Your favorite Religious Building?

manu-fan

Emperor
Hi,

Hands down for me it's the Pagoda. I always take the ability to buy that now.

+2 Faith, +2 Culture, and +2 Happiness.

What's not to love?

How about you?

Cheers.

Pagoda :/ Always frustrates me when someone gets it a turn before me

Pagoda :/ Always frustrates me when someone gets it a turn before me

Is that where Pagoda's went?

My first post-patch game and I couldn't build them, I wondered if they'd been taken out of the game.

Didn't know only one religion could get them.

Each belief can only be taken by one civ, so it is a race of sorts for your preferred beliefs. Before making your selections, you can see what religions have taken what beliefs by checking the "beliefs" tab under the religion overview.

If I'm playing Culture, then Cathedrals and Monasteries. Otherwise, I don't like to take the building beliefs because I'd rather spend the Faith on Missionaries and Great People to spread my religion for more Gold and/or Science.

I like Cathredals and someone should make this a poll have'nt seen a poll for a while.

The +2 happiness is the real kicker for me. I always play wide, ICS like, and have tons of cities, so I'm always bordering on unhappy.

Cheers.

I'm actually curious, aside from the obvious culture score difference, how people here consider pagodas against the +2 happiness from temples belief. If you have both buildings, than you are getting an additional 2 faith a turn in each city. But then again, you would have to be spending faith to get that bonus, which might be counterproductive.
I guess the major factor is the two extra culture.

But to weigh in on the thread, I too prefer pagodas.

My favorite building is the Pagoda but I also try to get the Mosque if possible. A city with both of them gives you +3 happiness, +4 culture, and +5 faith - all for free (no maintenance). I like the snowball effect. The more of these buildings that you "buy", the more faith you earn, so you can get the next building more quickly.

Cathedrals, then Mosques. Cathedrals are amazing for cultural victories, and pagodas give the most bang for buck since they're flexible.

Also, no wonder I know gives a free pagoda.

Burial tomb :)

I'm with you here.

If not burial tomb, then just the temple and UU counterparts in general.

They don't cost faith you likely need to spend on missionaries, they can give +2 happiness, +1 food, or +2 culture from religion, and they can give +1 faith from policies.

That's a really good religious building!

I'm with you here.

If not burial tomb, then just the temple and UU counterparts in general.

They don't cost faith you likely need to spend on missionaries, they can give +2 happiness, +1 food, or +2 culture from religion, and they can give +1 faith from policies.

That's a really good religious building!

Burial tomb is fantastic, the number of bonuses you can stack on a free building is insane :).

Top Bottom