Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Hello,
somehow the mod doenst work for me. I run the actuall version of Civ4:BTS and I placed the mod in the right folder. When I choose to play the Warhammer Mod, Civ4 restarts and then I find myself in the Warhammer Menue... Unfortunately I cant read the font... All I see are small circels instead the Race description.

Any advice what went wrong? Yes I installed even the Warhammer Patch.

Hello,
somehow the mod doenst work for me. I run the actuall version of Civ4:BTS and I placed the mod in the right folder. When I choose to play the Warhammer Mod, Civ4 restarts and then I find myself in the Warhammer Menue... Unfortunately I cant read the font... All I see are small circels instead the Race description.

Any advice what went wrong? Yes I installed even the Warhammer Patch.

you have to choose english as ingame language

du musst englisch als Sprache wählen

All right, I started dating classmate of mine. I told her I love her and asked her for marriage and she said give me sometime to think about it. She keeps on changing her behavior towards me. One time she told me: "I have many faces, many magic, and many secrets". I need your help, what does this quote mean? Please help me. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

@netranika: is she a Gemini? I had a Gemini GF once and they tend to be like multiple separate people in one body with only one acting at a time.

Gemini
May 21 - June 21

All right, I started dating classmate of mine. I told her I love her and asked her for marriage and she said give me sometime to think about it. She keeps on changing her behavior towards me. One time she told me: "I have many faces, many magic, and many secrets". I need your help, what does this quote mean? Please help me. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

[offtopic] Netranika, you might want to start looking into mythology. Greek, in particular. Normaly, more info would be nice. HOWEVER, thats a discussion for another thread. This is for the WFB mod.

Back On topic. I'm having alot of trouble understanding how you guys wanted religions to function.

Here are some examples-
IC: 4000, Ancestral and Elven religions founded. Starting tech?
Later on, Nabbed Masonry+Philosophy. That should let me build the Kong-Miao thing to found Spirituality. Never appeared under the build menu (Playing as Brettonian, Gilles). Later on, another Civ founded it (Someting like 50 turns later too) That left me going :confused:

To test something else, I WB'd some religions into my cities. I then found I could NOT adopt a state religion. This occured with the following Civs:
  • Brettonians
  • Dark Elves
  • Beastmen
  • Goblins
  • Wood Elves (But only with the female leader. The Blond with the pixie wings)
  • Empire (But only with Sigmar. /w Kranz, I could adopt Salvation)
Religions are a big part of any war zone. The Bretonians have the whole "Grail" quest idea, there's the Chaos vs Sigmar war, Lustrians have the old ones... These are big facets of the wars and backstory of the Warhammer mythos.

Minor notion: Animated Leader Head + Unaminated leader heads leads to CTD. Damn you Hammurabi!

Balance Issue: Bretts seem very nerfed. Their signature unit (The Errant Knights line) is worthless on anything other than flat terrain. While Pegasi Knights balance this, its slightly annoying when going up against nearly everything else.

Balance Issue: Max # units per stack: Good in theory. Bad in practice. Makes chokepoints incredibly beardy, as funneling troops into it is nigh impossible :sad:

Minor Notion: Barbarian Cities still use vanilla names. Like "Apache" or "Polynesian".

Minor Notion: Colonies no longer make ANY sense. I ended up with the Amazonians, Lustrians, and Beastmen colonies while playing Empire. :crazyeye:

While its a wonderful mod, Its incredibly well fleshed out at the 0.13 beta. Kudos to you guys.
EDIT: A few other things as well:

Suggestion: Add a feature that lets you turn off the Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic binge. The idea in itself is sound, but for some games, you can be surrounded by alot of initially hostile civs simply because you differ in alignment.
Minor Notion: I get +2 from chaotic people because "I treat my people poorly". Can you clarify on what this actually means?

Observation: Sometimes, the "Worst Enemy" negatives of trading dont effect me untill some ten turns after the "Worst Enemy" tag has been added to someone.

hello,

i want to ask if it is possible to modulate this mod to be a bit more like warhammer?

is it possible to create a skirmish game without cities and settlers?

only randomly 60 units for each civilization for only turn based wars?

should be...use the mapeditor to set up your battlefield and units, et voila.
I haven't made any scenarios, but I'm fairly cetain there is an editor and save function embedded in the vanilla game for creating them.

Unfortunately not all units are implemented yet for most armies or not balanced.
Though if you stick to the elves, there should be plenty.

...also be aware that you'd have to play test many times to get a fair balance of troops on both sides, as unit cost is not determined only on effectiveness, but also civ economy and bonusses.

On suggestion: you might want to create a king of the hill type scenario, where the player needs to hold out against unending hordes of weaker enemies.
Allowing the player to customize at least a few selections of his force would be recommended for replayability value.

Taking your request and musing away: it might be fun to create a mod that recreates sthe 'shadow of the horned Rat' or 'DarkOmen' mercenary army concept.
There is a scenario in vanilla (or warlords) that sets the player in controll of the barbarians, this may be a good startingpoint. The barbarian camp could be your general's tent or whatever.
cities could become non-controllable places that can be used to resupply or gain contracts. other players or NPC-civs would also be armies of this sort. Let's decide for a zone of controll for comanders on troops, so that armies stay roughly together.

Such a thing would be another seperate project beside WHFB though and still require the unit models to be created.

did someone revive this mod?

We're working on getting a significantly updated 3.19 compatible version up soon. We'll create a new thread here once we do.

We're working on getting a significantly updated 3.19 compatible version up soon. We'll create a new thread here once we do.

could you put it in an installer or include really simple installation instructions?

thanks. ^_^

installing civ IV mods is soo confusing. >.<

What is confusing about it, you unpack them in the <Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods directory and that is it.

If you have managed to install one correctly, you should have no problems with most of the others either :)

In fact I find the installers bothersome when they just default to the standard install dir, no matter where I actually installed CIV (some do, others are smart enough to look at the registry).

What is confusing about it, you unpack them in the <Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods directory and that is it.

If you have managed to install one correctly, you should have no problems with most of the others either :)

In fact I find the installers bothersome when they just default to the standard install dir, no matter where I actually installed CIV (some do, others are smart enough to look at the registry).

well, i've asked how to install 'em, and i've been told dozens of different ways. :?
and none of them work. :/

well, i've asked how to install 'em, and i've been told dozens of different ways. :?
and none of them work. :/

There are just two ways basically, and they both end up achieving the same. A mod should be a single subidr underneath <Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods, how you get that done does not matter.

If the mod is an archive (.zip, .rar, etc.), check if it contains a single directory, if it does, extract it to <Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods, otherwise (i.e. if it contains files and an Assets dir directly), create a dir in that directory first and then extract to that.

If it is an installer, point to that directory (<Civ4>\<BtS>\Mods) and install. If it still manages to end up being in the wrong dir, just move it there.

You have to be careful about what mod and what version of CIV you use though, there are some mods for Warlords rather than BtS and some mods for older versions of BtS which have not been updated yet.

As long as you stick to mods for BtS 3.19 (assuming you use the latest patch), you are fine with the above.

Top Bottom