New unit: Phoenix Guard (Mar 1st, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!
Here is a Phoenix Guard -unit. Phoenix Guards are elite warriors of the high-elves. Enjoy :)

Here is civilopedia info (from the games workshop website):
"Of the many great warriors of the High Elf people, the most fearsome to face are the silent guardians of the Shrine of Asuryan. Known as the Phoenix Guard, the main duty of these warrior monks is to protect the island shrine and all those who make their pilgrimage there. Particularly important is the eternal flame, through which the chosen candidate for Phoenix King must walk in order to receive the blessing."

Here are the files:
Phoenix Guard

UPDATE!
Here is PhoenixGuardAttackB -animation.
The preview is in this post

Attached are some previews of the animations and civilopedia

Attachments

• PhGDemo.gif
    PhGDemo.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,764
  • PhoenixGuardCivilop1.gif
    PhoenixGuardCivilop1.gif
    16 KB · Views: 1,533
Very nice!! :)

That cloak is great!!! Aaglo, you have outdone yourself.

mrtn said:
Yey!
This'll find it's way into LOTM too. :)
My thoughts exactly! To think, once upon a time aaglo thought he couldn't do humanoid units... (or was he just hiding something from us?)

Very nice! :) I think there's a little too much reflection on his halberd, though...

This was unexpected! Some one actually tall AND good for a change!

The clothes are great, especially the helmet. Good job AGAIN aaglo

:goodjob: to the power of :goodjob:

Great work aaglo, it looks fab! :thumbsup: :D

Awesome unit, aaglo. As always, your creations are simply amazing.

Very nice unit. How many more are you going to make for the WH mod? Just trying to figure out an estimated time on when ED will release the new version.

Whoa! this guys looks almost exactly like Kain from FF IV (which means that I'm going to have to change the graphics for Kain's Dragoons now). Keep up the good work. I'll hopefully be back up to unit making shortly.

Looks Great :D

Very nice. :thumbsup:

BTW, aaglo, nearly all of your unit threads begin with "Hi!" or "Hi All!" or something similar on one line. I just though I'd point that out. :)

Maybe its from doing all those dwarves and orcs, but this guy seems a little top-heavy. Is the camera angle the same as normal?

@Bungus
Top heavy? I don't think so.
Yep, the camera angle is the same as in those dwarves done earlier - and it's orthogonal, so it's not a perspective issue either. Maybe the large helmet makes it look a bit top heavy to you.

Top Bottom