Persian CKD TNH tank

Wolfshanze

CFC Historian
This is a Persian/Iranian CKD TNH tank reskin based on Sharick's Pz-38t model... reskin by Wolfshanze.

Actively building up their army between the two world wars, Iran sought armored vehicles. Between 1931 - 41, Iran purchased over 300,000 rifles, some 6,000 light and heavy machine guns, and about 350 cannon of various types. Turning to the purchase of armored vehicles, the Czech CKD AH-IV and the TNH was selected. The Iranian order initially was for 50 TNH light tanks. Purchased on August 17 1936, the TNH light tank was delivered to Iran in 1937. Fifty of these tanks and fifty of the AH-IV tankettes equipped the First and Second divisions of Imperial Iranian Ground Forces, twenty five of each type per division. These tanks were on active duty up to 1947.

Animations and Button are included in the download.

Download Here

For the Swedish version of this tank... click here.
For the Czech, Hungarian & Austrian versions of this tank... click here.

Ha, you really have joined the reskinning business, looking forward to more tanks from you ;)

Ha, you really have joined the reskinning business, looking forward to more tanks from you ;)
I'm running out of exported Czech tank ideas...

My Kingdom for a Pz-IVG and/or the Pz-IIIJ... two of the most widely exported tanks from Germany. I could reskin those two for quite a number of nations.

Of course, we don't have a single Pz-III of any model, and while we have two Pz-IV's (the Pz-IVF1 and Pz-IVH respectively), what I really need is the blasted Pz-IVG (or a Pz-IVF2, which looks nearly identical). :sad:

Tweaking either of the existing Pz-IV models to an 'F2' or 'G' model should (in theory) be easy, but alas, I lack the skills to do so.

Tweaking either of the existing Pz-IV models to an 'F2' or 'G' model should (in theory) be easy, but alas, I lack the skills to do so.

Yeah, me too. I did tried to tweak them for over an hour, but Sceneviewer kept crushing on me - or was messed up in-game. We need some "heavier" guys at these.

Can you reskin the Japanese tank I requested? =)
Oh now who are you buttering up to? You never requested any reskinning from me! :lol:

I think you're confusing me with somebody else... plus my reskinning skills are very limited... I can't change the look of anything (make one tank model look like a differant tank model)... I can (at best) only change the paint job on an existing model... ie: change a German paint job to a Swedish paint job or a Persian paint job.

I'm no hip youngster living in a dorm with a Mac... I'm a grumpy old man with a PC and I just learned how to use this thing called "the internet", so be thankful I can even reskin anything!

The best asset I can provide are the rows of bookcases in my study where I just happen to know what each and every nation used for tanks and planes during WWII. If I can match an exported tank with a nation, and we have an existing Civ4 model for it... I can probably make it... but I can't turn one type of tank into a different type of tank with just a reskin... not with my abilities anyways.

Speaking of exports... WWII was no different then today's world... only the providers were different. Most of the tanks and aircraft used in 3rd-world nations today come from the "big powers" of America, Russia, England and France. During WWII, 3rd-world countries did the same, but tack-on the Germans, Czechs & Italians as big exporters as well, and you can pretty much make tanks for any nation that used them during WWII.

Truth of the matter is we need more Jap tanks... one isn't enough... I'd really like to see the Type-3 Chi-Nu or the Type-89 Otsu.

Of course, we don't have a single Pz-III of any model
I really don't understand the aversion to the Panzer III. It was heavily produced and was a better tank killer than the Panzer IV, plus hugely exported, yet it is heavily neglected in many WWII games. Even Red Orchestra only has one PzKpfw III version, while the PzKpfw IV has three version represented.
Perhaps people think "Oh, four is higher than three, so the PzKpfw IV must be better", but that doesn't explain why we have a PzKpfw II. :sad:

Perhaps people think "Oh, four is higher than three, so the PzKpfw IV must be better", but that doesn't explain why we have a PzKpfw II. :sad:
Smitty needed a "light tank" for his Modern Warfare mod! :groucho:

I'm no hip youngster living in a dorm with a Mac... I'm a grumpy old man with a PC and I just learned how to use this thing called "the internet", so be thankful I can even reskin anything!
I guess I'm that hip youngster. ;) ;)

And looking fabulous Wolf! I mean that sincerely! :thumbsup:

And looking fabulous Wolf! I mean that sincerely! :thumbsup:
Pfft... twas no tribble at all. A cheap Paint Shop Pro trick. I know there are far more skilled folks on this board then me. I'm just trying to fill holes that are still left where I can that nobody has paid attention to. Most of the major powers (except probably Japan) already have tanks pretty well covered... but the more minor powers still need work... and most of them just need some reskins of existing tanks... if I could only get my hands on a Panzer-IVG or a Pz-IIIJ.

looks good for a cheap Paint Shop Pro trick :)
Thanks... really though, took me less then five minutes to spit this one out. Change the color hue from grey to yellow... clone Royal Iranian Guard logo from picture to model.

is there already a czech version? (not the "german export version") ;)
Not to my knowledge... so far as I know there is the original panzer-grey German Pz38t model and then my reskins for Sweden and Persia.

I was thinking of working on all the export versions first, then moving on to another tank.

But yeah... guess I should do the Skoda LtVz.38 at some point!

Maybe then I'll do the Hungarian 38.M Toldi...

Very cool... Hey Wolfshanze, carrying to make some futuristic units for my mod? If yes, PM me

Top Bottom