Can I do X, if I do Y, and will that mean forgoing Z?

Abaddon

Deity
Have you been in a situation where your choice cuts off certain options, but opens up new ones?

How did you evaluate what option to choose, and what new options did it open up to you?

I personally have chosen to return to college to learn Agriculture. This is obviously opening the path of farming into my life. It is forgoing the path the persuit of science which my Zoology degree had afforded me. An I still unsure if this was a wise choice.

Every day. In freecell.

:yawn:

Thanks for the [insert"witty"spamremark]

Can we now [/insert"witty"spamremark] and get some intellegent replies?

-✩-;6853100 said:
Have you been in a situation where your choice cuts off certain options, but opens up new ones?

How did you evaluate what option to choose, and what new options did it open up to you?

I personally have chosen to return to college to learn Agriculture. This is obviously opening the path of farming into my life. It is forgoing the path the persuit of science which my Zoology degree had afforded me. An I still unsure if this was a wise choice.

Eugh. 1 year into farming and i am really unsure. I am NOT enjoying a lot of this job. But is it simply because I am back on the bottom rung again? I mean once you have the knowledge and experience.. management pays well.

Should i tough it out, inherit the family farm, or abandon ship and look back at science?

I'd probably pick science over farming. If those were the 2 realistic choices. For many people farming is a way of life. For others it's a living, and a hard one at that. For still others it's unending drudgery. You have to decide which category it falls in for you. But if it's not a way of life that you want, the sooner you get beck to an education the better of you'll be.

Physics, Chemistry, or Biology? The first option was shot down by it being my lowest mark in the last year of high-school (I really did want to get into physics, though). I thought chemistry was boring, and picked biology (Now that I see some aspects of what chemists study, I have some doubts about that decision). But biology does offer the chance of research that has a high chance of helping people and the study of life itself. And with the Human Genome Project still yet to yield its bounty, long-term job prospects aren't that bad.

I did a Zoology Degree myself...

-✩-;6853100 said:

Make a list of pros and cons.

If you can't write in the correct syntax, I think that agriculture is a better choice than science

Zoology//Science

Pro's:

+Belief i'm doing the optimum with my life
+Real chance to change whats around me
+Regular hours/pay
+Interest in job

Con's:

-Low pay, initially, an prolonged
-stuck in a lab?
-Jumping through hoops to get the research grants
-lack of independance
-hard to get into

Farming//Agriculture

Pro's:

+Easy entry
+Decent wage
+Family farm to inherit
+Really is a beautiful farm/house etc
+life, sorted
+Get another year living close to Lizzie

Con's:

-Long tough hours
-At mercy of Market
-Doesn't interest me
-feel im dumbing down

Life's all about choices, but in this case couldn't you do both/more at the same time?

Zoology, agriculture, and tack on veterinary science/medicine for good measure. The whole shebang to do with a family farm. :dunno:

Opportunity cost. It's a basic concept in beginning economics courses. If I spend all my money on X, I can't buy Y. If I spend all my time doing Z, I can't do A. How is this a difficult idea? Uneducated much?

Opportunity cost. It's a basic concept in beginning economics courses. If I spend all my money on X, I can't buy Y. If I spend all my time doing Z, I can't do A. How is this a difficult idea? Uneducated much?

No need to be so condescending; making up for something? :p

Do you have a master in zoology?

Personally I wouldn't rather do anything that doesn't interests me or makes me feel dumbed down.
But it's of course your choice, Slozenger ehh Abaddon, eehh -star- ehh Abaddon.

Top Bottom