M80LT Missle-APC (Yugoslavian/Serbian)

Bjornlo

Deity
Like the M80A, this unit was made for RADE. It was made using his model. Since this model was a little lower poly( and less pose-able) than most I've worked with, animation is not quite as detailed, but I think it looks ok.

Download the complete unit
Here

Previews:

default -> run -> fidget/fortify -> attack -> death
This unit includes

Civilopedia Icons
Units32 icon
Animation files
Attack, Fidget/fortify, Defeat, Run
Civilopedia.txt content
Pediaicons.txt content
--
UPDATE :1.01
Added an alternate attack:

The missles fire one at a time, instead of both at once.
updated and original files are now included in the zip file above.

--
The BVP M80LT INFANTRY COMBAT VEHICLE from Yugoslavia, and later Serbia. Takes a crew of 3 and can transport 1 undersized platoon (7 riflemen). It is lightly armored (with steel plates) and lightly armed. The turret from the M80a is replaced with the the turret from the from M-83, with six 9M114 Maljutka (AT-3 Sager) ATGW in ready-to-launch position and a 7.62mm machine gun is mounted between the missiles. It is has a maximum speed of 64kph (40mph), with a reasonable range of 500km (312.5 miles)

I smell another nice unit to add to TCW. I hope El Justo sees this.

Look great. If it is low poly count, its not noticable. The death explosion is decidedly un-civ like though. But everybody likes doing their own pyrotechnics.

great, except that real unit can't launch two missiles at the same time, other than that it's really good.
btw. "LT" is short for "lovac tenkova" or tank hunter (tank destroyer) in English, so I guess this unit could replace TOW infantry and have two movement points instead.
Thanks for your time and effort on these two units.

Bungus said:
Look great. If it is low poly count, its not noticable. The death explosion is decidedly un-civ like though. But everybody likes doing their own pyrotechnics.
Is there a problem with the death where you don't think it works, or is ok, but just not to your liking?

it looks quite good this way, alto it would look more realistic if the missiles were fired one after another.

good unit
when I saw it first I had to think about if it is posible to have a smoke grenade att (perhaps as alt att? hmm just a brainstormed idea...)

Samez said:
good unit
when I saw it first I had to think about if it is posible to have a smoke grenade att (perhaps as alt att? hmm just a brainstormed idea...)

It is possible to have it fire smoke grenades and flares. But, I did not think this would work well in CIV where those things are not used.

Thanks Spacer One & Rade,
I missed this question completely.

Almost all of my older graphics are hosted on Civ3files.com A great site, I highly recommend it.

Most (but not all) of my stuff is also hosted here. MarineCorps went through and uploaded a ton of stuff I and others had done. Amazing service to the Civ3 community since files hosted in multiple locations will more likely remain available over time.

Top Bottom