Anno Domini Gods and Kings

Well i was just about to post that it was crashing every time i researched "Tactics" as Thebes, but this seems to have been figured out. Anyway, great work on the mod Rob, Anno Domini has been my favorite mod for Civ III and V.

Is it possible to download these maps from another source? Mac users can't access Steam Workshop. Thanks

Ok - I'll ask Leni for an alternative download source. The pack keeps being updated (and is someone else's work) so it would be better to keep them and the mod as seperate downloads.

Thanks for making this great mod. I've been waiting for this one since the ADII demo and its been a lot of fun.

Thanks! Thought I recognised your user name from Civ III ;).

I really like this mod; never played prior versions. Noticed a minor typo in the initial description of Diviciacus: sworsmen instead of swordsmen.

Judaism, Hellenic, Druidism, Canaanism, Forn, and Zoroastrianism?

assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\Religions\CIV5Beliefs.xml is the whole list.

assets\DLC\Expansion\Scenarios\MedievalScenario\TurnsRemaining.lua has Christianity, but although Jerusalem is a city in the scenario there is no Judaism setup.

Now that this is out :goodjob:, I'm finally moving in earnest on my civ5 version of Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (RFRE).

Judaism, Hellenic, Druidism, Canaanism, Forn, and Zoroastrianism?

They're in there purely to add flavour.

Now that this is out :goodjob:, I'm finally moving in earnest on my civ5 version of Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (RFRE).

Good. Don't forget they've announced Brave New World, so that'll have even more modding possibilities you might want to include in RFRE.

I'll be working on the updates to Anno Domini this weekend. Once there's a version I'm happy with, that'll be it for the G&K version and I'll start working towards a BNW version.

They're in there purely to add flavour.

Good. Don't forget they've announced Brave New World, so that'll have even more modding possibilities you might want to include in RFRE.

I'll be working on the updates to Anno Domini this weekend. Once there's a version I'm happy with, that'll be it for the G&K version and I'll start working towards a BNW version.

The Parthenon and the trade enhancements (finally!) would fit nice. It was the North African + Egyptian grain that allowed Roma to grow so large, and the hefty profits from there that sustained the Empire for so long. Without knowing much about it it's hard to say how significant of a feature that is.

For the beliefs, yes it's flavor, but flavor and history are the 2 main components of RFRE. "The Fall of Rome" scenario is pretty neat, but significant aspects like the central importance of holding North Africa are not there. The only chance the WRE had was to hold onto it. Once the Vandals took it, and the recapture attempts failed, it was the effective end of the WRE. It also ignores the on-again/off-again alliances with the barbarians. The Huns were a mighty enemy, but it was alliances with Huns that kept the Goths in check. It was alliances with various barbarians that finally stopped Attila's invasion of Gaul. So comparing the "Fall of Rome" scenario with the RFRE 400AD scenario we can see the difference flavor can make.

Someone came up with all those beliefs and there should be some sensible alignment with the actual religions. Cathedrals with Christianity. Stone Circles with Druidism (and Canaanism?). Messenger of the gods with Judaism? The game popups won't allow multiple pantheons to have the same beliefs, but founding in RFRE all has to be scripted, so it might be able to have that. Will have to try it and see what happens.

Can I just ask about those Victory Conditions again please?

Either something is going weird at my end, or there aren't any equivalents to the Diplomatic and Science Victories, which is a shame. It turns the late game into a bit of a bore.

I couldn't find anything to trigger elections, or anything like the old Silk Road (space race) Victory from the previous version of AD.

Can someone please clarify?

Can I just ask about those Victory Conditions again please?

Either something is going weird at my end, or there aren't any equivalents to the Diplomatic and Science Victories, which is a shame. It turns the late game into a bit of a bore.

I couldn't find anything to trigger elections, or anything like the old Silk Road (space race) Victory from the previous version of AD.

Can someone please clarify?

There isn't a scientific victory at the moment, but there is the diplomatic one. Building the Basilica of St Peter is the same as building the United Nations in the "epic game". The silk road victory in the CivIII version came around when I'd worked out how to do it in Civ III - I've not really worked out how to do that well enough in Civ V yet, but will be looking at different victory conditions for the Brave New World version.

@primordial stew: Totally agree with you. If it were the Civ III version, there'd have been different buildings to reflect the religion and culture. Again, in the BNW version, I'll work on that. The Gods and Kings version was done because I did want the title to get out there and be in the minds of Civ V players, but I knew Firaxis would bring out a second expansion and from there, the "proper" version of Anno Domini would come out - so watch this space!!

