ZNES - A New World

Dexter

Emperor
ZNES - A New World (Officially Closed)
Introduction:
ZNES is heavily based upon the excellant UKNES model, I've created an entirely new map for the game but taken alot of rules ideas used by the UKNES and JNES games and incorporated them to hopefully create a successful and enjoyable NES. Hopefully this one can last aslong as the UKNES series :D

Story:
The year is 1650 and the begining of a new era of global expansion. Eight major nations arise in the battle to becom the most powerful nation on the planet. Each nation will need a leader with diplomatic and military tact to survive in this cut-throat world. Are you ready to take up the challenge? ;)

Rules:
**Orders are to be PMed to me. Updates will be one every two days.**

Movement:
Each unit can only move one Province/Sea per turn. This movement includes:
- Embarking and disembarking from a fleet (Costs the fleet no movement points)
- Attacking
If a ship enters a Sea with Islands that have no Province number the Nations fleet claims the island for the country. Each Island is worth 1C per turn and cannot have anything more than a Town built in themw hich raises the Islands income to 3C per turn.
New Units CANNOT attack but can move to another Province or board a fleet.

Combat:
Each unit kills at 5 or below on a twelve sided dice. Different technologies will improve the units kill value.
Combat will work in this order:
- The attacker will roll first and continue rolling until it is either killed or rolls a higher number than required to kill the enemy unit.
- The defender will roll after every attackers roll in a bid the kill the Attacker. The defender will only roll after evry tim ean attacker rolls.
I hope this system works better and makes sense :D

- There is no bombardment
- There is no militia

Technologies:
Muskets Costs: 20C
- Armies kill at 6 or below on a 12 sided dice

Cannons Costs: 20C
- Fleets kill at 6 or below on a 12 sided dice

Rifles Costs: 30C
- Armies kill at 7 or below on a 12 sided dice

Barrel Cannons Costs: 30C
- Fleets kill at 7 or below on a 12 sided dice

Replaceable Parts Costs: 50C
- Armies kill at 8 or below on a 12 sided dice

Steel Hulls Costs: 50C
- Fleets kill at 8 or below on a 12 sided dice

Income:
Each Province has an income of 3 Credits; a Town in a Province generates 5 Credits. Islands raise 1C per turn and 3C witha Town. Your capital starts with a Town and Military Command Centre.

Upkeep:
Each province can support 2 Units. Each Province with a Town can support 4 Units. Each Province with a Military Command Centre can support 6 Units. Obviously I've gotta thank UKNemesis for this idea, in my opinion this is probably the best idea for a unit support system in NES's. :D

Units:
Armies - Cost 3C
Fleets - Cost 5C

Buildings:
Towns Cost: 10C
Increases a Provinces income to 5C per turn

Barracks Cost: 12C
Allows a Province to build Armies

Docks Cost: 12C
Allows a Province to build Fleets

Military Command Centre Cost: 25C
Increases each Unit in that Provinces defence by 1 point and allows you to build any unit. MUST HAVE A TOWN AND BARRACKS/DOCKS IN THE PROVINCE FIRST TO BUILD THIS

You do NOT need units in a Province to build buildings :D

Nations:

Rome (Red)
Leader: Kennelly

Germany (Blue)
Leader: Naervod

Ottoman Empire (Purple)
Leader: Toasty

Russia (Grey)
Leader: RoddyVR

England (Orange)
Leader: UKNemesis

Egypt (Yellow)
Leader: AnarchyRulz

France (Pink)
Leader: Heine

Greece (Green)
Leader: Erez87

If you have any questions relating to anything don't hesitate to ask :D
The first turn will happen when all nations are chosen, time goes forward in two months per turn starting in January 1650 :goodjob:

Attachments

• znes.gif
    znes.gif
    64.4 KB · Views: 104
New armies can't attack but can move :D Thanks for bringing that up. :goodjob:

Yeah you only start with 5C which you can sepdn however you like :D BTW, there is no banking limit.

Can we settle without armies or must if be with.

I'l join as Emporer Napoleon Bonparte of France (I know i am 100 years to early but I hope it's okay.

