Final Frontiers pbem

mustafathered

Warlord
This game is full.

Is it possible to play the Final Frontiers mod (BtS) as a pbem? If so, would anyone be interested?

I've never hosted before and my preferred format is some sort of team setup.

If no one else is interested by the end of the week, would you rather play against each other or possibly try us as a team against high difficulty level AI's?

I usually solo as prince / monarch, with much more success as prince with unmodded civ.

Hopefully, a couple others will express interest so this will be a non-issue.

I would like to play.
However I have no interest in playing the AI.

Final Frontiers can be done a pbem, even OCC

must load the mod to set up first

got room for one more ?

Well, there seem to be four now, which would be a good 2 v 2. bbfrancis, did you want to have no AI's at all? Do the rest of you have Ai or no AI opinions?

Also, settings? What size map for four if we go no AI's?

Has anyone developed an opinion on a preferred faction / "nation"?

2 x 2 ok

No AI
No Barbs

epic
noble

So people don't even want a 2 'person' AI team as well? That's going to take all of the fun and uncertainty out of [cough] stealth ship piracy [/cough], ah, I mean, certain, erm, diplomatic portions of the game. :)

I am sorry to hear that, failedreality. I invited some people from a Final Frontiers thread in the BtS forum. Hopefully we can get up to a 2 V 2 V 2 or more.

If failed is good to go in time, I propose that I would start the game on 10 August, Friday, in the evening EDT (eastern daylight time, same as NYC, NY, USA).

For team determination, how about keeping it simple and saying that teams are decided by order of interest in the thread. Right now, that puts myself and failedreality against bbfrancis and prext. If two more people show up there's our third team, and so on. I don't anticipate this getting bigger than 4 teams - in fact, how about a cap of 8 players, 4 teams?

Unless otherwise commented, I will go with prext's suggestions for settings, leave the rest as defaults and propose a size on 08 August based on the amount of people that show up. Discussion of size for 4, 6 and 8 players now would be appreciated though.

Looking forward to exploring the stars with you all!

if 6-8 players no need for AI

larger map if we have 8 players

random on the other settings

each team plays the same faction ?

aug 10 good for me

i have never done pitboss, mainly cause my security set up on the pc

if you all want to, dont let me stop ya

Top Bottom