Axioms to help you play Fall From Heaven

Bill Bisco

Callous Calling
With the wake of a somewhat more dangerous AI, I think its important to inform everyone on the forums, some helpful axioms to aid you in winning a game of Fall From Heaven. Following these axioms, are a key to success in your games.

1. To win, you must have Chalid

2. To avoid losing, you must kill Chalid

3. The world is conquered at the speed of Chalid

4. Against Large stacks, the solution is always Chalid

5. Against small stacks, the solution is always Chalid

6. Against anything, the solution is always Chalid

7. Whatever the problem is, the solution is more Chalid

8. Horse Archers are Chalid's best friends

9. Units that aren't as fast or faster than Chalid, can't help Chalid

10. Don't invest in economics, invest in Chalid-nomics

11. The only solution to Chalid is fireballs, more fireballs, and Fire Elementals

12. To Kill Chalid: Dragons, Meshabber and Crown of Ashkarein are your friends

Chalid and Sidar: Unlikely combination, bounteous Great People

14. Chalid and Sidar: Unlikely combination, Full supporter of Chalid-nomics

15. Chalid and Kuriotates: A likely combination ... too overpowered NOT to try at least once

16. Chalid and Calabim: More Powerful but unnecessary

Chalid and Firebows: Long time in the making, short time in the taking

Really? Really? Was this Truly Necessary? I can think of a number of things that can beat chalid. Number 1 on the list - eliminate thy enemies, LONG before Chalid. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last game that I wasn't messing around that even lasted long enough to GET Chalid.

-Colin

1 Chalid is overrated, and Pillar of Fire not that lore appropriate for him.

2 If you don't like how part of the game works, mod it.

I cant decide whether you think chalid is overpowered or if you really really like him enough to spend alot of time making this thread. Yvain is basically a healing/terraforming version of Chalid without the one AOE spell.

In a perfect world, any seemingly Over-powered mechanic will be Over-rated ... and using Chalid in a position of ultimate defeat (you are all but defeated) then yea, it won't work.

The use of Chalid completely changes the game. Once he is built, if he is not defeated he will ultimately turn the tide of the war completely in his user's favor.

If you don't have Chalid (and he is used by a human opponent) you have to hit him with everything you've got, with as much direct and indirect damage spells/ catapults as you can find. It makes Nox Noctis look like a child's play-thing, and I hear some people file complaints about the Nox regularly.

Not winning a game with Chalid is kind of like not winning a quiz-bowl or spelling bee when you know all the questions and memorized all the answers.

bill bisco topic

Not winning a game with Chalid is kind of like not winning a quiz-bowl or spelling bee when you know all the questions and memorized all the answers.

Unless you get dogpiled, or lose Chalid on ~98% odds, or have a much worse starting position than your opponent, or all 3 of the above. *grumble*

I cant decide whether you think chalid is overpowered or if you really really like him enough to spend alot of time making this thread. Yvain is basically a healing/terraforming version of Chalid without the one AOE spell.

No, I'm responding to all complaints about AI or deadly AI stacks. You have an obvious Solution and his name is Chalid.

1 Chalid is overrated, and Pillar of Fire not that lore appropriate for him.

2 If you don't like how part of the game works, mod it.

Lore Appropriate or not is unrelated to the topic. 2 is unrelated to the topic.

Chalid is not overrated. Try winning a Deity game some time. :)

actually, getting a worse starting position than your opponent, usually does not lead to defeat.

And I realize what you are talking about, and it would be nice to see you in multiplayer again as there are no more grievous OOS issues.

Anyways, you lost Chalid on the attack, across a river .... you don't know how many lv 7+ confessors I have lost to a 99% river crossing in MP.
and either way ... its usually best to keep Chalid some-what safe, and surrounded with a healthy supply of mobile troops.

Kinda hard to do that as Khazad tho ... I guess ;)

On the other hand, Chalid can be matched by the khazid (and lurchip), not once, but four times over (and doing physical damage instead of fire, which is even better). All you need is 4 empy priests (maybe a few extra, just in case), and upgrade them to dwarven druids. Yeah, they only get 1 earth mana affinity, but they get crown of fire, and crush, everything that you say makes chalid OP. The only thing they are missing is the hero promotion and the ability to use sun and law spells. Hey, you can even rebuild them if one dies too. You might want to switch to CoE or OO afterwards though, just so you can get someone with dispell magic... moar earth mana :)

-Colin

I would pose the question, "If Chalid and Chuck Norris fought...", but based on the OP, I would have to conclude that Chalid IS Chuck Norris!

also

11. The only solution to Chalid is fireballs, more fireballs, and Fire Elementals

12. To Kill Chalid: Dragons, Meshabber and Crown of Ashkarein are your friends

you forgot angels. (immune to holy, halve fire). This is actually pretty important in high level SP. It's rare not to have to face Basium at some point.

Lore Appropriate or not is unrelated to the topic. 2 is unrelated to the topic.

Chalid is not overrated. Try winning a Deity game some time. :)

One: I somehow doubt with Magister's expertise that he can't win a Deity game. Two, more importantly, number two IS related to the topic. It's a game, in most cases (such as this one) the point of which is to have fun. Things to help you have fun playing Fall from Heaven can EASILY include modding it if you don't like it. Nothing in the subject says it all has to relate to Chalid.

IE for the Amurites:
1: If you can't kill it, use more fireballs.
2: If that doesn't work, add more fireballs.
3: If fireballs can't succeed, apply Maelstrom, Whither, and/or several other summon spells.
4: If at first you don't succeed, Tower of Mastery may be for you.

1 Go Aristograrian

2 Don't feed the bears ( Emptiness Docet )

3 As Shatner wisely pointed out, there's no problem you can't solve by feeding it a diet high on demagogues ( axemen, champion )

People who rely on Chalid tend to rely on Chalid too much. Once you got Chalid out of the way, the Chalid-user will crumble.

The issue is not Chalid, but direct damage. It rules this game. In single player, its practically necessary to even have a chance at victory. Early conquest can be won with strength of arms (out metaling and xp-ing your rivals) but the late game mess doesn't seem winnable without something to weaken the AI hordes.

One: I somehow doubt with Magister's expertise that he can't win a Deity game. Two, more importantly, number two IS related to the topic. It's a game, in most cases (such as this one) the point of which is to have fun. Things to help you have fun playing Fall from Heaven can EASILY include modding it if you don't like it. Nothing in the subject says it all has to relate to Chalid.

IE for the Amurites:
1: If you can't kill it, use more fireballs.
2: If that doesn't work, add more fireballs.
3: If fireballs can't succeed, apply Maelstrom, Whither, and/or several other summon spells.
4: If at first you don't succeed, Tower of Mastery may be for you.

No, #2 is NOT related the topic. Telling someone to go mod the game if they don't like it is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to looking at the reality of the current game and finding solutions to win.

And where exactly do you get that Magister has expertise in playing the game? I would love to see him beat a full-fledged Deity Pangea game without Chalid.

And where exactly do you get that Magister has expertise in playing the game? I would love to see him beat a full-fledged Deity Pangea game without Chalid.
Magister Cultuum is great for building an Acadamy, settling in a city or bulbing a technology.

I'll let him answer himself, but I don't know if he even plays the game unmodded. I think he mods the game more than he plays it. Also, you can't ignore all the time he spends explaining the lore on the forum, or his understanding of it. Also, when you are inside Kael's head, there must be many more interesting things to do besides playing FfH2. And Kael only plays on Noble to my understanding. :p

Top Bottom