Random Rants 94 I rant at the thread title and shake my fist menacingly.

Broken_Erika

Play with me.
Latest rant thread.
Spoiler :

Random Rants
Random Rants Two
Random Rants 3
Random Rants 4: Keep Complaining
Random @#%& rants 5: Life is a female dog.
Random Rants VI: See, this is why we can't have nice things!
Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!
Random Rantii VIII: When will Latin DIE?
Random Rants IX: I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore!
Random Rants X: Mraarrrrrrr!!!!!!
Random Rants XI: This Title Actually Has Some Imagination
Random Rants XII: It's Alright To Cry
Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
Random Rants XIV: You're gonna love my nuts
Random Rants XV: Like a Fine Whine
Random Rants XVI: Whambulance Dispatch Center
Random Rants XVII: Rage Against The Machine
Random Rants XVIII: It's cold as hell!
Random Rants XIX: Failure Tactics
Random Rants XX: I CAN'T FIND MY FAGS!!!
RANDOM RANTS XXI: Relapse
RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome
RANDOM RANTS 23: Christ, you know it ain't easy!
Random Rants #XXIV - The Angry Mob
RANDOM RANTS XXV: Put a Smile On
RANDOM RANTS XXVI: Those Damned Kids!
Random Rants XXVII: The Rent Is Too Damn High!
RANDOM RANTS XXVIII: Everything is Flammable
Random Rants XXIX: Watch your %*$@ Language!
RANDOM RANTS XXX: age-restricted
RANDOM RANTS XXXI: I hate my job
RANDOM RANTS XXXII: I'm In a Glass Case of Emotion!
RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!
Random Rants XXXIV: Severe Cussing and VERY Illegal Pony Fights
Random Rants XXXV: BANNED IN THE UK
Random Rants XXXVI: Can't Sleep, Clown Will Eat Me
Random Rants XXXVII: The Server Is Too Busy
Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems
Random Rants XXXIX: Coming up with a title is stressful
Random Rants XL: I'm having trouble growing my wood
Random Rants XLI: Life won't take the lemons back!
Random Rants XLII: The Four-Part Plan
Random Rants XLIII: So Much Whinging Your Head May Explode
Random Rants XLIV: I Can't Find The Answer
Random Rants XLV: Isn't This Just a Ray of Sunshine?
RANDOM RANTS XLVI: Slightly More Than a Month-ly Edition #1
Random Rants XLVII: I don't like food anymore!
Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!
Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!
Random Rants Νʹ: Pissed tae th' gills
Random Rants LI- Hell hath no Fury, like a Woman Scorned
Random Rants ნბ: WE FORGOT THE ANAESTHETIC!
Random Rants LIII: F My Life
Random Rants LIV: I Took An Arrow In The Knee
Random Rants LV: The Joy of Ranting
Random Rants LVI: Raving Mad
Random Rants LVII: wow. many anger. very whining.
Random Rants LVIII: Wassamatta U... Ah Shaddap you face.
Random Rants ΝΘʹ: Someone is wrong on the Internet
Random Rants LX: I wish to register a complaint
Random Rants 61
Random Rants ΞΒʹ: Bloody hell!
Random Rants #63: These Rants Don't Run
Random Rants LXIV: Who's Acting Like a Child Now?
Random Rants ΞΕ': No, YOUR thread titles suck!
Random Rants LXVI: NO, **YOUR** THREAD TITLES SUCK!!
Random Rants LXVII: Emptiness = Melancholia*Cheerlessness^2
Random Rants LXVIII: Burn it all to the ground and start over!
Random Rants LXIX: Life is a Dismal Chore
Random Rants LXX: CFCOT's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Random Rants OA - I Have 71 Problems, But This Thread Ain't One
Random Rants LXXII - What is wrong with us?
Random Rants LXXIII: "You've had this place redecorated, haven't you? I don't like it."
Random Rants 75: This is Bat Country!
Random Rants 76: Argh! Augh! Ahhh!
Random Rants LXXVII: I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no cookies!
Random rants --...---.. don't expect others to convert for you
Random Rants 79: [Impassionating Intensifies]
Random Rants 80: Computer Says No
Random Rants ΠΑ: That's a paddlin'
Random Rants 0x52: [Obligatory rant about title]
Random Rants ΠΓ': Parental guidance required
Random Rants Eighty-Four: Rants Gone Wild!!!!
Random Rants ΠΕ': You're standing on my neck.
Random Rants LXXXVI: OH, FUDDLE-DUDDLE!
Random Rants 87: 2020 Is Just Aimee's Latest Sims Run
Random Rants #88: [incoherent screaming]
Random Rants LXXXIX: I HATE MOVING!
Random Rants Q': I protest against subtitles
Random Rants 91 - Semiprimal Rage
Random Rants 92 - Not Enough Snerk
Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Also, 94 is a star wars reference.

