Core Community Project (CCP) Compatablity

purplexus

Prince
Anyone Think that this is a good idea?

the CCCP is a SDK file while has combined all the other SDK files together (at least the more popular ones). This allows a greater ease and more expansion with modding. It will however though require proper coding with all your XML and Python files.
The Reason I am asking this is because I prefer to use the Domestic Advisor 12 Monkeys has created. As well I also like the tile thing he did too. Master Victory by Sevo makes playing this game a real challenge especially when playing Multiplayer. So for instance that is already three SDK's that I'd like to use. Now I am totally willing to help out on this if someone else also would like to go forward with this.

All that really needs to be done is get proper coding in place and away we go.

The other thing I'd like to incorporate is this....

Proper File management. Making files A heck of lot easier to find.
as well as not having to worry about if a file with the same name already does exist. I notice this most when you have units that say have a unique sound. If you wanted the sound to sound like an explosion.... You'd notice you couldn't use that wav/mp3 because there was already a file called explosion. Sure you could rename it to something else.... But wouldn't it be easier to include all the simple things in the same file folder and never have to worry about over writing another file.?

Speaking of Which check out how many files are in the unit sound folder... proper file management makes this a lot easier to find a file.

If you would be into this lemme know and we'll get started. This biggest headache is probally gonna be the Civilizationinfo.xml file and the TEXT.xml file so I'm already going to start on those ones first. All those cities are gonna require proper entries in both the Text.xml folder and the civinfos.xml They are also gonna have to have all 5 languages to support them.

Another reason I'd like to start this is... Because who knows.... In the next Expansion firaxis brings out... they may just want to include this mod. but only if it is done right.

Here is an Example of what the Text Code sahould look like....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Civ4GameText xmlns="http://www.firaxis.com">
<!-- ######################################### -->
<!-- ##### AN ORIGINAL CIV GOLD XML FILE ##### -->
<!-- ##### VERSION 3.0 ##### -->
<!-- ##### ##### -->
<!-- ##### ABORIGINES ##### -->
<!-- ######################################### -->

<!-- ### CIV FULL DESCRIPTION ###
<!-- ### CIV SHORT DESCRIPTION ###
<!-- ### CIV PEDIA ENTRY ###
<!-- ### CIV ADJECTIVE ###
<!-- ### CIV LEADER 1 ###
<!-- ### CIV LEADER 1 PEDIA ENTRY ###
<!-- ### CIV LEADER 1 DIPLOMACT FIRST CONTACT ###
<!-- ### CIV LEADER 2 ###
<!-- ### CIV LEADER 2 PEDIA ENTRY ###
<!-- ### CIV LEADER 2 DIPLOMACT FIRST CONTACT ###
<!-- ### CIV UNIQUE UNIT ###
<!-- ### CIV UNIQUE UNIT PEDIA ENTRY ###
<!-- ### CIV UNIQUE UNIT STRATEGY ###
<!-- ### CIV UNIQUE BUILDING ###
<!-- ### CIV UNIQUE BUILDING PEDIA ENTRY ###

<!-- ######################################## -->
<!-- ### ### -->
<!-- ### CITY TEXT FILES ### -->
<!-- ### ### -->

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PITJANTJATJARA</Tag>
<English>Pitjantjatjara</English>
<French>
<Text>Pitjantjatjara</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</French>
<German>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</German>
<Italian>
<Gender>Female</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</Italian>
<Spanish>
<Gender>Female</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</Spanish>
</TEXT>
.....include rest of the cities in same fashion.
..... all descriptions and pedia entries get at least the original 5 languages tags (easier for translators).
This is where I am going... this file would now be called GameTextInfos_Aborigines.xml
It would include all text that would be involved with the Aborigines
Anyone want to start at the bottom of the need to be done list. Please Do!... PM me if you are going to do it though please so we don't overlap.
All of the above descriptions and pedia entries are found in the various text files just copy and paste.

Files completed....

All Civ Specific Files are now Completed and Play Tested
CivilizationInfos.xml ---->(100%)

Files Being Worked On (1)

2 B Completed by NikNaks93
UniqueNamesUniqueUnitsInfos.xml --->once created will need to dipersed into correct Civ Specific Files

Files Need to be Done once NikNaks93 Has Finished
UnitInfos.xml

More Info to Come...
UnitInfos files completion will allow us to rip everything apart and begin the Plug And Play system.

I think it's a great idea. In retrospect, having separate text files for each civ is a good way to go. Initially I was worried about load times for all those files, but that's not what takes up the bulk of time in any case.

Right now things are a bit of a mess in those files. I simply haven't the time to take this on myself. We would need 2-3 more people dedicated to doing this (bearing in mind that we are trying to finish a few other side projects, as well for CIV Gold).

purplexus: I've very glad that your a fan of my project, I'll look into incorporating Sevo's Mastery Victory in the future. CustomDomesticAdvisor by 12Monkeys is in Python so its very easy to include.