@everyone: With BNW coming soon and Anno Domini: Gods and Kings being rounded off, with me working towards a BNW version, should I ask Thunderfall for a seperate Anno Domini forum? Not sure it's popular enough yet for that, as we're only on page four of this thread and the mod's been out a couple of weeks. That said, it's popular on steam with over 6,000 subscribers....could be a way of getting some of those guys to join in the chat over here?

It seems there is a problem with the MinorCivLeaders table. Some city states have wrong leader names and icons, and sometimes leader icons that don't exist are referenced (I'm using the Map Pack that adds some new CS, but the problems happens with CS that exist in the base mod).

I think it's better to add new columns (with leader icon and leader name) to the existing MinorCivilizations table, instead of creating a new table, then they can be referenced easily using the Minor Civ's ID.

It seems there is a problem with the MinorCivLeaders table. Some city states have wrong leader names and icons, and sometimes leader icons that don't exist are referenced (I'm using the Map Pack that adds some new CS, but the problems happens with CS that exist in the base mod).

I think it's better to add new columns (with leader icon and leader name) to the existing MinorCivilizations table, instead of creating a new table, then they can be referenced easily using the Minor Civ's ID.

It works perfectly except if you have the map pack, though this is something I could take into account when I set up the new version ;).

There isn't a scientific victory at the moment, but there is the diplomatic one. Building the Basilica of St Peter is the same as building the United Nations in the "epic game". The silk road victory in the CivIII version came around when I'd worked out how to do it in Civ III - I've not really worked out how to do that well enough in Civ V yet, but will be looking at different victory conditions for the Brave New World version.
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up Rob. Much appreciated. I look forward to snatching a Diplomatic (Papal?) Victory from underneath the nose of the run away Sarmatians. Just what the Corinthians were designed to do it seems and their mechanic for that works wonderfully.

If you're tinkering around with the G&K version, I'd recommend some explanation and clarification in the Pedia, under the Victories page, about this victory option and indeed victories in general. I was searching there for answers and still came away a little confused. As I mentioned previously (along with some other notes for your tinkering), there's still talk of Alpha Centaurii in the Pedia. And it's not possible to load up the Victory Progress screen of course, so the Pedia is where I'm guessing players will look for guidance.

@everyone: With BNW coming soon and Anno Domini: Gods and Kings being rounded off, with me working towards a BNW version, should I ask Thunderfall for a seperate Anno Domini forum? Not sure it's popular enough yet for that, as we're only on page four of this thread and the mod's been out a couple of weeks. That said, it's popular on steam with over 6,000 subscribers....could be a way of getting some of those guys to join in the chat over here?
That'd be a good idea. I had a quick whirl with Big Boppper's AD map (had a bit of a buggy experience) and others will no doubt want to discuss spin off mods and other related issues. It is perhaps early days yet, but I'm sure an AD forum is inevitable. I'll keep dropping hints over at Steam to rate and also recommend folk come to CFC.

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up Rob. Much appreciated. I look forward to snatching a Diplomatic (Papal?) Victory from underneath the nose of the run away Sarmatians. Just what the Corinthians were designed to do it seems and their mechanic for that works wonderfully.

If you're tinkering around with the G&K version, I'd recommend some explanation and clarification in the Pedia, under the Victories page, about this victory option and indeed victories in general. I was searching there for answers and still came away a little confused. As I mentioned previously (along with some other notes for your tinkering), there's still talk of Alpha Centaurii in the Pedia. And it's not possible to load up the Victory Progress screen of course, so the Pedia is where I'm guessing players will look for guidance.

That'd be a good idea. I had a quick whirl with Big Boppper's AD map (had a bit of a buggy experience) and others will no doubt want to discuss spin off mods and other related issues. It is perhaps early days yet, but I'm sure an AD forum is inevitable. I'll keep dropping hints over at Steam to rate and also recommend folk come to CFC.

Thanks for the comments; I'll see what I can tinker around with in the 'pedia section!

Whilst you're recommending people rate and come to CFC, don't forget to ask people to "like" or "tweet" about Anno Domini over at the website ;) :mischief:!

No problem. I think I'm capable of a triple plug. :D

By the way, I forgot to mention:
Ram said:
- Both Cartography and Astronomy allow embarked units to cross oceans. One tech follows the other.
- The Chariot Archer has a swords. So, when you attack, they swipe their swords around for quite a while, together with the archer's sound. It looks weird and takes longer than normal.
I also had a quick experimental whirl with the Nubians. Their UU is very good fun and most useful. However, I found that their flavoured version of the Chariot Archer suffered from the same animation problem as I reported previously from my Corinthians game (quote directly above). It seems something funky is going on with many of the flavoured Chariot Archers' animations. Having not yet looked under the CiV modding hood in depth I can't offer a solution for you yet, but I'm sure you'll be able to sort it.

Top Bottom