Building Political Points

radmod

Chieftain
I need confirmation of something that the pedia isn't clear about (wow, a Civopedia that's not clear! amazing!).

The backstory is that, as in all my Civ games, I get to a point where certain cities don't really need to build something. So I thought about building political points, but I was concerned that would dramatically increase the REF. However, I remember reading an explanation about how LBs affect the REF. That got me wondering if PPs do the same but I wasn't sure. Well, I did a test game where I built a single city and had it build PPs. Even after 200 years/turns, the REF never increased. Is that correct? I also found that the press and newspaper don't effect their total (since they aren't LBs).

My idea was that instead of using guys in my first city to build LBs, I was going to build a political city (Washington, D.C.) which, since you get 3PPs per hammer, would build much more PPs than leaving them in a city. Then, of course, later I would super build LBs to declare independence.

Correct .

Playing on the Conquistador level, I was curious as to why it seemed to be taking so long to get Minuit. So I looked at an old game where I got him earlier and played around to discover that on Conq/Vanilla you apparently get 5 PPs per LB!:mad: IT! I want Minuit and I want him quick!

Top Bottom