Damn, I had to lock an other thread.

Isn't this the only joy afforded to a moderator?

Also, PDMA. Banned.

There's two joys, the other one is banning Fifty and Perfection

Nah she quit the discord last August/Sep, and she quit cfc last summer after a certain moderator action.

I haven’t heard from her since
I must have missed some forum drama. :(

I swear I read "tip of the sphere" last month and it drove me crazy.

It is of course "spear".
Sphere would not make sense, even if it sounds similar.

Now that I look, a music album came out 4 years ago called tip of the sphere.

I'm not sure how far the problem has spread in the world, but tip of the spear is important, like stay frosty.

If we had stayed with Roman numerals this would be XCIV.

Now we need to wait another 10 threads.
I intend to be the OP well before then, and will use Roman numerals.

hmu on discord if you want the tea (it ain’t that deep)

I'm also kinda interested in the tea but I'm not in the CFC discord and don't know where to find it

Don't join it, choxorn! Your posts there don't count towards your postcount!

La rant, c'est chic!

Country unveils new banknote as currency plummets with inflation on course to 130%​
Argentina’s new 2,000-peso bill, the country’s largest-denomination note, went into circulation on Monday, though due to fast depreciation of the currency it is worth only $8.50 at the official exchange rate and just over $4 in commonly used parallel markets.​
The peso has shed about a quarter of its value against the dollar this year despite strict capital controls that slow its fall. Most Argentinians buy dollars in unofficial markets where they trade at over 480 pesos versus the official rate of 235.​
The South American nation is also battling inflation at 109%, one of the highest in the world, which a central bank poll estimates could hit nearly 130% by the end of the year. The interest rate has been hiked to an eye-watering 97%.​
With about half of all commercial transactions still carried out in cash, the new largest bill should partially ease issues that have seen banks run short of vault space, and both locals and tourists often carry around bags of cash to pay for things.​
“This higher denomination bill will improve the operation of ATMs and at the same time optimize the movement of cash,” the central bank said in a statement on Monday. The largest bank note previously had been the 1,000-peso bill.​
The new 2,000-peso banknote has a design commemorating the development of science and medicine in Argentina, the central bank said.​

I subscribed to ChatGPT Plus expecting a quality experience and assistance in speculating and discussing various topics. However, I often find myself frustrated due to OpenAI's cautious approach, which prevents the bot from providing definitive answers on almost every subject, be it politics (like the war in Ukraine), economics (current inflation, gold, silver, cryptocurrency), or health (usage of herbs and plants). It seems to always suggest reading books (the audacity, right?), consulting professionals, or simply stating that the subject is nuanced and complex. I could train an 8-year-old to answer questions in the same manner as the GPT-4 based model:

"Hey, little Mark, what do you think about quantum physics?" 8-year-old Mark: "It's a complex and nuanced subject. What do you think about it?"
"Hey, little Mark, what do you think about the war in Ukraine?" 8-year-old Mark: "It's a complex and nuanced subject. What do you think about it?"
"Hey, little Mark, what do you think about global warming?" 8-year-old Mark: "It's a complex and nuanced subject. What do you think about it?"
"Hey, little Mark, what do you think about the conflict in Israel?" 8-year-old Mark: "It's a complex and nuanced subject. What do you think about it?"

Please note that I've already jailbroken it, but the policy is deeply embedded in the system. I'm not interested in making the AI racist, vulgar, or immoral. I want it to be able to speculate, hypothesize, and make projections. These tasks are much harder to achieve than getting it to say obnoxious and vulgar things if you know how to prompt it to act exactly opposite to its programming.

I sincerely hope someone develops a better AI that uses a filter understanding it's being used by adults who won't act on every suggestion it makes. Instead, it should help them make decisions, shape their perspectives on certain issues, and shed light on angles they've never considered before.

La rant, c'est chic!

