New Unit: Samurai Flintlock Musketman(6/17/2006)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword

Attachments

• Samurai Flintlock Musketman.zip
    431.5 KB · Views: 529
don't you think this cloud is too much.. too large and too black.. and without any flash
but unit seems great

Great! Great modelling, fluid animation, :goodjob:. Reminds me of that dude from Last Samurai... Anyways, you should tweak the pallette a little bit, so the flash should be white instead of black, :).

Remember that this guy is from the era before smoke-less powder, so the black smoke is realistic. The smoke is actually cut and pasted in(taken from the civ3 Rifleman actually). I did that because Kinboat's smoke prop's directions have the complexity of ancient egyptian hieroglyphics..:lol:

i dont mean to nag, but the smoke also disipates too instantly. it needs to fade out a bit..

I couldn't do that without losing continuity with all the directions, since the Rifleman's north firing animation has the smoke consuming the unit entirely. If I had cut and pasted the whole thing, this guy would briefly transform into the civ3 rifleman..:)

At least there is smoke this time eh?

Do you have the original unmodified BMP storyboard? I have a patented C&P smoke thingy that will be appropriately semi-transparent.... You see, the Civ III rifleman's smoke is actually semi-transparent, but they set all of the alpha-blending colors in the pallete to red (I guess to make it harder for us modders to fiddle with their units), so C&P Civ III rifleman's smoke is not doable, unless you first edit the rifleman's pallette, so that the smoke is of the proper smoke colors for your pallette.

Here you go..... This aughtta work a bit better....;)

Attachments

• SamuraiFlintlockAttack.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 531
Top Bottom