seZereths Laboratory: my unit library

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
Warhammer Fantasy mod is being reworked

Ok, this is the first version, will clean it up when i have time for it. Look into the threads, cause the names dont tell too much, i will upload a screenshot for everything into this thread as soon as possible. and if someone tells me where to find spoilers, then i will add these too...

Units done for the Warhammer Fantasy Mod
(most of them could be used for generic Medieval Mods too)

Progress:
Hi Folks! i Finished working on
-Nippon(Japan) and Catay(Chinese) Units vol1
-Nippon and Cathay Units vol2 almost finished

-chaos Cultists or "Followers" in some different versions (with and without Hood).
-Real Chaos Knight and Chaos Marauder

CHAOS TEASER SCREEN

-Light Knight reskins (basicly a persion immortal reskin)
-Beasts and old version of Chaos Knight and first approach to aDwarf (one of my earliest works)

-Empire Swordsman, Spearman, Handgunner UPDATED!
-Empire Free Companys (+archers,xbows), greatswords, halberdiers, longbowman and Pistoliers
-Empire Witchhunter

EMPIRE TEASER SCREEN

-Tilea Units vol1
-Tilea freelancer, Al Muktqar Desert Dogs and Kislev Winged Lancer

-Dryads/Treant ver1 (this one is really worth having a look)
-Wood Elves
Army (part 2 has arrived)

-Woodelven wardancer and ancient elven warriors part1

-High High Elven Archers and Shadowwarriors

-goblins

-the Undead:Skeletons

-
new chaos Knight and Warrior

Units done for Fall From Heaven II Mod

-The Malakim Army (+the the greaver)

-Hippus Army

-Magnadine, Evil Warrior, Hunter, Saboteur

-Paladin

4 versions, one with teamcolour

-
With FfH II 0.16 my list of units i`ve created for the mod has grown :) no screenshots here, but please visit the FfH II forum, for example my
teaser for 0.16 thread with a lot of screenshots, or best you play the mod itself, you`ll find tons of units from me, as the complete Doviello, Amurite, Bannor civilisations, and the complete range of Orcs, Giants and even more stuff, the list is growing every day :)

generic medieval units

generic Medieval Units Thread
includes:
-Heavy Crossbow

-Arquebus

-Men at Arms and Foot Knight construction Kit

-Medieval Units construction Kit Part 2

This is great! One stop shopping, thanks. :goodjob:

Yea seZereth, this is great, especially the medieval units (and hopefully you'll add some renaissance units too), but why haven't you replied to the question I asked you in my PM? :(

Anyway, thanks for this collection thread :)

Shqype said:
Yea seZereth, this is great, especially the medieval units (and hopefully you'll add some renaissance units too), but why haven't you replied to the question I asked you in my PM? :(

Anyway, thanks for this collection thread :)

Thanks ;) i will do some more renaisance parts and skins, to make the construction Kit even more variable :) i hope you produce a nice mod, so i can watch my work in action ;) if you need some specific stuff on the shields or on the skirts, like for UUs, i could perhaps do some English, French and Holy Roman Empire Symbol variants for that. (But only if they are needed, have tons of other things to do!!!)

And for your Question, Rabbit told you what i would have told you, it is The Dir Variance, which makes the Formations look more dynamic, if you set it to zero it shouldnt rotate them. I can have a closer look into that later.

seZereth said:
Thanks ;) i will do some more renaisance parts and skins, to make the construction Kit even more variable :) i hope you produce a nice mod, so i can watch my work in action ;) if you need some specific stuff on the shields or on the skirts, like for UUs, i could perhaps do some English, French and Holy Roman Empire Symbol variants for that. (But only if they are needed, have tons of other things to do!!!)

And for your Question, Rabbit told you what i would have told you, it is The Dir Variance, which makes the Formations look more dynamic, if you set it to zero it shouldnt rotate them. I can have a closer look into that later.
Excellent news, I was able to do it!

