RSG03 (Deity) - Random Attempt at Redemption

War is coming one way or another. We need to prepare. Some strategic roads (yes, I know they will hurt our economy) so we can move units more quickly between cities. Some more ranged units would be good. Since we don't have any iron, some spears or pikes would also be good.

Roster:

Olodune
Stormtrooper <= just played
Consentient <= up
Bugs <= on deck
Beorn

Nothing to add to this discussion but :yup:.

Yup, good time to start the settler in Sur-Sinaï in my book. The question becomes where do we want it exactly ; I'm good with any spot where we can grab Marble, FPW, and Sinaï. Bonus for hill and 1 incense.

Btw I'll have a hectic couple of days but should manage 24/48 on my turn.

My turns:

- Diverted workers to chop and improve production, and work on the road to capital. Economy is woeful and we need all the hammers and gold we can get. If you want something in the early game, then you want it ASAP, and forest hammers won’t make so much difference to build times if you use them for midgame buildings and units.

- Completed Sidon's barb quest and sent a Missionary their way for an alliance (won't arrive until the next person's turn)

- Denounced England for bright green modifiers with Ash and Shaka. They have no friends and are hated by the two people we ought to be worried about. One or both should now offer a decent working relationship. England are too far away to matter, and will likely have forgotten our Denouncement by the time we need their OB after T180 if CV is still on the cards.

- Brought all units to the border with Ash in case he DOES attack. I don't think it would be a very successful defence, but it's better than nothing. Ash will be looking for units on our borders and if he doesn't see them, he will attack, end of. No one has reported aggression from Pachacuti so I think there is no better place for our army to be.

We have nothing to bribe with, though :(

I think one of the problems of a succession game is that the start is very disjointed. We've not really sorted out our economy at all. We'd have been lucky to live to turn T120 before I denounced Elizabeth, that's all I can say.

We might have a fighting chance now, but we MUST keep a strong (3rd/7) military AND/OR have a strong economy to pay bribes. Preferable we have a strong military and use the money for CS alliances rather than bribes.

Perfect would be for Ash to turn on the Zulu and one of them wipe the other out.

Olodune
Stormtrooper
Consentient <= just played
Bugs <= up
Beorn <= on deck

Preflight: Turn 100 &#8211; 375 BC &#8211; Call me a pessimist, but something tells me that Ashy isn&#8217;t sending his armed forces on a Sunday stroll.

We have two comp bows dialed up and one market. I like that selection. I move a few units toward Paris Sur Sinai and the future battlefield. City management is looking good. I wish we had more citizens. I call Ashy on the videophone to see how he&#8217;s doing. He&#8217;s friendly, but he had his hand behind his back. I think it held a dagger.

IBT &#8211; Well Ramesses wants a deal:

That one would help some cash flow.

Then this comes up:

I normally wouldn&#8217;t do this, but I&#8217;m thinking Ash wants to go after the Incas. I am going to stop there and get the team&#8217;s input. I think this one decision could make or break the game.
Pros: Ash moves through our lands and attacks the Incas. We can control the flow of units so that Pachuti doesn&#8217;t face too many units.

Cons: Ash has units on both sides of our boarders and we have to fight a two front war.

I will wait 24 hours for input.

This might just be the case. See if he will accept a bribe to go after the Incas anyway.

Either we give OB or he goes through. I'm for it.

If he wanted to go after the Incas, my feeling is that he would have asked you about that too.

However, I don't think this decision really affects the game. If Ash attacks us at his current strength, we are dead. If he's reduced, then we can repel him, but he'll be back again and again. We need his friendship or his demise.

I reckon that the best move is to sell the OB for a DoW on Shaka or 2GPT. We don't need his OB.

I'd rather have him going East than West. If we could have a nice little coalition between Pacha and Ash and ourselves, that would be great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

currently, he doesn't want to even consider attack the Zulus and he ALWAYS snowballs in the late game

Letting him assault the Incas through our territory is only worth doing if we can profit from it. So 2 GPT and then take an invitation from someone else to mop up his remaining troops COULD be an option, but he might also be really successful in his war. If he won't go at Shaka, maybe Shaka will go at him?

OK, the team has spoken, let&#8217;s see if I can make a deal.
He won&#8217;t declare war on any of the usual suspects, so I sell him open borders for 1 gpt.
Only two Assyrians move into our lands. We have most of the routes blocked.

Turn 101 &#8211; 350 BC &#8211; Our cash flow jumps to 20 gpt. An incense for copper deal ended with Ashy.
The Doge has an ungodly amount of cash flow. We sell him an incense for 7gpt & 8g.

I decide to play around with Ashy and open a single path eastward to the far south.
Cash flow is now at +27.
We convert Sidon to Catholicism. I wish we had picked a cooler name for our religion. Catholicism seems so conventional.

I think Ramses just built a city to our south. I look back at consentient&#8217;s screenshot and sure enough. Alexandria didn&#8217;t exist on turn 100.

IBT &#8211; Ashy wants to renew the incense/copper deal. He won&#8217;t give us 7gpt so I go for it.
I guess I had some holes in the unit wall an Assyrian siege tower moves west.

Turn 102 &#8211; 325 BC &#8211; Grenoble: Comp bow => comp bow.

IBT &#8211; Assyrians are using our roads and moving westward. Shaka wants to swap OBs, but I back out of it nicely.

Turn 103 &#8211; 300 BC &#8211; Golden age ends. Cash flow only drops to 25 gpt.

IBT &#8211; Now Assyrians are just running amuck.
Sidon gives us a companion cavalry. We don&#8217;t have any horses so we go negative.

Rameses completes Machu Pichu.
Turn 104 275 BC &#8211; Paris sur Nil: market => mint

IBT &#8211; Pachacuti wants to be friends. We can always use a friend.

Turn 105 &#8211; 250 BC &#8211; Time for another social policy, so we complete tradition. We need to discuss where we are going next. If I haven&#8217;t got to the renaissance era, I&#8217;ll open patronage. If I have I go for rationalism. What says the team?

Paris sur Sinai: comp bow => ???

I got a late start since I watched the World Cup so this will be my last turn tonight. Should we go for a settler and grab a spot on the coast?

Top Bottom