Civ color

Steph

Multi Many Tasks man
Retired Moderator
I have a question regarding civ colors.

They are located in arts\units\palette.

There are several files here (32) each image is "empty" except it contains a palette.

Question 1: what is the use of the otp files? I thought onlyt the ntp files were useful.

Question 2: in these files, what is the palette that defines the color as it should appear in the editor, civilization page?
I want to have this color loaded dynamically in the editor.

I suppose it is index 6 in the palette (starting at 0).

I'm wondering what would happen if we add a ntp32.pcx file in this folder... Of course, the editor allows only 32 colors. So it can't be used... But suppose an editor would be able to handle more files, and to save it in the file... Would the game be able to load a 33rd color? I'll let you know tomorrow ;)

Steph said:
There are several files here (32) each image is "empty" except it contains a palette.
Actually it is not empty, the file is only 1 pixel x 1 pixel zoom waaaaaayyyyyy in.
Here is one at 3200% zoom.

On the opt files I have no idea, if you replace the npt files with custom ones you get custom colors for your civ's.
From Rhye
The first row contains the shades of the main colour.
RGB combination with index n.6 contains the colour that will be shown in the editor when placing a starting location or when assigning a colour to a civ.

I don't understand much of it myself, but Rhye once posted a tutorial - it probably says a few things BadKharma already pointed out, but it might be a bit broader:

Well, I pushed a wrong button, and now I can't upload it again, of course *sigh*, not even when I give it a different name. You might want to look at Rhye's thread; the tutorial is still there.
EDIT: it's here after all, great! Forget this particular post.

Top Bottom