C2C Graphics

I tweaked coloration a bit, increased its size, and added a torch that is only lit when the mine is worked by the city.
This should improve its visibility somewhat.
Spoiler :
Can I upload this during the freeze?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 464
Scaled it 1.25 bigger
Added some stairs up to the mine (8 steps) that dissapears into the mountain after a 90 degree turn.
Untitled-8.jpg
Comparison with the old regular mine on mountain.

Untitled-1.jpg
Blender view.

Regarding mountain improvements:
Should I make a radio tower (production + commerce) and a "Turist Cabin"/"Ski Resort" (Commerce) to go along the mine (production)? [couldn't think of anything that would give food]
Perhaps a Mountain bunker as a special fort type?
National Park?

Do we already have other improvements than the mine for mountains?

There is already a "Machu Picchu" improvement for peaks from an Andean religious wonder. I think it should upgrade to a Mountain Town which will become available around Mountaineering. So we need something like the town for the Mountain Town. I don't think it should get bigger than that.

There is/was a Ski Resort building that can only be built in cities built on a peak. Not sure if we need an improvement.

I like the Radio Tower idea.

The main problem is that what ever the first improvement available is will be the one built on all peaks (except for resource ones). Exactly what we need and how we will implement it will probably be a discussion for v37.

Worldwonder Macchu Piccu is available at mountaineering, so any upgrade on the improvement Macchu Piccu to a mounain town should become later, perhaps at tech algebra which allows to found cities on mountains.

Progress on the radio tower; still needs to become more visible.
Texture is just a 32x64 dxt1 made up of some 3 minutes paint brushing; I will redo it proper later.

Attachments

• 2015-09-14_00003.jpg
    2015-09-14_00003.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 96
Progress on the radio tower; still needs to become more visible.
Texture is just a 32x64 dxt1 made up of some 3 minutes paint brushing; I will redo it proper later.

You can use model from any other tower city structures (buildings or great wonders). Should be faster :)

@Sparth: I find the creative freedom of starting from scratch liberating. ^^
I would probably have used much time finding a fitting model and then I would have nitpicked it to death anyways.

jpeg of the latest edition of the radio tower attached. This one has a 64x64 (3 KB) resolution texture. The nif is only 12 KB.

Attachments

• 2015-09-14_00006.jpg
    2015-09-14_00006.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 83
Change texture to more visible (maybe more blue-ish) and upload to SVN :)

I didn't like how the ground sloth looked like
Spoiler :
2015-09-17_00004.jpg
Oversized beaver...

New WIP Ground Sloth :2015-09-17_00001.jpg

Is form and coloration OK? It could perhaps be more dark brown like the original was.

NIF is 50% the size of original
DDS is same size.

Spoiler :
I based it on this picture:

EDIT: Thats more like it: 2015-09-17_00007.jpg

Reworked Ocean/Coast graphic:
New-Ocean-Coast.jpg

Trench Terrain....
Trench.jpg

Trench and Continental shelf can even blend nicely together with the ocean around.
2015-09-24_00006.jpg

Made trench smaller.
last-picture.jpg

View attachment 398658

Trench Terrain....
View attachment 398659

Trench and Continental shelf can even blend nicely together with the ocean around.
View attachment 398661

Made trench smaller.
View attachment 398664

Great changes but!!

To All modders.

With these NEW terrain graphics soon to be added and the Lake ones which have just been added. The WorldBuilder problem I reported a few months back needs to be fixed.

I can not use WB properly with the current SVN. But can if I revert back to an SVN version from March. See my post in bugs thread or more recently in SVN (sorry) thread

However, if I try to add the new graphic features - specifically Lakes, which I did. As expected the March SVN crashes, because it does not recognize them.

With my very limited knowledge, I tried copying across terrain XML files - did not work, expect the FPK files are probably needed as well, plus others.

So I am in a catch22 type situation. Use new terrain types but do not use all features of WB, making it much harder to change maps. Or use all WB features, but not new terrain types. So the scenario is no longer C2C up to date.

Sorry about being a pain in the a..e about this, but any help would be appreciated.

World builder was updated to an early version of Platyping's WB quite awhile ago. It needs updating to his new version ASAP but I have no idea how to, I am missing some basic bit of understanding in the way it works. :(

edit Sounds like we may need to remove the new terrains for now.

View attachment 398658

Trench Terrain....
View attachment 398659

View attachment 398661

Made trench smaller.
View attachment 398664

Cool stuff! The one thing I wonder is if we must differentiate coast and ocean from these new terrains, how can we do that with only one terrain and one feature definition? hmm... might have to resurrect and debug the multi-feature mod for that. This way 'coast' can become a feature rather than a terrain.

Cool stuff! The one thing I wonder is if we must differentiate coast and ocean from these new terrains, how can we do that with only one terrain and one feature definition?
I'm not following you here...
This way 'coast' can become a feature rather than a terrain.
How would that work? Would current ocean terrain be close to land with the coast feature on it... I'm pretty sure ocean graphic would blend really bad with the landmass; and I'm not sure if a feature could fix it.

This way 'coast' can become a feature rather than a terrain.

If coast was a feature you would need to change some existing features.

Kelp, seagrass, coral reefs, reefs etc. to include the coast definition.

Top Bottom