Ask a Protestant Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the thread title, D3k. If you want a thread about filthy blasphemous heretics who should be stoned to death

Ahem. Good call Takhisis.

Well, if you want to ask a Filthy Heretic (Protestant;)) anything about his personal beliefs, go ahead and I'll try to answer. Just note that I am not required to prove my faith, this is about my personal beliefs only.

Shoot;)

Right :ar15:

What kind of a Protestant are you?

What kind of a Protestant are you?

I attend a Baptist Church, but I'm not necessarily "Baptist" per say, though I do believe in Believer's Baptism. I consider myself a Christian who happens to attend a Baptist Church at the moment. I do agree with a lot of their beliefs, but I disagree on others.

What do you believe of the Bible, how do you decide if you want to reject the Bible's teaching or not? Did you reject the Septuagint? Why do you reject Christ's Church?

:rotfl:

Check the "Ask a Catholic" threads for the context of why I chose the title. I'm a Protestant though, the OP makes that clear enough.

Too bad, I had some interesting questions I'd like to ask a Luciferian.

EDIT: 1000 posts :banana: And I had the word Luciferian in it, added bonus!

Do you think this split off of the other two heretical threads will last as long as the historical split relatively speaking?

Awesome thread, thanks Dom! I am very glad that you'll confine the discussion about your own personal religious beliefs to this thread from here on out.

That's really considerate of the rest of the forum, and we appreciate it. :goodjob:

Protestant is a very broad term as well. Specify the actual church you're adhering to to avoid misrepresentation of the rest.

Let he who casts the first stone be without sin.

*casts stone in the direction of Dom*

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Lol wow at the thread title. I'll have you know that virtually no catholics believe this :) There isn't some secret disdain for protestants within the church (well maybe for those fundies, but they're considered misguided not heretical). The church actually desires reconciliation and the reunion of christianity. Between the schism of east and west and the protestant reformations it's become too splintered.

What do you believe of the Bible,

All 66 canonical books.
how do you decide if you want to reject the Bible's teaching or not?

Same way I decide whether to sin or not?
Did you reject the Septuagint?

Yes.

Why do you reject Christ's Church?

I didn't. I just never accepted the Catholic Church.

Do you think this split off of the other two heretical threads will last as long as the historical split relatively speaking?

I don't understand the question.

Lol wow at the thread title. I'll have you know that virtually no catholics believe this :)

Well except Civ_King;)

But seriously, yeah I know that. It was a reference to the other thread. If you look at "Ask a Catholic II" you'll understand the joke.

The church actually desires reconciliation and the reunion of christianity. Between the schism of east and west and the protestant reformations it's become too splintered.

Well, I know there's "Outside the Church there is no Salvation" but apparently most Catholics don't take that literally. It sounds like its more like "Outside the Church you won't get Salvation as easily" so I don't know why they don't just say that.

What do you believe of the Bible, how do you decide if you want to reject the Bible's teaching or not? Did you reject the Septuagint? Why do you reject Christ's Church?
Protestants don't reject "Christ's Church", the Catholics did that when they split from Orthodoxy ;)

To claim any church as the ONE that is totally right is completely arrogant and doesn't take into account facts.
Jesus was not into full centralization, as you may have noticed. He flipped out at the Temple because of the byproducts of organization.
The Man lived the life of a pauper, wandering about, preaching in the wilderness. I am fairly certain, based on His example, that He is pretty accepting of numerous versions of Christianity... including the RCC of course.

I do believe the papists were in the habit of burning people, rather than stoning them.

The Man lived the life of a pauper, wandering about, preaching in the wilderness. I am fairly certain, based on His example, that He is pretty accepting of numerous versions of Christianity... including the RCC of course.

Define "Accepting." While I have no doubt there's no one Church who has it all right, there is a certain set of doctrines that are correct, its not always clear which ones are right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom