead of those spaceship parts. They can be buildable after certain techs, say with Economics, Guilds, Nobility, Craftsmanship, Urbanism, Medicine, Entertainment and Aesthetics. They can even have luxury resource requirements - I hope to dear god it doesn't have to be strategic resources for units only.

Maybe those already to terms with modding CiV can see if they'd work, or suggest how they might, if the ideas are liked that is. The answer is in there somewhere.

I'm looking forward to Brave New World coming out - Anno Domini will be updated to fit it. With the updates to trade amongst other things, I feel that a good trade victory can be worked out.

In terms of applying what happened in Civ III to this version: "We're not in Kansas any more" - by which I mean that the modding side of things is a completely different animal in both games. In Civ III, you could have a building dependent of having the appropriate resource within the city limits or have it dependent of merely possessing the resource (e.g. due to a trade from another civ). The former is available in Civ V, but as far as I'm aware, the latter isn't. This was the way the trade victory was implemented in Civ III. The other issue is that in Civ III, all the resources (yes, all 32 of them including strategic, luxury and bonus) were in every game. I understand that in Civ V, the system selects a number of luxuries dependent on the size of the world and number of civs playing. I could be wrong about this. However, if I set the trade victory up how I set it up in Civ III, there could be a situation where it was impossible due to not having the relevent resources.

I have thought about doing it as units as per the spaceship victory. However, with BNW round the corner, it may be best to tackle it when we have the new trade system in place.

Top Bottom