Soviet Cold War Armored Car: BRDM-2

snafusmith

Unit Maker
Here is the Soviet Cold War armored car, the BRDM-2. Included are skins for the Soviet Union, Ethiopia and Iraq (Sumer or Babylon, I use it for Sumer).

The BRDM-2 has unique animations, please make sure you link to the correct files in your XML. The download includes unit button.

DOWNLOAD HERE

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Nice ! Didn't expect a new unit from you this soon :)

Yeah, I'm trying to get back to the good old days before Civ5 comes out. Gotta make sure Civ4 has enough stuff. I won't be going back to the days of a unit every day or so, but maybe at least once a week. I've had some time off lately, which is why you see another so soon.

Nice, I've honestly been wanting this unit for months now!

I need to know the polycount and texture size though before I know I can grab it. I know you normally take care to keep things within good specs, but I just have to ask to make sure.

Nice, I've honestly been wanting this unit for months now!

I need to know the polycount and texture size though before I know I can grab it. I know you normally take care to keep things within good specs, but I just have to ask to make sure.

Glad you like it. The unit has 1,100 polys and a 256x256 texture. The model is one of my older ones that I re-mapped, re-skinned and re-animated. It should be fine for most systems.

Cool, will definitely be using this model then. Also I must make a request, could you release one that doesn't have national markings? I'd like to use this model as an ethnic variant for alot of nations, as the only models I now have are an American one, and now a Russian one. Works perfectly for the whole cold war split and adds an aesthetic quality for sure, but it would be odd having a Chinese cold war APC with Soviet/Iraqi/Ethiopan markings for instance. :deal:

Cool, will definitely be using this model then. Also I must make a request, could you release one that doesn't have national markings? I'd like to use this model as an ethnic variant for alot of nations, as the only models I now have are an American one, and now a Russian one. Works perfectly for the whole cold war split and adds an aesthetic quality for sure, but it would be odd having a Chinese cold war APC with Soviet/Iraqi/Ethiopan markings for instance. :deal:

I plan to make a mechanical infantry, modern armor, mobile SAM and mobile artillery for every nation, similar to my tank pack that includes a tank for every civ in BtS. The only difference here is that I'm posting them separately (and quicker) than just in one pack. I'm going to make some more skins for the BRDM-2, I'll include a general one (w/ teamcolor) so you can use it for any other civ.

At some stage could you post them in separate threads?
One thread contains all: Mechanical Armour
Another One Modern Armour,
Another Mobile SAM,
Another one for Mobile Artillery.
It would just make them neater and easier to find as they are released. Just a thought...

Top Bottom