Receive "Memory allocation failure: Bad allocation"

Ma'Ji

Chieftain
I realize there are a few threads about this, but none seem to fix my problem.

1)I launch Civ4, load single player, and open my saved game.
2)Things work fine untill most units using gunpowder enter battle.
3)At this point units such as musketteers, riflemen, cavalry lock the game for a few seconds and then pop up message:"Memory allocation failure: Bad allocation". I notice that the opponents, who are still using melee wpns, are still working alright graphics wise. As soon as one of above units makes attack, CTD!

I have checked the virtual memory, even raised it so min-max= 3002(which is what the max was set at origanally w/ min of 1533.

My comp. is running winXP sp2, intel pentium 4 3.6Ghz, 1 GB RAM, Radeon dual x800 series video card, latest drivers.

I am including the save file, just look in the southern portion of map where my territories border indias: Inside indias borders is my cavalry unit who is ready to engage a maceman. The problem occurs as soon as my unit reacts.

Any help would be appreciated.

My guess is something wrong with your computer. Did you recentely upgrade any hardware on your computer? Did you build your computer yourself?

very likely bad RAM, look for a RAM Burn In Test on google and test it completly.

Nothin wrong with your RAM it's a bug which is going to be fixed with next patch. Try set graphics to low and disable effects.

Awesome, that lets us keep playing. Thank you, and thanks nlarson as well for the tip.

hi every one ,
the above problem happens to me alot both in civ4 an warlords :( .
will give the advice in the thread above ago .
thanks
wayne 101

it happens to me too: super pc with 4gb hi quality ram and bts updated

Top Bottom