RtW: Add-On Pack 3 BETA for 3.17

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Hi all,

Well I thought of having this as a limited BETA, but in the end decided an open BETA would be much better. Allows more bugs to be caught. :)

BETA3 comes in one flavour:
1. FULL: Delete the whole Road to War folder and start again (407 meg)

Changes:
- Chamboozer's UnitStats
- Influence Driven War

BETA3 Download:
FULL: http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/RtW_AOP3_BtS3.17_BETA3.zip
MAPS UPDATE (Required): Attached file to this post. Unzip to "The Road to War" folder.

BETA2 Download:
FULL: http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/RtW_AOP3_BtS3.17_BETA2.zip

BETA1 Download:
http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/RtW_AOP3_BtS3.17_BETA.zip

Please post any issues with this version here.

Thanks
Dale
:)

Huzzah! Downloading now...

Has the CTD for loading saved games been fixed as of Add On Pack 3?

:woohoo: There's my friday night gone :D

Great work converting it this fast! :goodjob:

Has the CTD for loading saved games been fixed as of Add On Pack 3?

I can only assume so as I haven't had a crash yet. Plus, that's what YOU can test for. ;)

Hi,Dale I've just played a game as Mao on the 1936 pacific map and I think Mao should start with some artillery in order to take some cities faster because now it's pretty impossible to win with him (i played on warlord level)
I was able to take a city but it costed me half my troops and then it was very hard to keep control of my two cities because Chiang Kai check had some planes and artillery.
Great mod anyway and many thanks for all your work :)

Ok this is not right at all lol. I don't know why no one else pointed this out. THERES NO CVGAMCORE.DLL FOLDER!!!!

Because it's BETA and I haven't finished it.

Well depending on bugs, I will probably need to change the DLL file.

Besides, I've never uploaded the source code with any BETA version. Only FINALS. :)

So what will be missing from gameplay because of the missing modded CVgamecore.dll?

The DLL is NOT missing, only the source code for it. Sangeli was only pointing out the fact I hadn't included the source code in the BETA. :)

I've noticed that Hitler has a very hard time getting access to oil in the beggining of the game. I had to go through the balkans, france, turkey, British Arabia, and Persia before finally securing a permanent source. While it doesn't really make it hard to win, it does make sure everyone in the world will hate you by the time you can make a decent army.

Okey i am currently playing global map as hirohito. I did not notice any true bugs but theese might be bugs... or just AI stupidy.

:eek::eek::eek: Ok that was weird... Rebublic of china just "lost" somehow 70% of its power in 2 turns! and they were not in war against anyone. I think that what happened was that AI eliminated all of its troops because he did not have enough money.

Weird its year 1946 and There is no war between peoples china or rebublic china. There was no war from start either so this might be a bug.

:lol: That was funny. I think you need to edit the events especially thoose with religions. I also had marriage in democracy tradition in my game also. And also it was weird that capital of peoples china was also holy city of neutral religion :crazyeye:

Btw theese all bugs were for Global scenario!

Then also Germany and Japan start with no oil. As japan oil is near in china but for germany getting oil is very hard. Also germany seems to be alot weaker in this global map than in the europe scenario. But still Gj with the global map. Its much more fun than europe map and i havent even been in war yet.

I think it is a very good thing that Germany begins without oil, but it needs to be easier to convince Democratic countries to trade you for it, at least before the wars begin.

Hi,Dale I've just played a game as Mao on the 1936 pacific map and I think Mao should start with some artillery in order to take some cities faster because now it's pretty impossible to win with him (i played on warlord level)
I was able to take a city but it costed me half my troops and then it was very hard to keep control of my two cities because Chiang Kai check had some planes and artillery.
Great mod anyway and many thanks for all your work :)

This is historically accurate. Mao had a very hard time holding onto his small land area before the war, and during the war was able to grab more lands which helped to lead him to victory after WW2.

I won't be changing that. :)

Weird its year 1946 and There is no war between peoples china or rebublic china. There was no war from start either so this might be a bug.

Yep bug. Thanks for pointing out. The two Chinas should be at war at the start of the 36' Global scenarios.

Then also Germany and Japan start with no oil. As japan oil is near in china but for germany getting oil is very hard. Also germany seems to be alot weaker in this global map than in the europe scenario. But still Gj with the global map. Its much more fun than europe map and i havent even been in war yet.

Woops! Oversight. Both Germany and Japan should start with oil. I'm can't believe I missed it. :lol:

Am playing the Global Scenario as the UK. Am now in mid-1938 and have some observations:

1. North Sea oil for UK? Didn't England have to import their oil at that time? Maybe accurate, but this gives England a huge game advantage: even if they lose every colony they can park their enormous navy on that oil platform and still be fine.

2. Large cities with unrealistic clout: Manaus, Brazilia? Haven't investigated these in detail, but they're both on the top-5 list. I thought Brazilia wasn't even founded until later though I could be wrong, still Brazil's largest cities were likely the ones on the coast (Rio, Sao Paolo).

3. Big production for UK in Khartoum, Lagos, and Delhi (and Africa/India in general). Maybe it is just that I am 'rewriting history' by building factories there, but in game terms it seems these cities are unrealistically powerful productionwise at least early on. Granted, they should have large populations, but should they have huge munitions production early on? Possible solutions: remove some of the initial infrastructure bldgs, make surrounding tiles unworked so that workers must improve them for production, a bit of both. As it stands now, I am creating a huge army in Africa and in India without any production assistance from England, which seems a bit unbalanced.

4. Africa is perhaps too developed tile-wise. There is little jungle. There are railroads over much of the continent which, while probably effectively accurate, makes it seemingly too easy to move large armies over what was otherwise diffcult terrain even for modern units. As above, the solution could be to undevelop some of the tiles, change some of the railroads to roads.

Top Bottom