Med Sea, North Africa, and Arabia (93x46)

Good Sauce

(TM)
This is a map I made using the BMP->WBS converter, mapview and YAME. It is Southern Europe, the Arabian Peninsula, Saharan Africa and much of Persia. I emphasised playability over accuracy.
This map is only compatible with Sevomod v2.3, I hope to post a vanilla version in a day or so. However if you dont have sevo's mod you really should get it.
Included in the zip is an XML file, I strongly recomend you copy it into mods/sevomod/assets/xml/terrain all it does is disallow city building on desert tiles not next to fresh water. this prevents the AI from builing useless cities in the sahara that will slow down you game. When you are done simply delete terraininfos.xml as sevomod otherwise does not use it.
View attachment medfinalv06a.zip
Updated to v05 - changed max turns from 300 to 540
Updated to v06a - balanced after some more testing, egypt and babylon were absurdly strong

vanilla version offline

This is my first map. coments are appreciated, but be gentle.:)

Screenshots for her pleasure:
shoot1.jpg

Your map sounds good in principle, but please include a screenshot so players can judge for themselves.

Thanks!

This would make a good mod for the spread of Islam. I'll definately use it.
and
The screenshot is for HER pleasure?
eoo2, is your avatar of a classical composer?

That's right Crayton! You're the first to ask... my avatar is of course the marvelous Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827).

Discover more about him here.

And neither he, nor I, are a "she".

But that's okay, Good Sauce had no way of knowing.

How about asking Sevo if he want to put a link here on the firstpage of the mod? Perhaps more people find there way here.

Top Bottom