GOTM 44 Results & Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
In one of the closest finishes that I can remember, the top three places all went to domination victories, however only 4 turns and 174 points separated them!

Sneaking to the highest score was Durkz, winning in 510 AD. One turn faster, but a tiny 14 points behind was leopalas; missing-out on gold but getting some consolation in the 'fastest domination' award. Back in third place, MiniMe secured bronze.

Classic GOTM 44:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Durkz: 510 AD Domination Victory, 11,170 points.

leopalas: 500 AD Domination Victory, 11,159 points.

MiniMe: 540 AD Domination Victory, 10,996 points.

Other Award Winners:

Drazek: 570 AD Conquest Victory, 10,777 points.

Niklas: 1475 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 9,666 points.

Jove: 1310 AD Diplomatic Victory, 9,527 points.

MeteorPunch: 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 9,381 points.

Gato Loco: 1806 AD Spaceship Victory, 6,396 points.

tao: 1884 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 2,181 points.

rockytop: 1760 AD Conquest Victory, 5,625 points.

Andsome: 1999 AD Diplomatic Loss, 2,967 points.

Brennan: 1975 AD Domination Victory, 2,827 points.

cas: 2050 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 2,311 points.

The Wiz: 2039 AD Spaceship Victory, 1,234 points.

Splime: 2027 AD Diplomatic Victory, 908 points.

azzaman333: 1998 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 578 points.

WilliamOfOrange: 1310 AD Conquest Loss, 348 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.

Lol, a low score medal, hurrah for me. Perhaps that bloody flip was a good thing? Should do better on #45, although it is currently on-hold while I try for another HoF slot...

Congrats everybody :goodjob:
especially those 5xx AD dominators. Weird playtimes there, 4 to 6 hours and still top 10! Maybe I´m pondering to much where I should be fighting? :)

congrats everybody

weird game:
- I played this one a relaxed 5CC and still only 3 turns from the award (well done tao)
- congrats Gato: I don't think you expected to win an award, did you?
- congrats DaveMcW: it's quite refreshing to see your ranking, maybe this qualifise you for playing conquest class for the next warlord-gotm :lol:

Congrats to the medal winners.

It's nice to be 5 points from fourth place and nothing else.

@AlanH

DBear is listed twice, at places 67 and 68.

woohoo a gold medal, but on warlord (this was my first warlord game ever), but nevertheles it's a medal (my first though)

congrats to the other medal & award winners

special congrats to my m8 Niklas for fastest culture 100K

Oof, nearly 1000 points too high for the shield, and only 5th-lowest 20k. I think I just had too many cities, but Greece was getting close to domination and I needed to put them off from it. :banghead: Better luck next month.

Yes, another award! :cool: :banana:
And I won by what, 265 years, 53 turns? :eek:
That's two down (diplo in 41) and five to go... and Civ4 is due in Q4... and I'm not playing 45 due to vacation... hmm, guess not. :crazyeye:
Not that I think I'll be able to compete for one of the military awards...

Super congratulations to Durkz, not only your first medal but of the finest kind as well! :beer:

And of course congratulations to all other contestants. Quite a few victories this time, sure it was warlord but the start was rather cruel. :lol:

I'm probably going to continue playing Civ3 for quite a while after Civ4 comes out, probably because 1) I won't be able to buy Civ4 for quite a while anyway, and 2) there's so many things I have yet to accomplish in Civ3. I believe this will apply to many other GOTM players as well, and I doubt the Civ3 GOTM, or at least the COTM, will die off anytime soon.

Things I have yet to accomplish, but want to do:
-xCC victory of any type (IF4(? - whichever one is the OCC space) looks promising)
-Win on (Vanilla/PTW) diety & higher
-Get a C/GOTM award of some kind (besides a shield)
-Finish that FFT scenario
-Try out some mods/variants that I haven't done before (like winning a pacifist domination higher than Regent)

:wow: this game is a parade of military victories. First 20 are either dominations or conquests (and I had a problem reaching domination limit :confused: )

Well ... you would expect the Warlord AI to be very weak, which would entice a lot of players to go all military, even with the delayed start getting off the island!

Megalou - congratulations for being the highest scoring Predator player! :)

I noticed that the back-to-back Deity games had thinned out the top of the GPR a tiny bit; you needed to be > 80% on average to place in the top 9 spaces. Now you have to be >80% on average to place in the top 15 spaces!

Redbad said:
@AlanH

DBear is listed twice, at places 67 and 68.
Thanks. Fixed. It will help a lot if players don't submit their games twice :confused:

Men, I have a higher firaxis, an earlier finish date and still i lose by 11 points. Losing the gold like this hurts :( At least i got the award as Ainwood says :) Anyway congrats to Durkz,MiniMe (again a great game...), to all award winners especially to MeteorPunch who achieved the Cow which, in the beggining, was what i wanted, and to Drazek - a 570Ad Conquest with the Iroquois on that island is, i guess, harder than a 500AD Domination. The competition for the shields was also fierce. Congrats to all you guys :) Now back to dinner and then 1 or 2 hours of gigantic Russia :D

Thanks Redbad. I had an inkling I was in the running when I read the spoilers and saw how unpopular space was this month. This was more of an experiment to see how the lower tech costs balance againt the lack of AIs to trade with.

Top Bottom