Barrier Reef with Fish

I have a city with only one corner of the barrier reef under my control (the rest is too far away from the shore)

Do I still get the modifiers or do I need the entire 2 hex's

speaking of, why don't some of the harbor/docks/lighthouse bonuses extend to regular coral reefs?
Atolls, GBR, and Krakatoa do not count as "ocean" tiles, so they don't get the flat +1 food bonus from the Lighthouse.

Except in the rare fish situation with GBR, it doesn't look like resources appear in these tiles either, which further limits the benefits you get from coastal buildings.

In the "fish in the GBR" situation, you can't get a work boat there, so you can't benefit from the God of the Sea hammer. A Lighthouse will give you the extra +1 food for Fish (but not +1 food for Ocean), as you can see in the picture. Presumably the "fish in the GBR" would also get the bonuses from the Harbor (+1 hammer) and Seaport (+1 hammer and gold). Maybe someone can confirm those.

I have a city with only one corner of the barrier reef under my control (the rest is too far away from the shore)

Do I still get the modifiers or do I need the entire 2 hex's

You get benefits from working just one of the tiles. If you can work both tiles, double benefit. GBR is really two Natural Wonders, located in adjacent tiles.

Interesting. I've never been able to 'fish' or work tiles in that fashion for Natural Wonders. And I've never had the GBR in one of my cities.

Still waiting on FoY...

And El Dorado...

I was watching a let's play this afternoon at work made by Quill18. On his Maya play through around video 18-20 he founds a city that has great barrier reef nearby. and it appears that there are fish in it too! seems to happen quite often. Maybe its script that way so that the wonder is beefed up a bit? it looks like its only on one of his as well. I'm not sure the yield to it, but i commented on his video to get him to check it out.

Top Bottom