I'll be Otto von Bismark of Germany

repeat:
so can an army be built AND then move and claim a province all on the first turn?
or is claiming a province considered an attack?

map:
seas that have more then one island (most of them): is each island a 'settlable' location or is the 1c come from ALL the islands in ONE sea?

combat:
if i have replacable parts and my opponent has no land techs, and i attack him, but he rolls a 5(barely hits) and i roll a 6(an 8 would have hit). he rolled lower so he wins? that would make technology completely useless.
do we both kill a unit?
what if both sides roll 12?
what if both sides roll 1?

movement:
if i have a fleet in EVERY sea on the board, can a land unit jump from any shore to any other shore? or are that sort of convoys not allowed?
how many land units can a fleet cary?
i dont think it matters much, but if 2 nations send an army at the same time to the same UNCLAIMED territory, who is attacking and who is defending.

buildings:
can all 3 buildings be built in the same turn (town, barracks, and the military center)
if i build a military center the same turn that the province gets attacked, does the defender get the bonus? or does the building not get finished in time to be used in the defence?

i'll take russia.

Czar Durachinov ascends the throne of Russia and sais:
"HOLY MOLY, why does Russia control such a small territory?
every man, woman and child is hereby ordered to leave thier home and go find another one outside the current borders!"

his trusted advisor, Lord Council Roddy, wispers:
"you highness, that would leave Moscow completely empty, and we...um i mean YOU...would basicaly have no one to rule over"

Her highness, princess Krassa who is sitting close by hears the Council's wisper and is barely able to control herself enough not to laugh.

Czar Durachinov looks for a couple minutes as if he's using all his mental capacity and then declares:
"forget what i just said. Commision an army to go and settle on of our bordering terriotries.

i assume Russia is territory 29 (my video card sucks so i cant rely on colors), and my question is:
is territory 29 connected to territory 31 or do i gotta go to 30 first?

nice map by the way. some of the countries seem to be a little misplaced, but other then that its a very nice job of rearanging earth.

there is no territory 39???

I'll be Hadrian,Emperor of Rome.

I'll be England if it's still available lol.

Nemesis

To: Rome

I propose the following division of our continent: I will get 4,6,7,and 9 and you can get the rest.

Cool too bad I am too busy to join.

Ok I'm going to re-haul the Combat system because of the flaw that Roddy pointed out. I'm also going to change the upkeep system.

Now as for Questions:
repeat:
so can an army be built AND then move and claim a province all on the first turn?
or is claiming a province considered an attack?

Provinces are claimed by armies, if the Army enters an empty Province that is not counted as an attack.

map:
seas that have more then one island (most of them): is each island a 'settlable' location or is the 1c come from ALL the islands in ONE sea?

Ok only reasonable large islands will be worth 1C.

movement:
if i have a fleet in EVERY sea on the board, can a land unit jump from any shore to any other shore? or are that sort of convoys not allowed?
how many land units can a fleet cary?
i dont think it matters much, but if 2 nations send an army at the same time to the same UNCLAIMED territory, who is attacking and who is defending.

1. Units can board a fleet and exit it but cannot board another fleet while at Sea
2. A fleet can carry 4 Armies
3. Whichever army is larger claims the Province

buildings:
can all 3 buildings be built in the same turn (town, barracks, and the military center)
if i build a military center the same turn that the province gets attacked, does the defender get the bonus? or does the building not get finished in time to be used in the defence?

1. No not in the same province
2. The centre won't be built in time

Ok that should be all questions answered :D

As for the map it isn't meant to be the world but I guess I kinda ended up making a re-arranged earth. Oh well :goodjob:

The game will start now since it might be best to get things moving. The first update will come tommorrow around 8:00pm GMT.

Good-luck :D

Originally posted by RoddyVR
i assume Russia is territory 29 (my video card sucks so i cant rely on colors), and my question is:
is territory 29 connected to territory 31 or do i gotta go to 30 first?

nice map by the way. some of the countries seem to be a little misplaced, but other then that its a very nice job of rearanging earth.

Russia is territory 29 and is connected to 31 :D

Top Bottom