COTM120 Celts Emperor - Pre-Game Discussion

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
COTM120 Brennus of the Celts - Emperor

In the 120th Conquests Game of the Month you will rule as Brennus over the Celts, who are agricultural and religious. You start the game with the knowledge of Ceremonial Burial and Pottery. Your unique unit is the Gallic Swordsman, a special version of the Swordsman with faster movement.

The normal changes to the Conquests rules apply to this game: Iron locations are fixed, and Workers insted of Settlers can be popped from Goody Huts. In addition to this, the following changes have been made to terrain causing Disease in order to limit the impact of chance on the competition:
  • Flood Plains do not cause Disease
  • Jungles and Wetland have their Disease level lowered from 50% to 25%
  • Knowledge of Sanitation cancels Disease in Jungles and Wetlands

I hope I have solved the problem with various units being popped from Goody Huts.

Starting Location

Scope of the Game

Civilization|Celts
Difficulty|Emperor
Map size|Standard 100 X 100
Map topology|Pangaea
Rivals|Eight pre-selected
Barbarians|Raging
Required victory condition|None

Submissions are due by March 16th, 2016.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

Attachments

• cotm_120_illu.jpg
    cotm_120_illu.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 307
  • cotm_120_start.jpg
    cotm_120_start.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 366
you mean this time we can only pop gallics? ;)
t_x

Settler SW. Then there is a 2 floodplains in fat cross. (I hope W2S is a floodplains not a desert tile). May not try a fast conquest with gallics but a 100k culture.

Più Freddo;14141841 said:
Sure. By upgrading.
Does that mean you've actually given us some accessible Iron this time...? ;)

I think I'd move 1W, settle on the Gold-Hill, irrigate the Floods and mine the Grass and Deserts (the Hills can wait), and push out Settlers (chopped/ whipped as needed), building the 1st- and 2nd-rings at CxxC. Prioritise getting hold of BronzeWork/ IronWork, but try also to pop or trade for Masonry just in case, and hope for Iron in them thar Hills.

If Iron's readily available, then go for Conq/Dom ASAP -- with GSwords (and then Knights) on a Standard Pan-Map that should be feasible by the mid-Mid Age, at the latest. If no Iron, 100K Culture would also be an interesting goal, especially playing as the Celts (irrigate everything, whip everything, prebuild Pyramids for a 1-Wonder GA?). I've not tried for a Culture-win for a very long time -- certainly not since I actually learned how to play Civ3 properly (or at least, better ;) )
Spoiler :
My last attempt was in Vanilla1.07, as the Babs, at Regent, about 5 years back -- got stymied by the blooming Frogs, who'd got >51K when I finally hit 100K, in about 1980 AD... :rolleyes: So I went into Space instead :lol:

i too think the gold hill looks tempting. otherwise not much can be said. pangaea Celts can be anything, have iron or not, shoot like a rocket or drown in Population without production...
t_x

There's access to iron, but its 30 from start loc, better move your units now! hehe, kidding!

will just download now, and play next time.

What is that in the fog at 3SW? Oasis?!

That's for sure I think. Moreover there is a 2. Oasis...but I don't expect a second floodplain like Kuningas. It's obviously not Riverside so it can't be floodplain (?!) :scan:

At least I not sure about the Gold hill for starting Point.

Ahhh, I see that Kuningas meant another tile. But one can't see this tile if worker or settler move SW because of forest and hill...

great!

what is it? it may help me, too. :)

t_x

its about the advice on focusing on the objective.. like per gotm persia.. wherein I finished the game with mod arms and you finished it without any of the comps getting MA..

I'll try 20.000k with Entrement. Very good production whereever starting, isn't it? But I never played 20.000k except OCC but that's not the quickest of course. Any hints for me, how to play this condition?

I don't to read a thing about the current game, but wanted to report, that I've got a settler from the Goody Hut.
I'm at ~340BC

I've created this game from scratch in the Editor. I've made tests with hundreds of huts with the old and new COTM.bix and noticed the improvement. (I did get one Horseman, which I supposed was due to the far progression of the game at that point (scientifically).) I don't know what else I can do.

Top Bottom