Fen Beast (April 28th, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!

To celebrate my survival of my trip to Pictland/Caledonia/Outer_Hebrides/Alba, I did this Albion unit: Fen beast. Enjoy :)

Note: Albion is a Warhammer fantasy race of humans living in a misty island where be dragons... and druids...

Here's some civilopedia info by games workshop:
The Fenbeast is an elemental monster raised from the depths of the Albion marshes. They are little more than mud and detritus of the marsh itself, bound together by the power of a small Ogham stone at there core. They feel no pain and have no emotions to speak of. The creatures are mindless and can only be directed by the will of their summoner, be they Truthsayer or Dark Emissary.

Capable of riping a man in two and as tough as a Troll. Fenbeasts are a living embodiment of the elemental force of Albion and are fearsome monsters.

Here are the files:
Fen Beast (~1,0 Mb)

Here is a preview of the attack animation (a bit fast, but you'll get the idea anyway ;) ) :

Attached is a civilopedia preview.

Attachments

• FenBeastCivilop.gif
    FenBeastCivilop.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 466
Wow, very cool. It's like "the Swamp Thing" or something.

MUNCH!

Great work, aaglo. I love the mud or whatever falling as it swings it's arm--super detail.

themanuneed said:
:goodjob: Looks great !! Is it a kind of mercenary/special unit ? I couldn't find it on the Games Workshop site
Games Workshop had a "special Albion theme" a couple of years ago (Dark Shadows - Summer Campaign 2001), it was available then, don't know if it still is.

If anyone makes a WH world map/scenario, this could be available to all civs if they get a special "Ogham/Fen/thingy" resource that's only available on that island. :)

Thanks aaglo!

Sheesh that's awesome, great to have you back again!

I agree, the dripping mud is an awesome detail.

Wonderful, as always.

Back with a Vengeance! Great unit aaglo. I'd run like hell if I saw him coming my way...

Phenominal look and animation. Great job, aaglo.:)

@mrtn
Still can't find it, but thanks for your answer and suggestion.
In fact Albion is no more in the list of armies, which is : Beasts of Chaos, Bretonnia, Dark Elves, Dogs of War, Dwarfs, Empire, High Elves, Hordes of Chaos, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

There's never been an Albion army. They had a campaign set in Albion, somewhat like the more recent Lustria and Storm of Chaos ones.

Ohh... ok then. Understood. I don't know much about WH, but the mod got my interest. Still, how come Albion is a civ in this mod ?
maybe I should ask this in the WH thread ?

Top Bottom