Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

OK,that worked.
AWESOME mod :goodjob:
You weren't kidding about enlarging the wonders:

I would believe whatever came out of that oracle!

And the visibility thing freaked me out at first.

After playing a couple (about 100) turns as Portugal, I decided to play again on settler instead of noble because noble was more overwhelming than I thought it would.

And got this start:

And I'm like, "Please don't be a one-tile island, please please please!"
Shoot.

So I decided to build as many wonders as possible. Huge wonders + one-tile-isle = "My markets and stuff are buried under Stonehenge, Oracle, Great Wall, Parthenon, etc! Ack!

hehe, let me guess: Map is VIP1_Earth2_NWStarts?

When I first saw this kind of starting position, after changing the mapscript, I thought it was a bug, then I saw it could be avoided with a few extra lines in the mapscript, but then I saw it as a sort of Polynesia start, and decided to keep it. Though I never tried to actually play a game with this kind of start, it should be possible. While fishing/sailing/shipbuilding and seafaring are first priority techs, the bright side is wastly reduced barbarian attacks and increased trade.)

I'm glad it worked :D

Oh yes, very fun. No paths whatsoever, and Mongolia and Korea had slightly more fortunate starts (Mongols on a three-tile, Korea on a two-tile)
Did you get my suggestions?

yeah. I'm not sure it would fit with the VIP mod though. I try to stick with "normal" history as much as possible. Also I kind of want to keep the mod "fit", so its still playable on lowend computers even in modern eras, so my estimate would be adding no more than 10 units than is already in the mod.

But once finished (a rough estimate I would say around x-mas 2011) feel free to modmod it in anyway you want. and ofcourse if you find some components interesting, just grap them :D

So you'll do the religions? I'm sure many will appreciate it.

problem is the gamefonts. They are full because of the guilds and corporations. I actually had to enlarge them myself to get the last ones squeezed in ;)
Also, in almost all my games there are religions (christianity and islam) that never have any influence or impact. Adding new ones would just contribute to having some more of the vanilla religions "going into the dark"

In the arabian one I showed the start to, I founded Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, and Christianity. I converted to Christianity when it came around because it was founded in Mecca and wanted their promotion. I think I founded Taoism as well...

use asafs gamefont editor and it should be a 5min job for those gamefonts :p

I doubt it would help ;) Its not the icons thats the problem (I already made tons of those). Its the dimensions of the gamefonts thats going to be an issue. I already change the proportions, and it required a few hacks.

Well. Bought a "new" (old) computer with a GF 9800GT GPU and a 22'' monitor.

Wheehaa!!! Turns are suddenly down to 2-3 seconds in industrial era, and the settings/resolution is high, high, high :D

Spoiler :

It bugged me that the unit upgrading was kinda weird.. I'd get a new units from tech and not be able to upgrade to them.. my horse archer won't upgrade to Knights anymore, but I was able to upgrade the Praets and spears in my SoD, so I was ok.

I was sent here by Jwitti, when I asked for a mod with more dynamic coporations.

I am not disappoint.

Your mod kicks ass! The guilds are awesome, the techtree and terrain look great and I didn't notice any bugs. Awesome.

Still, it seems like the mod isn't really finished. I haven't read through this whole thread, but it seems that way from the holes in the 'pedia and the technologies that don't really seem to do anything.

So, my question is: When do you think this wonderful mod will be finished, and is there anything I could do to help? I know next to nothing about modding, but if you need any help with the descriptions on the 'pedia I'd be more than happy to assist.

Also, what's up with the "Unknown" corporation. Clockwork Orange? Aliens? Seriously, what the hell? :p

It bugged me that the unit upgrading was kinda weird.. I'd get a new units from tech and not be able to upgrade to them.. my horse archer won't upgrade to Knights anymore, but I was able to upgrade the Praets and spears in my SoD, so I was ok.

Let me know if there are more upgrade paths that needs to be fixed :D

I was sent here by Jwitti, when I asked for a mod with more dynamic coporations.

I am not disappoint.

Your mod kicks ass! The guilds are awesome, the techtree and terrain look great and I didn't notice any bugs. Awesome.

Still, it seems like the mod isn't really finished. I haven't read through this whole thread, but it seems that way from the holes in the 'pedia and the technologies that don't really seem to do anything.

So, my question is: When do you think this wonderful mod will be finished, and is there anything I could do to help? I know next to nothing about modding, but if you need any help with the descriptions on the 'pedia I'd be more than happy to assist.

Also, what's up with the "Unknown" corporation. Clockwork Orange? Aliens? Seriously, what the hell? :p

Yep, the mod is currently in version 0.86, and is currently under development. Though ancient, classic and medieval are 98% finished.
I'm going to add a custom dll with various stuff. I already did on an earlier version, but it slows down the "normal" constructing, so I took it out again. Also the late industrial+modern needs serious tweaking, while the future techs are at a state where its just there to add flavour (instead of future tech I, II, III etc).
The dll will have upgrade paths for buildings, so I'm going to add maybe 20-30 buildings to the mod (many will fill the empty techs).

