Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

Hmm... given the explosive popularity of Frozen, how about an Elsa leaderhead?

Spoiler :

Hmm... given the explosive popularity of Frozen, how about an Elsa leaderhead?

Spoiler :
Hm, if you have a 3d model of her somewhere I could have a look, but I do not have anything fitting at the moment. Also I haven't seen the movie so far (but plan to in the future).

I found one. The question is, though, is it usable in Blender?
Got it working in Blender, thanks. I have some other things to do first, but she is on my list now.

In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could suggest some animation sets that would fit her character best (again, don't know myself, since I haven't seen the movie yet). Also, which combination of two leaders behaviors would fit best for her CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml entry?

It's been awhile, but maybe Willem's?

It's been awhile, but maybe Willem's?
Hm, did not expect that choice, but I can try nonetheless. :)

Any suggestions for a combination of leader behaviours for her behaviour?

I have just a short question:

How can I scale Leaderheads? I have amended an existing LH but now he is too big for the LH Frame ingame.

I have tried to scale down the Scene Root but nothing happens. Any ideas are very welcome.

Regards

Schmiddie

I have just a short question:

How can I scale Leaderheads? I have amended an existing LH but now he is too big for the LH Frame ingame.

I have tried to scale down the Scene Root but nothing happens. Any ideas are very welcome.

Regards

Schmiddie
I would always use own-created dummy nodes for something like this. With the original nodes you always have the danger that the animation will reset your changes.

For leaderheads, a node inserted between the "_parent" node and the "_MASTER" node of the skeleton works quite well. For example, my Cockacoeske leaderhead has a node at that position (numbered 330) called "Reposition".

Actually, if you're still working on that Elsa LH, would it be possible to use Lincoln's animations instead, or am I too late?

Actually, if you're still working on that Elsa LH, would it be possible to use Lincoln's animations instead, or am I too late?
Well, the good news is that you are certainly not too late, so I can switch to the Lincoln animation with no problems. Bad news is that I haven't started with the leaderhead at all so far, not doing a lot Civ-vise at the moment. :(

But I am still sticking around, there is always the chance that my interest to create something for Civ4 peaks again (like it did several times in the past). It might just take some time...

Nice to see your still around and invovled. For the love of mike I can not seem to get Brunhild to work in any other Mod but her own. I have done everything you have shown me and still having trouble. She shows up in the pedia list but if you click on her its blank. When I get her in a game it crashes when contact is made. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Nice to see your still around and invovled. For the love of mike I can not seem to get Brunhild to work in any other Mod but her own. I have done everything you have shown me and still having trouble. She shows up in the pedia list but if you click on her its blank. When I get her in a game it crashes when contact is made. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
That sounds a bit like there is something wrong with the entry in the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml. Maybe check if all paths are correct in there. If you cannot find an error, best post your entry for Brunhild here so I can have a look at it.

By the way, since the uploaded mod is modular you should be able to add Brunhild to your personal mod by just creating a folder called "Modules" in you "Assets" folder and copy the Brunhild folder into that "Modules" folder. However, there will be problems if you have already modded the Viking civilisation in any way.

I have stared at in for several days which is why I am probably missing something. I tried direct instal and variations with the same result. I has me stumped. All your others worked flawlessly no matter how badly I screwed them up. The picture shows my present config.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 182
I have stared at in for several days which is why I am probably missing something. I tried direct instal and variations with the same result. I has me stumped. All your others worked flawlessly no matter how badly I screwed them up. The picture shows my present config.
I think you might be missing the Brunhild folder in the <NIF> entry. It need so be like this:
Code:
<NIF>Modules/Custom Leaders/Art/Leaderheads/Brunhild/Brunhild.nif</NIF>

Would I not have to change all of them in the file?

Would I not have to change all of them in the file?
Everything else points to the Brunhild folder already, only the <NIF> entry tries to find the nif file in the "Art" folder, not the "Brunhild" folder. Also just noticed that I made an error in the code, it should be:
Code:
<NIF>Modules/Custom Leaders/Art/Brunhild/Brunhild.nif</NIF>

Gave that a try and started over. I attached where I have everything now in. The button is in the right place it shows up fine. She shows up in the game leader list.

There is no reason why this shouldn't work but I can't figure out why it doesn't.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 201
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 199
It looks like the button is listed under Art/Interface/Leaderheads which is not the case of the other references (missing "Interface" intermediary folder). :crazyeye:

Anyway, it is difficult to say without being able to see what's in all these folders. Plus there is a mess of folders (Button, Buttons, Leaderhead, Leaderheads, under Interface, directly under Art, etc.).

The advice is: keep all the ART files of a Leaderhead in one folder (nif, kfm, dds), the exception is the button which can be elsewhere (but doesn't need to be elsewhere). The folders can be named Tagada/Youlala/Zut it doesn't matter. What matters is keeping track of the exact path where the destination folder is located and replicate the path in the ArtDef file.

In other words, the game does not care where the art files of a Leaderhead (unit, building,...) are located, they can be located outside the game folder if you want. This is not true of all the program files (xml, py, dll).

Gave that a try and started over. I attached where I have everything now in. The button is in the right place it shows up fine. She shows up in the game leader list.

There is no reason why this shouldn't work but I can't figure out why it doesn't.
Hmm, your <NoShaderNIF> entry is now missing the "Brunhild" folder, but that shouldn't matter too much. Maybe check that you do not have duplicates of the xml files in your folders, since this screenshot is from your "Custom Leaders" folder, while the last one was from the "Brunhild" folder.

Do you think there is a chance that you will do new leaderheads in near future? I could use a hun female leader or a holy roman female leader.

Top Bottom