A Tank for Every Civ in BTS

snafusmith

Unit Maker
This tank pack includes a tank for every civ in BTS (yes, all 34!).

Spoiler :

1. America - M4 Sherman
2. Arabia - M3 Stuart
3. Aztec - M3 Stuart
4. Babylon - T34/85
5. Byzantine - BT-2
6. Carthage - T34
7. Celts - Valentine
8. China - PzKpfw II Ausf C
9. Egypt - M4 Sherman
10. England - Churchill MkIV
11. France - Renault R35
12. Germany - PzKpfw VI Tiger I
13. Greece - Vickers 6 Ton
14. Holy Rome - Turan II
15. Inca - LT vz.38 (Pz38t)
16. India - M4 Sherman
17. Japan - Type 95 Ha-Go
18. Zulu - Valentine

19. Khmer - L6/40
20. Korea - M4 Sherman
21. Mali - T34
22. Maya - Nahuel DL43 (Argentine Tank)
23. Mongolia - BT-2
24. Native American - M3 Stuart
25. Dutch - Vickers 6 Ton
26. Ottoman - M3 Stuart
27. Persia - LT vz.38 (Pz38t)
28. Portugal - Vickers 6 Ton
29. Rome - L6/40
30. Russia - T34/85
31. Spain - T-26
32. Sumer - T34
33. Vikings - LT vz.38 (Pz38t)
34. Ethiopia - T34/85 (Not pictured)

Buttons and XML code is included (for art defines only).

DOWNLOAD HERE

Enjoy!
-Smitty

You've made a really huge and good job :thumbsup:

I have been waiting for this since you announced it a while back, and I'm very pleased with the results. :goodjob:

Are we going to see "A MODERN tank for every civ in BtS"? :mischief:

What are the Mayans doing with an Argentine tank?

Good work snafusmith, these look great.

I'm planning on using some of the units out of this tank pack plus some of your previous unit artwork in my WWII mod. Thanks for all the hard work.

Do I need to ask permission before using your unit art?

@All - Glad you like 'em. I've been working on these for a long time (in some form or another for nearly a year), and I figured I better get them out there for everyone to use now that it's 2010.

@General Tso - You can always use any of my units in mods, that's what they're there for.

@MadmanOfALeader - The Mayan get an Argentine tank because I couldn't think of any other one to give them. For those nations that never stayed around long enough to develop them, I picked real-life tanks as best as I could for them. I never could figure out which country to represent the Mayans, so they'll end up getting whatever I feel like.

@The Capo - "A MODERN tank for every civ in BtS?" Yes. That and one for fighters, bombers, and everything else. I'm hoping to make a pack like this for every vehicle set in the game, even though I know it'll probably take me forever. I'm not sure if my next set will be modern tanks or fighters. I've been spending so much time on armor, I'll probably go fighters.

Happy New Year!
-Smitty

@The Capo - "A MODERN tank for every civ in BtS?" Yes. That and one for fighters, bombers, and everything else. I'm hoping to make a pack like this for every vehicle set in the game, even though I know it'll probably take me forever. I'm not sure if my next set will be modern tanks or fighters. I've been spending so much time on armor, I'll probably go fighters.

Happy New Year!
-Smitty

Awesome news! And Happy New Year to you too.

@ Madman; just give the Maya the same tank as the Aztecs, it isn't that big of a deal and they were both basically centrally located in Mexico (although the Maya did have cities outside of modern Mexico).

I wonder where all those Central American dictators got their tanks.

@Panopticon, The Capo, & MadmanOfALeader:

You guys have thought along the same lines as I have... for the most part I try and go geographically to represent what civ they would have evolved into (Zulu - South Africa, Aztec - Mexico, etc). Part of my goal was to make each civ unique in its own right. I'd made the DL43 a while back, and frankly wanted to find a use for it, that's how the Maya got it as their tank. For other unit classes though, I tried to think of aircraft/tanks that in general weren't used often - what's the point of having 20 civs have Shermans, or T-34s? It doesn't add much variety.

The Maya modern armor will be the US M26 Pershing (in a more subdued blue/red/grey camo). Their fighter the P-36 Hawk, bomber B-10, mech infantry M-8 greyhound, and gunship UH-1 huey. For those odd civs, I just pick what seems natural.

Attached is the spreadsheet I'm working off of. If you guys have requests on that, I'll try and do those first. I think for now, I might release units individually then link all the posts together. That way people can use the units quicker, and I don't feel bad for hogging stuff :).

The next unit I'm working on is the Hawker Hurricane. I realize that it's been made before in multiple skins, but I enjoy making units, and I haven't made it before. Here's a preview of it partially skinned:

-Smitty

Attachments

• Units.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 247
I'd like to ask you to, if possible, make skins for the actual civs rather than the countries they evolve into. It is a little selfish on my part, but a lot of these countries I have made modules for in my mod. And my mod is fully flavored. So it would be a bit better if the Mayans and Mexicans were both in a game and went to war with different markings on their units. I don't mind if the units are the same necessarily, so long as the symbols and stuff on them are different.

If you don't want to go in that direction, of course, that is your prerogative.

Thanks Snafusmith - I'll use them in my mod as well.

How do I add these units? I added the XML from the M24 tank and changed the name on/in it to Tank Pack, however, the M24 Tank Mod doesn't load so neither does the Tank Pack Mod. Am I missing something?

I'd really love to see a Mod with units from the Indian army and its opponents, I love that Indian Sherman model, the Indian "Upgunned Sherman" re armed with a French 75mm high velocity gun copied from the German Panther Tank was still being used effectively against Pakistani M47 Patton tanks in 1965!

India became independant of Britain in 1948.

Units would be:

India: Indian Sherman or possably "upgunned Sherman" with the gun from the German Panzer and "ambush" promotion, Centurion tank, BMP2, Hawker Tempest, Mrirage 2000, Mig21, T55, there is no AMX13 model so a sustitute would be the AMX10RC model.

Pakistan: M4 Sherman, M24 Tank, M48 Patton tank, Spitfire, F86 Sabre, Jeep, Ineed to do a bit more research on other vehicles and aircraft Pakistan used but early stuff was mostly British and 60's stuff was mostly US while modern stuff is a mixture of Russian/Chinese stuff.

Portugal: Not entirely sure about what Portugal had in the 1060's.

France: France handed over is territory in India without any trouble.

China: T34, T55, Mig21, Su7B, India and China went to war in 1962 over disputed territory, China had a larger, better organized army and got the best of it, promting their ally Pakistan to attack India in 1965, a big mistake as India had initiated a full scale military build up.

Bangladesh: M24 Tank, T55, F86 Sabre, BMP2, Jeep, Bangladesh was formed from "East Pakistan" after the 1971 war using what was left of the defeated Pakistani army.

The next unit I'm working on is the Hawker Hurricane. I realize that it's been made before in multiple skins, but I enjoy making units, and I haven't made it before.

That would be great! I already have two hurricanes in my mod, but another one would still be welcomed. I use the different skins to indicate different models of the same plane. Mk1, Mk2 etc...

Do you have any plans on making a german 88mm anti-tank gun? I already have the 88mm anti-aircraft gun, but am in need of the AT version for my mod.

Top Bottom