Currently combining the CCCP with WLCivGold is quite easy, the fastest way is to take the CCCP Assets folder rename it CustomAssets and substitute it for your current CustomAssets folder, then just run CivGold as you normaly would. If you would rather keep CustomAssets empty then just merge the CCCP files in to CivGold, their are no conflicts I know of.

One of the great benifits of this will be the ability to create more varried and interesting Unique Buildings using the CCCP tags. DomPedro is working on Unit/Promotion tags which will open up lots of new Unit possibilities as well. Theirs also a big expantion in the Trait system, my Trait mod when its fully polished will have around 20 different Traits meaning every single leader could have a unique pairing of Traits

I think purplexus is on the right track with breaking up the Text files into Civ specific files, its a must when the lists are soooo huge, its also more modular and easier to maintain, differnt people could work on different ones without any messy merging. I would also recomend you add a version tag in the name to make things even easier to manage.

You might also be interested in hearing that the CCCP suports modular loading of many file types. It will search the whole XML directory for files matching the following patern "*_???.xml" ware ??? is the top level element and original name of the file so for example a "NewText_GameTextInfos.xml" will be loaded from anyware in the XML directory. All the files altered by CivGold are supported so its possible to add each Civ modularly. The only catch is that BuildingPlotSystem.xml isn't loaded by the Dll, its aparently read directly by the graphics engine so you will still need to have a reference their for any building to apear graphicaly in the game. Outside of that everything can be broken down into individual folders that can be added or removed by just draging and droping. I'll see if I cant find the time to create a demonstration using one a popular downloadable Civ. If your enthusiastic about the idea its probably something you could farm out to your fans as its just a lot of cut and paste work.

Wyz It will concern me that if I am Changing these files all around and yet you are working on other side projects..... are we going to clash?
What you will get from this is the exact same thing only properly coded and in a better format.

purplexus said:
Wyz It will concern me that if I am Changing these files all around and yet you are working on other side projects..... are we going to clash?
What you will get from this is the exact same thing only properly coded and in a better format.

First, thanks for taking the lead on this. :goodjob:

Second, no, we won't clash. As long as I know that this is the way we'll go, I'll simply add new content based on that format. So when I do the Huns, for instance, I'll use the format above. I think it's a cleaner way to go.

Can you email me the Aborigines file? I'll try to start at the bottom of the list, but I'll use yours as a template.

I usually dont play any of the Mod's downloaded from this site, I uses pieces of each. But what I did do was give a separate file for each civ, to make things easy on myself.

Anyway, I have seperate Civ Text files for:
Byzantium
Iroquois
Indonesia
Poland
Portugal
Phoenicia (not in civ gold yet)
Scotland.

Though they arent 100% compatible w/ civ gold. for example I have Polands UB being the Distillary.

if you want to use them I can edit them to be compatible and email them on their way.
SO if you want to count these as done.

I will correct the General CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file for the above civilization files. If we all follow the exact same format it should be a snap. The Hyphens and spaces between city names will be replaced by an underscore inthe Text Key in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file.

Here is a template i use for the Civs If you use the find and replace feature included in the mighty complicated Notepad (sarcasm included) it makes it easier. City 1 text key is lettered as A1 then B1,C1, etc City 27 is lettered as A2, B2, C2....X2 (50 cities)

The actual text you want to show up is numbered City 1 is 01, city 2 is 02
You'll get the format when you see it.

You might also have an easier format to use.

Thanks for the help !!!

Edgecrusher said:
Though they arent 100% compatible w/ civ gold. for example I have Polands UB being the Distillary.

Lol my father-in-law is Polish and yes he knows how to make moonshine....:lol:

Edgecrusher said:
I usually dont play any of the Mod's downloaded from this site, I uses pieces of each. But what I did do was give a separate file for each civ, to make things easy on myself.

Anyway, I have seperate Civ Text files for:
Byzantium
Iroquois
Indonesia
Poland
Portugal
Phoenicia (not in civ gold yet)
Scotland.

if you want to use them I can edit them to be compatible and email them on their way.
SO if you want to count these as done.

Can you make it even easier and fill them in the same way as the sample i attached above? Finding this to be a heck of a lot of work.

Edgecrusher said:
I forgot to mention, that I only have the tags for english, because i figured I didnt need the other languages.

What I have been doing is at least creating the space for the french, german, italian, and spanish languages by duplicating what i have for english.

A little copy and pasting not a lot of work...

Edgecrush Want to start with Thailand and go down?
Time is something I will have a bit more of I think/.

Thanks for volunteering..

P.S. How did the first 6 go...?

Top Bottom