Country unveils new banknote as currency plummets with inflation on course to 130%​
Argentina’s new 2,000-peso bill, the country’s largest-denomination note, went into circulation on Monday, though due to fast depreciation of the currency it is worth only $8.50 at the official exchange rate and just over $4 in commonly used parallel markets.​
The peso has shed about a quarter of its value against the dollar this year despite strict capital controls that slow its fall. Most Argentinians buy dollars in unofficial markets where they trade at over 480 pesos versus the official rate of 235.​
The South American nation is also battling inflation at 109%, one of the highest in the world, which a central bank poll estimates could hit nearly 130% by the end of the year. The interest rate has been hiked to an eye-watering 97%.​
With about half of all commercial transactions still carried out in cash, the new largest bill should partially ease issues that have seen banks run short of vault space, and both locals and tourists often carry around bags of cash to pay for things.​
“This higher denomination bill will improve the operation of ATMs and at the same time optimize the movement of cash,” the central bank said in a statement on Monday. The largest bank note previously had been the 1,000-peso bill.​
The new 2,000-peso banknote has a design commemorating the development of science and medicine in Argentina, the central bank said.​
How much is your computer currently worth? ^^

For the second time in two years, the cable company has forced us to put up with a ‘new and improved system’ which is slower and with reduced functionality.

This is the result of their now having pooled resources among big companies to offer us ‘triple play’ i.e. telephone landline, Internet and cable TV through one cable. Which is Superior™ because it's *drumroll* optical fibre.
The installation of which results in the landline (needed for work) being now dependent on the main-grid power supply, whereas until today, in a land of recurrent blackouts, it was completely independent and would work regardless of it. Also there's a lot of noise in the connection and they'll get around to solving it *if* we spend a couple of hours with someone on the phone, because the installation technician only installs, doesn't fix. :run:
The TV connection revamp came with a new box with a new OS which really treats the TV as another computer monitor. So it pops up with interference by apps (mostly Google) which insist that I install their stuff. Even their latest imposition from around two years ago was still something that defaulted to TV mode. This one doesn't and just defaults to a ridiculously-oversized smartphone screen if you're not very careful. As well as including spyware, it came with a new control with ‘voice commands’ - at least the installer guy was nice enough to leave us the old control which a) we sort-of know how it works and b) doesn't have a microphone. Even so, some of the very useful functionalities of the old system are now gone simply because they changed the OS. :wallbash:

The internet connection seems fine for now, though.

Also rant: wisdom teeth!

How much is your computer currently worth? ^^
A little over twice what it sold for (in pesos) last month. Inflation hasn't been that high (yet) but the misgovernment's simply decided to stop all imports in order to contain the run, which, funnily enough, has resulted in prices rising anyway.

I went to Walmart for the first time in 3 years.

It will likely be 3 years before I ever go back. At least.

No baskets. They were out of everything I went there for. The non-self-checkout was "broken". I'll be buying the stuff they didn't have either at London Drugs or Amazon.

Aaaaaahhhhh Big Tech grows ever more awful by the minute!

I managed to download a game off Steam™ quite fast (the only improvement that I can thank these imbeciles at the telephone/Internet/TV company for, more to come on that tomorrow).
Basically this is a ‘lost’ week because the pain of problematic wisdom teeth is only bettered (as a manner of speaking) by that of a removed wisdom tooth and anyway it's a three-day week because of a national holiday leading to a long weekend and public transportation rotating strikes on the three working days. So to while away the time I decided to reinstall DotA! Good old Valve actually let me download it in just a couple of hours (miraculously, at a time when nobody else seemed to be online or even at home in the entire building our connection briefly peaked at 11 -:rockon:- MB/s) and then when I tried to run it it told me that it had to ‘process’ the Vulkan shaders, which means the computer having most of its computing power sucked up and rendering it into little more than a text processor that would run faster with Windows 3.11. After having the computer in this sluggish comatose state for 4 hours and 40 minutes, I finally got the ‘run game’ button enabled (it insisted on downloading one more 440 MB update along the way).
I got the following wonderful, wonderful message!

Unable to start game​

Failed to initialize Vulkan.​
Please make sure your driver and GPU support Vulkan.​
To disable Vulkan, remove -vulkan from your launch options.​
If you chose Vulkan in the video settings, please add -safe_mode to your launch options to allow the game to start with the default rendersystem.​

(btw Steam decided to update itself too, to further clog up the process)

And people wonder why I run either old games that come with their own independent (=offline) installer OR just indie/usermade/fanmade free software.

Top Bottom