Code:
<UnitFormation>
		<Name>IDLE (1)</Name>
		<DirectionType>DIRECTION_SOUTH</DirectionType>
		<UseFacing>1</UseFacing>
		<RotationMask>255</RotationMask>
		<EventMaskList>
			<EventType>ENTEVENT_IDLE</EventType>
			<EventType>ENTEVENT_SURRENDER</EventType>
			<EventType>ENTEVENT_CAPTURED</EventType>
			<EventType>ENTEVENT_SLEEP</EventType>
			<EventType>ENTEVENT_BEGIN_COMBAT</EventType>
		</EventMaskList>
		<UnitMaskList>
			<UnitType>UNIT_DEFENDER</UnitType>
		</UnitMaskList>
		<PromotionMaskList/>
		<UnitEntry>
			<Position>
				<x>0</x>
				<y>0</y>
			</Position>
			<PositionRadius>0</PositionRadius>
			<Direction>0</Direction>
			<DirVariation>0</DirVariation>
		</UnitEntry>
	</UnitFormation>
That is what did it.

I requested a bombard and ballista from Snafusmith, but I don't think he'll get a chance to work on it before he leaves since he has so many other requests on his plate. I have the model from Empire Earth II; if I sent you one would you be able to skin it?

i cant uv map it or something like that (that means i cant create a complete new texture, cause i dont have any 3d programm!) but i could create a skin, if you send me a wireframe texture, hope you know what i mean. try to send it and then we will see what i can do with it!

I managed to get a look into Alaskans Technique of transplantating Bones and it is quiete fast to do and can produce very impressive effects, have a look at this :p

Wasn't sure where I should post this but I think you'll get the biggest milage out of this so I'll put it here (although you might've already figure it out).

You know how the early ranged units (skirmisher, archer, longbow, chinoku (name?) probably too) have melee attack animations? Well, if in the art define you set <bActRanged> to 0 they will turn into melee units, which is actually pretty interesting because it gives you few more melee attack animations that could be used for new units. (These probably have less variations than true melee animations, but it's still nice.)

For some of them the unit doesn't even look like it should be ranged, like the skirmisher who just looks like a variation of spearman. For archers of course you still need to have the bow because otherwise their fortify stance will look weird. However, archers are the only dual-wielding unit in the game as far as I know. :D What's more, longbowmen's melee animation involves couple of swings with a stick - the closest there is to having an actual staff attack animations.

The biggest downside here is that for some unfathomable reason the archer's daggers are skinned (not the texture kinda skin, but the mesh to bone kinda skin). The problem with this (and I could be wrong because I only did a very quick test, which failed) is that they way the animation handles hiding and showing them at appropriate times means that if you you reaplce them with new weapons, they won't do that, i.e. they will always be visible.

Then again if you remove the bow and arrow, put couple of exotic swords instead of the daggers, who knows, maybe even the fortify pose will work. Certainly worth a try. :D

hehe, i already used that fact with some elven units, for example the wardancer is an archer using 2 swords :) But nice to hear some ideas from you, tell me if you come up with other ones !

seZereth said:
hehe, i already used that fact with some elven units, for example the wardancer is an archer using 2 swords :) But nice to hear some ideas from you, tell me if you come up with other ones !
So, wait, does that mean that you got the swords to hide when needed or are they just always "out"?

Rabbit said:
So, wait, does that mean that you got the swords to hide when needed or are they just always "out"?

cant really remember that, but i think they are visible all the time, if you want, you can download the unit and test it, quiete a long time ago that i created him...

Rabbit said:
[...]
The biggest downside here is that for some unfathomable reason the archer's daggers are skinned (not the texture kinda skin, but the mesh to bone kinda skin). The problem with this (and I could be wrong because I only did a very quick test, which failed) is that they way the animation handles hiding and showing them at appropriate times means that if you you reaplce them with new weapons, they won't do that, i.e. they will always be visible.

Then again if you remove the bow and arrow, put couple of exotic swords instead of the daggers, who knows, maybe even the fortify pose will work. Certainly worth a try. :D

Rabbit, White, the weapons will dissapear normally, you just have to put it in the "Archer_Right Knife_BONE" and "Archer_Left Knife_BONE" respectively. The fortify may look wierd though, but that's the only problem I can see.

seZereth said:
I managed to get a look into Alaskans Technique of transplantating Bones and it is quiete fast to do and can produce very impressive effects, have a look at this :p

WOW , that is exactly like the movie (an older one) called Jason and the Argonauts. Great skeleton fighting scene.

Undead: Skeletons and Medieval Construction Kit 2 has been released! have fun with it

Top Bottom