New unit: Orc Rock Lobber (Feb 3rd, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi All!
Here is a war catapult for the orc boyz; Rock Lobba! It's a kind of crude version of a trebuchet. Right :rolleyes:

Well, here are the files:
Rock Lobba

UPDATE!
In this post there are some updates available:
- a larger attack animation file (which shows the flying projectile better)
- an orky death animation :mischief:

Go ge'em boys'n'girls ;)

Attached is a civilopedia preview and animation previews of attack and death:

Attachments

• RockLobbaCivilop.gif
    RockLobbaCivilop.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • RLAD.gif
    RLAD.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,431
Class! :thumbsup: :D
Edit: To me, it looks like a cross between a catapult and a trebuchet.

Tell me, dear mrtn, what construckt of orcs is 'technically correct'? :p

. . . or do you mean, that the rock lobba is a bit different (sure, this is built on wheels)?

Ah, you mean that. No, it works just right. You see, there is a cross-bar in the bottom of the vertical beams. The stone is stopped by that crossbar (instead of that steel-hard rope those orcs found somewhere). :yeah:

Good unit. You keep this up aaglo and ED will never catch up to put all these units into the WH mod.

Awesome... The death is quite spectacular :D And everyone knows CivPhysics are a completely different creature than regular old boring real-world physics.

Nice avatar Kinboat. That's a good likeness to what I would imagine a dwarf in Rockhome skiing. I also think it is not surprising that an orc would make it work even if it defies physics. ;) Beauty of the fantasy world.

Ahhh... the Orcs... (MAN am I having a hard time spelling it with a 'C' and not a 'K'). Bout Time they got some Artillery of thier own.

I love how the boulder crushes the guy during the death animation.... kinda reminds me of the old Wil E Coyote and roadrunner cartoons :lol:

awesome unit, aaglo. The death animation is spectacular. nicely done.

Wonderful as always. You've helped to complete a full (and beautiful) civilization of orcs and goblins. :)

(Well... almost full. Just wondering if you had any plans for any gobs on flying creatures or monsters? ...not requesting, just curious. :) )

Looks cool! :) So, you're making orcs now, eh?

Top Bottom