New Unit: Medival Polish Hussar(7/24/2006)

Hey wow, the preview looks pretty hot! Almost like an Angelic hussar, or a Pegasine hussar.

Can't you link directly in from photobucket and imbed the image in your post? Like this:

Oh yeah, first post. ;)

Very nice for a first mounted unit! :goodjob: I especially like the bounce movement in the run flc., very fluid!

@Iron Beagle: apparently, the wings were attached to the cavalier or to the saddle, as you can notice on the representation of this Renaissance hussar.

Attachments

• WingedHussarLHS.jpg
    WingedHussarLHS.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 315
@beboy: I second Iron Beagle, and in your pic the wings are attached to the hussar, and it looks much better
@SOG: why put a preview of the default anim ? he doesn't do anything on this anim, so it's impossible to see if it works good

I've DLed it so I could see better:
1. the flag on the spear doesn't move in the wind
2. in the attack the soldier only moves his arm
3. the death anim is really strange. The hussar is just sliding down and the horse falls like a toy
Hope you like constructive criticism!!! ;)

1. Although realistic, i don't think that one bit is that important.

2. What else would he be moving in a sword slashing animation? :confused:

3. I'll redo that one shortly, maybe just have the guy fall down, and the horse sit there. I Thought I'd do a civarmy-style horse death..lol..look at some of his deaths..and you'll know what I'm talking about.

2. What else would he be moving in a sword slashing animation? :confused:
Shouldn´t he be leaning forwards and/or tugging at the reins? Perhaps you could make him tug at thew reins and the horse would respond by dodging hte enemy´s [sword]?
btw nice unit, man!!! you improve every day! :thumbsup: How bout one based on my avatar´s character?

Really good for a first horse unit, :thumbsup:. I love the fidget and run, but the death looks like they're both drunk, and the man falls off, then the horse slowly falls and faints, :lol:.

@SOG: Takhisis said exactly what I meant. Look: when the standard rider or swordman (vanilla) hits an enemy, his whole body moves, his shoulders follow his arms (how could they not move???)... everything moves !!! Hips, legs, shoulders, head and everything that's attached to it.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
How come Civarmy never got criticized for his units total unrealism? :confused:

Maybe no one wanted to hurt the newbies feelings and they just see your forum veteran status as an open invitation. Then again 99.9% of the poeple that do post could not do any better themselves. Personally I thought his units sucked donkey balls and he should have stayed with leaderheads. I just never said so at the time.

Ignore it all, don't let it get to you. Otherwise you end up like me and no one talks to you no matter how good you get.

Its supose to look like this aint it? it would be really cool if u Redid it like that

Attachments

• 05-200-050-.jpg
    05-200-050-.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 213
Stormrage said:
Wyrm is right about everything.
I usually am when it comes to poeple's true psyches. And the more I anger them with that knowledge, the more I know I'm in the right.

I think you should completely redo this guy. It looks like a guy in a robe, standing IN a horse with birds wings coming out of it's butt. Yes, he is standing in it. His right leg actually pierces the body of the horse. It's going to take a lot of work to reconstruct an accurate Polish Hussar from this. In other words: looks nothing like a true 17th century hussar. I sent 2 megs of images to help you. I may have a few props to help you too, but I don't know how good POSER is it making custom armor from scratch.

Top Bottom