Any suggestions/comments are more than welcome ;). Especially regarding balance/buildings/AI/flow (era/tech/building and unit costs), but also general "bugs".

I think that there is someone currently writing on the Pedia's, though I might start doing them myself as I havent heard anything for a while.

I guess the 0.86 actually means 86% finished, and a rough estimate would give x-mas 2011 as a release date for a completely finished mod.

oh, and both the clockwork orange corp and the alien resource are not part of anything, it just have to be there for now, otherwise the gamefonts wouldnt work correctly.

It makes sense, it just aggravated me at the time.
Oh, and you're welcome for the publicity ;)

Hi everyone,

I have asked in the FAQ thread and in a new thread to no avail. I hope I can get some answers here.

I plain and simply LOVE your Warlords mod. It was THE thing I most liked from BtS to RoM. In my first and only RoM game so far, I was the second strongest civ on my continent and I used these units to disrupt my rival's homeland (killing workers and stray units etc). I just loved it.

Sadly, even the latest version of RoM crashes to desktop (CTD) very often at some point, and became unplayable by the time I got railroads and stuff. So I installed AND. It is indeed a great improvement stability-wise.

It seems that AND 1.75c does not include Warlords and I want to add them. I've tried copying the Custom Units/Warlord folder from the RoM installation to the AND installation, but it did not work (easy to test by checking whether those units are in the Civilopedia).

What can I do? I'm becoming desperate... I don't want to use vanilla BtS after trying RoM and AND!! Does the Warlord mod work with AND? (the webpage only talks about RoM)

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I have asked in the FAQ thread and in a new thread to no avail. I hope I can get some answers here.

I plain and simply LOVE your Warlords mod. It was THE thing I most liked from BtS to RoM. In my first and only RoM game so far, I was the second strongest civ on my continent and I used these units to disrupt my rival's homeland (killing workers and stray units etc). I just loved it.

Sadly, even the latest version of RoM crashes to desktop (CTD) very often at some point, and became unplayable by the time I got railroads and stuff. So I installed AND. It is indeed a great improvement stability-wise.

It seems that AND 1.75c does not include Warlords and I want to add them. I've tried copying the Custom Units/Warlord folder from the RoM installation to the AND installation, but it did not work (easy to test by checking whether those units are in the Civilopedia).

What can I do? I'm becoming desperate... I don't want to use vanilla BtS after trying RoM and AND!! Does the Warlord mod work with AND? (the webpage only talks about RoM)

Thanks in advance!

you need to take a copy from RoM and then place it in the same position in RoM AND.
Then you have to add it/activate it in the MLF (Modular Loading File).
That should do it, though Afforess did a lot of work to eliminate my warlords from AND, so I cant promise it will work.

you need to take a copy from RoM and then place it in the same position in RoM AND.
Then you have to add it/activate it in the MLF (Modular Loading File).
That should do it, though Afforess did a lot of work to eliminate my warlords from AND, so I cant promise it will work.

It worked! I have to start a new game, but I really don't care, the continent I started on was square with a minor peninsula. Fugly as hell for my homeland.

Just so that others with the same issue know how to do it:

1) Install RoM
2) Install AND
3) Copy the folder "Mods/Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Units/Warlord" to "Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/Modules/Custom Units/Warlord"
4) Go to Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.ini and edit the line "ModularLoading = 0" to "ModularLoading = 1"
5) Test whether it worked: start a new game with any civ and check the Civilopedia for the Warlord units.

I have NO idea whether this breaks AND in any way, I haven't started a proper new game yet. I tried loading my previous save and it fails, so I guess I do have to start a new game.

(the error message is funny: "failed to uncompress game data")

Vincentz, the only thing better than a great modder is a great modder that provides support for its users. Thanks a lot!!

It worked! I have to start a new game, but I really don't care, the continent I started on was square with a minor peninsula. Fugly as hell for my homeland.

Just so that others with the same issue know how to do it:

1) Install RoM
2) Install AND
3) Copy the folder "Mods/Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Units/Warlord" to "Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/Modules/Custom Units/Warlord"
4) Go to Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.ini and edit the line "ModularLoading = 0" to "ModularLoading = 1"
5) Test whether it worked: start a new game with any civ and check the Civilopedia for the Warlord units.

I have NO idea whether this breaks AND in any way, I haven't started a proper new game yet. I tried loading my previous save and it fails, so I guess I do have to start a new game.

(the error message is funny: "failed to uncompress game data")

Vincentz, the only thing better than a great modder is a great modder that provides support for its users. Thanks a lot!!

OR you could just play VIP mod ;)

Through intensive play that never got past rifles (don't ask) I found a glitch! Rams have a max damage on attack of 0%, but when I attack a city with one that I can't see (in ancient, you never can see, so...) and there's only one unit left (I think, it didn't work on occasions I assume were with more than one unit) it kills it automatically, no combat animation, no 'your ram has killed a(n) archer/javilineer/warrior/whatever the AIs end up with' just, 'Jwitti has captured Ulundi (or whichever)'

I love exploiting this glitch, but I should ask you to fix it. In the mean time, everyone who plays, attack blindly with rams!!!

Top Bottom