New unit: Lava Elemental (Nov 27th, 2004)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi,
Here is a lava elemental unit of the chaos dwarfs.

Lava Elemental

Some previews

Attachments

• LavaElementalLarge.gif
    LavaElementalLarge.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,692
Attack and death are very, very original.

Since it's a lava elemental, it is made of lava. And because of that, he has some control over molten rock. Thus, he can bring a bit of lava to the surface in some extent, and use it as a weapon against his enemies.

The second attack is a punch. :)

You make this animation thing look far too easy Aaglo... I love the attack even more now, and the Death is just cool :D

Seeing how fast you make those units and how slow I work, Chaos Dwarfs might end up in 2.03 ... Hey can you make a Lammasu or Taurus? :p

embryodead said:
... Hey can you make a Lammasu or Taurus? :p

I'm tempted to say "no I can't", because that is 98% truth. Just to count things a bit:
A simple math formula: 2^[no. of pairs of hands/legs/othermovingstuff]
The regular guys I add to some cannons ect., they have 2 legs and 2 hands. Okay, I know thats quite a lot of work (roughly 4 times (2^2 the work required on this lava elemental, who has only 2 hands - that lava pilar I don't consider as a leg;).
Now, take Taurus or Lammasu; it has 4 legs, 2 wings + the rider has 2 legs and 2 hands. That results roughly 32 times more work than the lava elemental (2^5).

Why is the formula like that?
- because of the graphics engine of pov-ray. everything has to be carefully calculated mathematically so, that no leg (or other part of the body) goes below the ground level and disappear from the animation. Also, to make sure that the movement isn't completely ridiculous, and the limbs should bend like they do in real life. pov-ray has no skeletons to use.
- because when I move some limb, it may require the movement on entire unit, or then again, maybe it doesn't. It can be cheked only by rendering the anim sequence and wieving it in some animation program for some silly errors that may or may not occur.

Ok, that was a bit OT... :lol:
But my answer still is no. sorry :) I mean, I cannot promise.
I think. :p

If only his hand took on the shape of an anvil in Attack B... ;) Only kidding.
This is some great and very original work. :thumbsup:

Oh... and when you get tired of all that math, and working without skeletons, you could always switch over to poser. :p

Keep up the good work bud.

Sweet! (Thinking how I can justify inserting a graphic like this into my "epic" sort-of-mod...)

Ah man! I'm fresh out of room for this one, but I'll just have to make some.

Absolutely great unit aaglo. You're work is always astounding. :)

Top Bottom